Backdooring The best team strategy?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

TaigaStance

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

03-02-2010

Anyone who cries over being backdoored shouldn't be playing this game.
Killing off towers is the only way to get to the Nexus, I see no reason why it's not a viable strategy. People need to learn when and where they need to attack/defend instead of always roaming for ganks just to boost their K/D.
Besides, it's harder to kill a tower without minions beside it. If they can do it, then clearly they're farmed enough to be able to and something wasn't done to stop them earlier in the game.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Redtah

Senior Member

03-02-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by GkCHN View Post
Anyone who cries over being backdoored shouldn't be playing this game.
Killing off towers is the only way to get to the Nexus, I see no reason why it's not a viable strategy. People need to learn when and where they need to attack/defend instead of always roaming for ganks just to boost their K/D.
Besides, it's harder to kill a tower without minions beside it. If they can do it, then clearly they're farmed enough to be able to and something wasn't done to stop them earlier in the game.

Yea unless the other team doesn't have a super Backdoor champion like a pantheon/yi/udyr/twitch and yours does and then well you win the game because your hero can pick off a tower/inhib before the other team can move from one side of the base to the other side.

Seems pretty fair to me.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

TaigaStance

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

03-02-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redtah View Post
Yea unless the other team doesn't have a super Backdoor champion like a pantheon/yi/udyr/twitch and yours does and then well you win the game because your hero can pick off a tower/inhib before the other team can move from one side of the base to the other side.

Seems pretty fair to me.
And you want to blame them for not trying to shutting down your super backdooring champion early or blame yourself for having a teammate who's able to kill towers?

Yeah, let's just make all towers invulnerable and do 999 damage unless a enemy minion is within 1000 range.

Seems pretty fair to me.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

PaNzOnE

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Junior Member

03-02-2010

The biggest problem is the speed at which you can get back to your base. It takes 8 seconds to get back to base with a bluepill. If all teleports/fortifies are down.. boom your tower is dead in 8 seconds. Oh your team is pushing top. Ill just slip into your bot lane and backdoor that final tower/inhib.

What I dont understand is. Its easier to BD in LoL and everyone says its fine. It was 3 times harder to BD in Dota and it was so shunned in dota. Does not make much sense to me.

I wish there were teleport scrolls in this game like in dota. Would be so much easier to stop backdooring and then I wouldnt constantly have to worry while we are pushing that our inhib just gets backdoored again.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Redtah

Senior Member

03-02-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by GkCHN View Post
And you want to blame them for not trying to shutting down your super backdooring champion early or blame yourself for having a teammate who's able to kill towers?

Yeah, let's just make all towers invulnerable and do 999 damage unless a enemy minion is within 1000 range.

Seems pretty fair to me.

It does seem pretty fair to me after playing Dota for years where it was heavily frowned upon. I guess that's just me though.

Is it really fair to have leave 2 or 3 heroes behind to stop ONE hero? Apparently you think so : p


As to there being a penalty to BDing there is a Penalty for towers no such thing exists for inhibitors, they don't even have armor as it is.

I bet your one of those guys who uses a grenade launcher in CoD.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

TaigaStance

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

03-02-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redtah View Post
I bet your one of those guys who uses a grenade launcher in CoD.
On the contrary I'm one of those guys who actually played ladder in Warcraft 3. And last time I checked, hitting your opponent's base while they're out somewhere else is a pretty good strategy.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

PaNzOnE

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Junior Member

03-02-2010

Yea well in WC3 when a whole team is away and you hit their base there is a little thing called teleport scrolls that we dont have the luxury of in this game.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

KnockKnock

Member

03-02-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaNzOnE View Post
Yea well in WC3 when a whole team is away and you hit their base there is a little thing called teleport scrolls that we dont have the luxury of in this game.
Good god, I hope this is sarcasm.....

Backdooring is more than a viable strat, it is an excellent strategy to employ.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

egsixx

Senior Member

03-02-2010

anybody who agrees with backdooring as a strategy have no sense of fair gameplay... which is why it almost always happens mid-late game when they realize they have no chance of winning.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

NoyRave

Senior Member

03-02-2010

erm if someone backdoors wont their carry be like taking towers, and your being 5v4 with no enemy carry and still manage to lose? ._.