Backdooring The best team strategy?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Stope

Member

03-02-2010

Backdooring doesn't just magically happen.

If your enemy is taking a tower, usually they have to push the lane's minions first. Keep minions some distance away from your tower, and they can't just pop in and kill the tower without taking considerable damage. It isn't until late game that champions can take a reasonably high health tower down while tanking it. At which point you can very likely beat the other team 4v5, or just take their tower with them at it.

If it's an inhib w/ no tower, usually they had to do some heavy fighting to get that tower down. Even then, most heroes can't out dps an inhib before you get there until late game. At which point you have an advantage if you 5v4 the opponent (towers become less powerful the longer the game goes on).

Another simple strategy is to quickly 5 man run through the jungle near the unprotected inhib, If they are a stealther, have an oracle. You should be able to afford oracles at late game where the risk of BDing is more prevalent.

The biggest thing people do to consistent effect, is mid game they 4 man tower hug and
send a pusher to counter push a tower. This doesn't usually last long as the attacking team has options: continue pushing the tower/tower dive, cut off the pusher, steal the enemies neutrals/start gaining a level advantage while the other team tower hugs hard.

It all boils down to the fact that with proper strategy, there is always something you can do to counter/exploit your opponents strategy. It isn't until the opponents start getting more powerful/have better strategy that they start winning, can back door without losing anything, that this becomes a "problem." I would call that more so: the enemy is just plain and simply winning.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Redtah

Senior Member

03-02-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by GkCHN View Post
On the contrary I'm one of those guys who actually played ladder in Warcraft 3. And last time I checked, hitting your opponent's base while they're out somewhere else is a pretty good strategy.
WC3 isn't DoTa in might run on the same engine but well last I checked they are pretty different games.


Quote:
Originally Posted by NoyRave View Post
erm if someone backdoors wont their carry be like taking towers, and your being 5v4 with no enemy carry and still manage to lose? ._.
fighting 5v4 at an enemy tower is like fighting 5v5

so while your team might get a tower kill, theres is definetly going to get one. unless you have a fortify and/or a teleport and well even if you know its coming sometimes there is little you can do but back off completely. since 4v4 at an enemy tower is no good. and unless you send someone equally as devastating back to D they will probably just get the tower anyway.

All this while your creeps are at there tower in the lane thats getting backdoored.

bluepilling will never stop a backdoor in time, not even if they were backdooring nexus towers.

Its like when the enemy team is pushing all three lanes and theres 4 bottom and 1 top, your not going to be able to stop them from harassing the towers and your not going to be able to get a kill.

The last game I lost to backdoor a twitch went to get our bottom inhib and we were able to just barely save it with 3 of showing up to stop him. but we did and we pushed the lane out just a little bit. Then flying out of the ****ing air is pantheon to hit it one more time and get the inhib to win them the game


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Redtah

Senior Member

03-02-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stope View Post
Backdooring doesn't just magically happen.

If your enemy is taking a tower, usually they have to push the lane's minions first. Keep minions some distance away from your tower, and they can't just pop in and kill the tower without taking considerable damage. It isn't until late game that champions can take a reasonably high health tower down while tanking it. At which point you can very likely beat the other team 4v5, or just take their tower with them at it.
If minions are at the tower its not backdooring. trading a tower for a chance at a tower isn't really worth it. A Jax or an Udyr take no more then a few seconds to take a tower down given some decent items. A decently put together team will just stun you in their tower basically making it a 5v5. all while the enemy BDer rips the tower to shreds and then comes to join the fray.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stope View Post
If it's an inhib w/ no tower, usually they had to do some heavy fighting to get that tower down. Even then, most heroes can't out dps an inhib before you get there until late game. At which point you have an advantage if you 5v4 the opponent (towers become less powerful the longer the game goes on).
Trading an inhibitor for a tower is again not worth it, Its true they were probably doing better/winning if they are at an inhibitor and you aren't but should they just win the game for making it to an inhib?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stope View Post
Another simple strategy is to quickly 5 man run through the jungle near the unprotected inhib, If they are a stealther, have an oracle. You should be able to afford oracles at late game where the risk of BDing is more prevalent.
This is something that might actually help, but to make sure an enemy isn't going to backdoor you might have just given up the few seconds you had to push. Just the chance that an enemy might do it is losing you an enemy tower/inhib.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stope View Post
The biggest thing people do to consistent effect, is mid game they 4 man tower hug and
send a pusher to counter push a tower. This doesn't usually last long as the attacking team has options: continue pushing the tower/tower dive, cut off the pusher, steal the enemies neutrals/start gaining a level advantage while the other team tower hugs hard.
pushing I have no problem with, when people like Udyr or Yi or Tristana come flying out of the woods and break a tower in a few seconds all because they were doing better then you for a small portion of the game. Having a bad early game shouldn't always lose you the game should it? Backdooring cements the fact that it will.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stope View Post
It all boils down to the fact that with proper strategy, there is always something you can do to counter/exploit your opponents strategy. It isn't until the opponents start getting more powerful/have better strategy that they start winning, can back door without losing anything, that this becomes a "problem." I would call that more so: the enemy is just plain and simply winning.
I guess this is sometimes true but I just can't understand why in this game's predecesor it was so heavily frowned upon. Now its not? The only reason I've ever heard in all of topics about it is. "This game isn't DoTA" while this might be true its roots are obviously in DoTA. Just one reason why it wasn't okay in DoTA but it is in LoL?


