Jungle Chogath

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

tootallball

04-23-2011

I was bored last night and thought I'd try it out. I had an enormous amount of success. I was jungling faster than a WW in one game and an Udyr in another. Is this fairly typical and how viable is it to actually jungle with Chogath in ranked games? I usually run Armor Yellows and everything else attack speed. I hover around 70% health up until about level 4-5 and after that I stay at 90-100% HP.

The only knock I can see on him is his ganking ability. But I am fairly decent at landing Ruptures and once I get on them with red buff... my attack speed can really do some damage to them with spikes.

My typical skill order is EQQWER and then maxing E followed by Q.

Thoughts?

Nemozorus

04-23-2011

what was your build?

tootallball

04-23-2011

I started with cloth armor and 5 pots. Built boots, then either a catalyst into a Bveil or a giants belt into a sunfire cape depending on team matchups. I would either sell the cloth armor or build it into GA/aegis/frozen heart. Regardless I get a sunfire and Bveil every game. I prefer a more tanky cho than the straight health stack or mage cho.

Nemozorus

04-23-2011

tanky cho ftw imo

with the recent heart of gold nerf, jungle tanks were left apart

i've heard a couple times about jungling cho, but i have a friend who plays AD cho and rips people apart

tootallball

04-23-2011

I have never tried AD cho. The beauty of jungling with him is you get a 1000 nuke on a minion every minute or so with your feast. It becomes incredibly easy to get your feast stacks up and keep them. Not to mention with the AS that I have + the red buff you can gank people by just auto attacking if you have a competent solo laner.

Nemozorus

04-23-2011

nunu's consume at lvl 6 basically

what was your jungle route?

tootallball

04-23-2011

I got a leash at blue. Then went a standard Wolves --> Wraiths --> Golems --> Red. I'm sure there is a faster way but I havent experimented enough yet. Its similar to Nunu's consume but Cho's passive gives him a much better health regen in the jungle IMO.

Nemozorus

04-23-2011

will definitey try it once

tootallball

04-23-2011

feel free to add me in game and let me know how it goes