Backdooring The best team strategy?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Redtah

03-01-2010

Backdooring

just curious what other people think about it, seems like whatever team has a better hero comp for backdooring inevitable any half decent slightly drawn out game wins because of it. I know I used to see discussion about this a lot more in beta. But uh yea what do you all think about it now after a few months of non beta?

I know I've lost quite a few games because of it. I don't think I've ever won a game because of it though. Usually because I'm against doing it unless the other team has already done it.

If you have a hero capable of BDing, even if they die, it usually ends up being worth it since if you get super creeps its more then worth a death. Especially since unless your leaving two champions to defend the solo inhibitor the champion can just ignore you and get it since by late game BD capable heroes are 5-6 shoting it.

Any ideas on what to do to prevent it?

Who do you think is the best or some of the best heroes for doing it?

Do you think it detracts from the game? or do you think its just another strategy (arguable the best?)?

Peldin

03-01-2010

Sentry wards counter backdooring so easily. Rarely do pugs get sentry wards because they are too concerned about decking their hero out in the best gear possible. But it's by far the best item in the game for the money.

Malduk

03-01-2010

I only have issues with backdooring Twitch. Every time I see him in opposing team, I KNOW he will eventually backdoor whenever he gets the chance.
Because of his stealth, you have to buy 150gp wards. Because of the speed he takes towers down, you can do very little about it. If you come there in time, he'll just go back to stealth, and with oracle having such a short range, you won't kill him.

Other than filthy rat, I have no issues with backdooring. Its a perfectly good strategy as you ARE getting yourself at risk by going behind enemy lines.

RHINO Mk II

03-01-2010

Backdooring. If you do it against a competent team, your remaining 4 will be slaughtered, and you will have to defend your base against 4 or 5 enemy heros who are thirsting for revenge.

Redtah

03-01-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peldin View Post
Sentry wards counter backdooring so easily. Rarely do pugs get sentry wards because they are too concerned about decking their hero out in the best gear possible. But it's by far the best item in the game for the money.
I feel like sometimes it doesn't even matter if you know its comin. The reason I posted this thread is it seems like everytime I have what I would consider a good game (evenly matched teams) it just comes down to Udyr or Tristana or some physical carry walking in and breaking a tower/inhib in a few seconds. Forget it if the rest of the team is pushing another tower theres not much one hero can do to stop their carry unless its your carry and then what about your other tower < . <

Quote:
Originally Posted by RHINO Mk II View Post
Backdooring. If you do it against a competent team, your remaining 4 will be slaughtered, and you will have to defend your base against 4 or 5 enemy heros who are thirsting for revenge.

Unless the BD got an inhib in which case they'll just push that lane or wait for the hero to respawn while the other team defends > . >

Kikhan

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-02-2010

I'd have to say Panth is one of the better BD Champs but any stealth has it easier then others who have to worry about running into trouble in the jungle.

At level 13-15 depending on how good I am doing I can for sure take a halfed tower or half a tower and get away as long as I don't push the situation. Nearing 18 with some armour or health items added in I can take a full tower. With alot of attk speed can get the shield up on minions to block one shot and get a cpl more hits in on the tower.

TF can obviously pop in easy and with a dmg build can do pretty well.

Teemo moves fast and has generally a high attk speed and can use a defensive mushroom to take a minion wave out so also a good choice.

Most tanks of course can but, I think Rammus with roller ball speed and ulti is probably best suited for Bding the most of the tanks I can think of off hand..

sephofdeath

03-02-2010

how many kills do you need to win the game?
5? 10? 20? 30+? no. you need towers.

the point of the game is to destroy towers to get to the nexus. there are things called minions in your way guarded by towers and occasionally you might meet a stronger minion called a champion. but really, you can win a game with 0 kills if you play it right (so serious). if you bd and the other team cries foul, they are just out looking for kills and not defending towers. and if someone is backdooring you, either your team is close to base and can defend or is far away at the enemy's base pushing their tower and getting their inhibitor.

Aralain

03-02-2010

I see alot of backdoor crying lately, and what it really translates into is:

We 5 man ganked you guys since 7 minutes in, we have 30 kills, you have 11, and we lost boo hoo...

And what that means children is, 5 man gank squads are great, but they cost you against a good team that will push while you try to get that amazing triple kill on the opposite side of the map.

So, do your 5 man ganks, but get teleport or learn how to gank with 2-3 guys and cover your lanes. Nothing wrong with Backdooring/pushing an unguarded lane. As of right now, it's the only counter to 5 man roaming ganks, and it has me on a 7 game win streak with mord right now.

Oh, and get some wards for the love of god, they win games. If i see a 5 man gank going top, i'll push bottom like crazy cause I know they are blood thirsty 1337 h4ck3rs that needs high K/D ratio.... I just need wins and IP. PUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUSH!!!

Balonar

03-02-2010

With his Ult, Singed is able to take a tower without worrying about building damage or attack speed items. He can concentrate solely on Defensive Items and still take out a tower as fast as any other character.

Praetor Kamahl

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-02-2010

Backdooring is the perfect counter to forced early teamfighting. They can either all divert their attention from the location to you, or they can try to win a 5v4 while sacrificing a tower. As long as you can take down the tower in decent time and your team plays defensively, they'll be down a tower and your team will get a gold / XP buff. Favorite thing to do as Singed really around level 10, since getting 2 levels and a tower down if you're not focusing on the team fight is a huge advantage. Unfortunately sometimes BDing results in a poor team composition that ends up with 4 deaths and they all blame you.