Backstabbing your own jungler is bad.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

LCS Dyrus

04-22-2011

This routine is getting really annoying, so I figured I'd put out a word about it here. It's not about how to work with your jungler. It's about how to not completely ruin the game for them and render them useless.

First up is how to do a lead. Leading refers to helping a jungler take down the lizard elder or ancient golem at the beginning of the game by hitting the creature once or twice and then running off. This gives the jungler several free hits in. However, I've noticed a few issues lately.

1# People who stick around until whatever was supposed to be led dies. Fun fact: a level one jungler who starts at the blue golem and gets all the experience from that will hit level two immediately. People who stick around ruin that. Also, don't go killing the jungler's minions. If you deny them that precious experience and they're useless late game, it's your fault.

2# If a jungler asks for a lead, give your jungler the help you've been asked to give. it's not hard. Just do that and go on with your life. If you don't know what a lead is, then see above. This is so simple and easy that it's downright stupid to not help your jungler. You want to win, right? It takes all of 2 seconds of your time, and it helps your jungler a ton.

3# Sometimes people try to gank your jungler at the very beginning of the game. I know it happens every time I play Udyr. You can help keep watch for such a gank if you also wait around to give a lead. Also, for the love of all that is sacred and good, don't lead if your jungler is unavailable/fleeing. Point being, keep your eyes peeled for trouble. You might just get an easy first blood.

Your jungler can turn a match, if they get the chance. Junglers can rescue a faltering lane, give someone on the team extra experience and gold, and allow for otherwise impossible murders. However, if a jungler can't jungle, then you might as well be playing a 4v5 match. Please people, quit being stupid and quit backstabbing your junglers.

Sincerely,
A frequent jungler

Pyrinoc

04-22-2011

I played with a Malphite once that took wolves and wraiths at the beginning of the game when I was jungling WW and when I asked him why he said "becuz tanks need money"

Morsigil

04-22-2011

It's called leashing, not leading.

Overall valid advice, but the tone is a little righteous and I don't think the people who need to read this are going to. Good luck in your jungling!

Magnus BigBang

04-22-2011

glad im not the only one consistently getting ganked while trying to jungle with udyr

jungle with amumu, ww, never get ganked
jungle with udyr get ganked every single game

i always expect it but why does everyone see udyr more gankable than the other two i play lol
some of the easiest firstbloods ever with udyr

ForeverLaxx

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-22-2011

Ugh, I had a whole post detailing this and that, but the forums are buggy and it lost my post, so I'm just going to say this one thing:

You're preaching to the choir here. Those who need to read this won't see it.

Larson McMurphy

04-22-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by ForeverLaxx View Post
Those who need to read this won't see it.
Repost with a misleading title. Something that will attract noobs. Like "ZOMG Invincible Yi build" or something along those lines.

Adamzp

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-22-2011

+1 on the first post,
also there is a #4
#4 people leash it 4 ya and keep smackin it, they get hit once and start runnin , the creep starts to fall back to position and starts regeneratin and u end up at the beginin with half your mana gone (doble tiger , 4 example) and no way of takin it down. its even worse then those duds that stay with you to kill it -.-

PardonMySwag

04-22-2011

Lead? It's called leashing.

LCS Dyrus

04-22-2011

What I typed in this reply down here doesn't belong. Please disregard D:

Sneaky Thing

04-22-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magnus BigBang View Post
glad im not the only one consistently getting ganked while trying to jungle with udyr

jungle with amumu, ww, never get ganked
jungle with udyr get ganked every single game

i always expect it but why does everyone see udyr more gankable than the other two i play lol
some of the easiest firstbloods ever with udyr
Because everyone knows Udyr starts at Golem buff.