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Ashtorath

Member

03-03-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redtah View Post
...but I just can't understand why in this game's predecesor it was so heavily frowned upon. Now its not?
Why was it so heavily frowned upon in DOTA? That's the part I can't understand.

If it wasn't intended by the game designers, they could have added mechanics to make it impossible or very high risk.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

CarlSagansCosmos

Senior Member

03-03-2010

Question: Is it concidered BD if a tower has say 100 or so HP left?


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

ZO KidKaiser

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

03-03-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by egsixx View Post
anybody who agrees with backdooring as a strategy have no sense of fair gameplay... which is why it almost always happens mid-late game when they realize they have no chance of winning.
wait. what? "no sense of fair gameplay.."
BDing is just like 5-man ganking one champ. so think of it like this. 5 man ganking one champ is OKAY. BUT BDing is not? hmm.. something is CLEARLY wrong here.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

halfNakedNinja

Senior Member

03-03-2010

yeah i think my premade last night kinda proved this to be the best strategy ever, we won 6 games straight this way, they were all really close games though. we had to backdoor or we would have lost so hard! it was truly amazing.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

bigbote

Member

03-03-2010

I think backdooring is a totally legit strategy. The problem with its decriers is that they stick to an imaginary code of ethics when it comes to pushing when there is absolutely none in all other aspects of the game. I would say that ganking is just as underhanded as backdooring, yet people somehow find the former acceptable and the latter not.

If backdooring was not officially allowed, then the game devs would have put measures to make it impossible to do. Since it is well within the realm of possibility in-game, then i think people should just learn to deal with it with strategy.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

halfNakedNinja

Senior Member

03-03-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by KnightRemixed View Post
wait. what? "no sense of fair gameplay.."
BDing is just like 5-man ganking one champ. so think of it like this. 5 man ganking one champ is OKAY. BUT BDing is not? hmm.. something is CLEARLY wrong here.
lol so true you arent aloud to bd because it isnt fair to the other team?
since when does then the purple team care about the blue team's feelings? and vice-versa
if we are going to care about feelings why dont we all sit in a circle in middle lane and shove our thumbs up our bums!!


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

LogJammin

Senior Member

03-03-2010

ITT: A guy can't admit to being wrong.

Backdooring is a legit strat. Anyone can do it, if your team doesnt have the proper champion(s) for doing this it is not the other teams fault, but further-more you will most likely excel with your team in a different area of combat.

Some people just can't stand having their weakness attacked and thye just want to sit and cry about it instead of adapting to the situation. If you work to strengthen up your weaknesses then BDing would not become such a problem. You will learn to recognize the situations that people get away with this on you and figure out what to do about it. Until then... if you want... you can stay here whining about it and arguging with everybody who disagrees with you. OR you can just get better at the game and quit embarassing yourself with empty arguements.

If Riot did not want this as a legit strat in their game they would not have left it in. It's a matter of map control and keeping your enemies contained. If you can't do this, then you have no business winning in the first place.