Pantheon or Shaco

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

shinn4

03-01-2010

Now this might be the hardest choice I have ever confronted in LoL.

I do not play alot of LoL therefore I don't have alot of IP to buy both but I have enough for 1.
I love to play tryn, FOR ALL THE PEOPLE WHO SAYS TRYN SUCKS, LEARN TO PLAY.

I have looked at both champions and found both of them to be really frieking ownage.

So which one should I get?

P.S FOR TRYN PLAYERS

Tryndamere is doing O.K for now, I have not found a problem about him, I played tryn alot and I somewhat get an average of score of 15+ 4-7 deaths per game. Tryn is only hard early-mid, after that it's all good.

Tiren

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-01-2010

just made a similar post so ill just copy it here with a few twinks..

I am mainly a pantheon user. He is my favorite champion so i might be a little bias lol. but one of my good friends is a shaco user who i lane with constantly. deadly combo.

Pantheon Pros
Great melee DPS. perhaps the best melee DPS if ya build him right
tied with master YI for highest movement speed from the start
great ult which also funtions as a teleport. can really prevent enemies from moving forward from what they want to do
has range abilities (spear). this makes him a excellent harrasser
Stun. its only 1 second but its enough to stop runners or to stop chasers!
passive makes him more durable then most other melee DPS. even blocks a tower shot!
great farmer, pusher, and carry

Pantheon Cons
Low HP. even with the sheild your still a softie at heart
not to versitle. your only fuction is to do damage. some pantheon users argue that he can be built as a tank. but even if that was true there is far better tanks.
if ya dont get the kills early enough you do start to fall behind. your items are a little more expensive then most over champions.
your ult in late game loses its luser. most games end up with your opponents charging togeather. you cant survive ulting into 5 guys. the ult just isnt that threatening anymore and your more of a present falling from the sky full of gold for your enemies :P

Shaco pros
-great DPS. maybe better single target DPS then pantheon
- great crowd control. fear is an awsome ability. these can also be used as a set of extra eyes on certian locations (baron, dragon, etc)
-invisible. your one of the few who can turn invisible. invisible characters usually have higher kills then others which means more gold for you!
-your ult makes your 5 man party into a 6 man party!

Shaco Cons
- very low HP. your softer then pantheon. better hope ya can cloak away in time.
-oracle and wards. in high level matches most people know to purchase these against ya. oracles and wards make you far less threatening to the other team. either purchase a oracle elixir for yourself and hunt wards down or coordinate with your team to kill heroes with oracles. on the plus side this drains their gold but you wont be having much fun if they can see you all the time

Krom

03-01-2010

I'll keep this short and sweet.

Shaco > Patheon, no doubt in my mind about that.

HOWEVER... Shaco is very rune dependent, and unfortunatly the runes he relies on are + Crit Dmg, which are some of the most expensive.

So unless you're willing to commit like 10k IP to runes, I would pass on Shaco and just play him when he's free till you can support his rune book.

shinn4

03-01-2010

[QUOTE=Tiren;757926]just made a similar post so ill just copy it here with a few twinks..

I am mainly a pantheon user. He is my favorite champion so i might be a little bias lol. but one of my good friends is a shaco user who i lane with constantly. deadly combo.

Pantheon Pros
Great melee DPS. perhaps the best melee DPS if ya build him right
tied with master YI for highest movement speed from the start
great ult which also funtions as a teleport. can really prevent enemies from moving forward from what they want to do
has range abilities (spear). this makes him a excellent harrasser
Stun. its only 1 second but its enough to stop runners or to stop chasers!
passive makes him more durable then most other melee DPS. even blocks a tower shot!
great farmer, pusher, and carry

Pantheon Cons
Low HP. even with the sheild your still a softie at heart
not to versitle. your only fuction is to do damage. some pantheon users argue that he can be built as a tank. but even if that was true there is far better tanks.
if ya dont get the kills early enough you do start to fall behind. your items are a little more expensive then most over champions.
your ult in late game loses its luser. most games end up with your opponents charging togeather. you cant survive ulting into 5 guys. the ult just isnt that threatening anymore and your more of a present falling from the sky full of gold for your enemies :P

__________________________________________________ ____---

I think I'll get Pantheon more because of his skills rather than Shaco. Shaco has good skills but you just presented me 1 what I can say is major, he has no hp and could be easily denied with wards or the pot. But I think Shaco and Pantheon varies on the situation on the game, like if the other team is a dam lot of nukers probably not the best to pick Shaco unless the enemies don't buy wards or pot then Shaco has upper advantage, but Pantheon will more likely kill nukers rather than Shaco if it is in the higher lvl fights.

It's just my guess.

shinn4

03-01-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krom View Post
I'll keep this short and sweet.

Shaco > Patheon, no doubt in my mind about that.

HOWEVER... Shaco is very rune dependent, and unfortunatly the runes he relies on are + Crit Dmg, which are some of the most expensive.

So unless you're willing to commit like 10k IP to runes, I would pass on Shaco and just play him when he's free till you can support his rune book.

Yea I'm rather new to LoL so runes ( glyphs I think ) are confusing for me, becuase recently I bought a darn cheap lesser mark of strength or something that cost about 25 IP and I didn't know how to use it. But if the IP is the case Shaco wins, but more likely hero wise without any additions or boosts of some sort Pantheon will win or Shaco?

SERIOUSBIZNIZ

03-01-2010

Shaco wins if you know when to fight and when to run away, not just what your rune book looks like. No matter how fed you are on shaco an annie with a RoA can stomp you in 3 secs by herself, gotta know exactly when to back off and when to commit.

Voidgolem

03-01-2010

Decieve: Get a book of +crit%, proceed to crit for 75-90% of anyone's HP early game.

Therefore, I say Shaco >.>

Marid King

03-01-2010

Pantheon is better for less pro players. He's stil a bit hard, but you only really have to attack. Whearas shaco has to drop clowns, ambuesh, control clones WELL, and watch constantly for enemy team-ups. But Shaco has more potential to be game changing IMHO.

Krom

03-01-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by shinn4 View Post
Yea I'm rather new to LoL so runes ( glyphs I think ) are confusing for me, becuase recently I bought a darn cheap lesser mark of strength or something that cost about 25 IP and I didn't know how to use it. But if the IP is the case Shaco wins, but more likely hero wise without any additions or boosts of some sort Pantheon will win or Shaco?
Patheon is pretty straight forward and would probably be your best bet.

And like someone else said, even if you save up enough for a Cirt Dmg book, you can still fail with Shaco due to his high learning curve.

It sounds like to me you'd be better off getting Patheon now, and practicing with Shaco when hes free until you get more experience.

shinn4

03-01-2010

Thanks guys, you helped me upon this difficult choice.

I will buy Shaco and I hope someday I'll fight you.

NOW TO SEARCH HOW TO BUY RUNES AND PUT IT ON RUNE BOOKS