Backstabbing your own jungler is bad.

123
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Neokenfu

Senior Member

04-22-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kalshazzak View Post
The OP's second sentence made the entire post for me a negative one. The whole thing read to me as this is how you help ME the jungler, not this is how you help the team by helping the jungler. Which is why i'm sticking to the strong possibility of lack of communication. I didn't consider the OP referring to refusing because his post read like it was targeting the people who simply don;t know. If someone refused there are 3 other people on the team, and I've never seen every other team-mate refuse to leash. If you get one of those, just play your best and move on. :\
YOUR jungler needs YOUR help early on to be OPTIMAL(see that vocab word for you again Kalshazzak). If YOU help your jungler by scouting/leashing it'll ensure that YOUR jungler can gank YOUR lane. Get the THEME here?

It's YOUR team so YOU have an investment on their jungle being OPTIMAL. n Your post is negative cause you sound like a selfish pr*ck who never has jungled before...


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Neokenfu

Senior Member

04-22-2011

Let me add also: It is NOT acceptable to ignore your jungler when they are trying to gank your lane. If they ping, you have half or more life, any mana what-so-ever, you NEED to help your jungler gank your lane. If you have half life or less, then the jungler is there to cover your lane instead of gank. There is nothing worse than when a jungler is trying to gank the top solo lane at level 4(very pivotal time),with possibly both buffs, and you don't help gank. Leaving a jungler to 1 v 2 gank your top lane will just feed them. They will become really rough with the buff and you'll likely lose the tower over time.

Your jungler needs you, especially on those really tough 2 v 2 ganks. If it's not there though head things off by saying on chat thanks for the cover I have no life. That'll ensure there are less bad situations.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Lizto

Senior Member

04-22-2011

Also, if the jungler tells you to stop pushing, do so, hes probably going to gank. Im sick of teams where I tell them to stop pushing so that I can gank but they dont Im unable to gank, then the next thing I know theyre blaming me cause its been 15 minutes and Im still 0-0-0.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Neokenfu

Senior Member

04-22-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lizto View Post
Also, if the jungler tells you to stop pushing, do so, hes probably going to gank. Im sick of teams where I tell them to stop pushing so that I can gank but they dont Im unable to gank, then the next thing I know theyre blaming me cause its been 15 minutes and Im still 0-0-0.
Thanks for reminding me: *Yoda voice* A pushed lane, gank does NOT!

If all lanes are pushed your jungler ain't killing but two things: Jack and sh*t...and jack left town(I miss you Bruce Campbell).

Pro tip: Pushing your lanes when you have a jungle instead of just last hitting is extra stupid. The only person autoattacking should be on top of their tower. Even then pushing your lane out when you have it right at your tower is a huge mistake and may cost you your game.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Kalshazzak

Senior Member

04-22-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neokenfu View Post
YOUR jungler needs YOUR help early on to be OPTIMAL(see that vocab word for you again Kalshazzak). If YOU help your jungler by scouting/leashing it'll ensure that YOUR jungler can gank YOUR lane. Get the THEME here?

It's YOUR team so YOU have an investment on their jungle being OPTIMAL. n Your post is negative cause you sound like a selfish pr*ck who never has jungled before...
Thank you for the useless and OT personal attack. Looks like someone can't accept the fact that fault lies in the jungler when people don't know to or how to help the jungler.

If you run into the jackasses who don't want to help, threaten them in the nicest way possible that you will not help them if they don't help you.

As for me, I jungle and help junglers if possible. However that doesn't mean I expect everyone I play with to know what to do when I jungle. Communication is a valuable skill set, that coincidentally is the solution to the OP's problems.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Neokenfu

Senior Member

04-22-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kalshazzak View Post
Thank you for the useless and OT personal attack. Looks like someone can't accept the fact that fault lies in the jungler when people don't know to or how to help the jungler.
Read the second sentence to yourself again please. How is it other people's fault when someone doesn't know how to help the jungler? If you don't let me help:

Leash if your mid, when a jungler ping targets someone while sitting in the bush, they want to gank them. HELP THE GANK because it serves the team(and you very much in farming against no one for a bit to gain level advantage).

I apologize that I couldn't be nicer about communicating this. Just thinking of how many times I've been hung out to dry on ganks in the service of solo lanes makes me rage a little.

Quote:
If you run into the jackasses who don't want to help, threaten them in the nicest way possible that you will not help them if they don't help you.
I don't like doing this(sometimes I have to resort to this) and I find for me there are few possible nice ways to do it.

Quote:
As for me, I jungle and help junglers if possible. However that doesn't mean I expect everyone I play with to know what to do when I jungle. Communication is a valuable skill set, that coincidentally is the solution to the OP's problems.
I disagree, there needs to be more of a group understanding of the function of junglers. I know how to help junglers gank and I know how to jungle. There is really so little you can effectively communicate via text efficiently in a game that demands so much mouse/keyboard attention.

I usually go about it by saying on chat "Ok, mid/bot/top lane, I'm going to get red and then gank your lane." After that, I ping target the person while sitting in the bush. I wait a few seconds and then pounce. I do this all the time and yet there are still a bunch of people who in spite of this will not help gank their own lane. THIS IS F*CKING STUPID!!

Any way you justify it to yourself, people not being able to help the jungler gank THEIR LANE, is poor play on their part. Blaming the jungler is a huge cop out.

It takes two to gank tango!


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Kalshazzak

Senior Member

04-22-2011

That second sentence is related to the OP's 3 examples of helping the jungler. As for ganking, I agree that the jungler(or ganker) isn't responsible for everything that goes on during a gank. Ganking is more of a necessary basic strategy rather than a jungling strategy imo, and people should know how ganks work because anyone can gank and better knowledge of how ganks happen helps you prevent them.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Neokenfu

Senior Member

04-23-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kalshazzak View Post
That second sentence is related to the OP's 3 examples of helping the jungler. As for ganking, I agree that the jungler(or ganker) isn't responsible for everything that goes on during a gank. Ganking is more of a necessary basic strategy rather than a jungling strategy imo, and people should know how ganks work because anyone can gank and better knowledge of how ganks happen helps you prevent them.
Ganking is integral to jungle strategy more specifically than others though. It's how you make sure your solo lanes have an advantage against their counterparts(the point of jungling at all in the first place). The jungler is also reliant more than a duo laner would be on completing the gank with a kill for farm purposes.

Bottom line, what will screw junglers over, nearly as much as splitting blue, is you doing nothing during a hard gank and getting them killed through your inaction.


123