Nasus Vs Range? Help?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

TSteel

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-22-2011

Looking for some tips to deal with ranged champions as Nasus.

Against melee champions I farm up my Q, using the lifesteal to keep me in lane and start harassing if necessary with my AoE fire to keep them back.

The instant I get pitted against a ranged I get harassed left right and centre, I can't pull of lasts hits without losing half my health and if they have a cc user we get pushed back to the tower and at the worst of times it will fall at 15 or sooner.

So what ought I do? Harassing them seems to be out of the question; running through 2 waves worth of minions to a frost arrowing Ashe? No thanks.

And if I so much as run out beyond my tower's range I'll most likely die to that death spinning Garen.

Utterly confused, how do you deal with 'em?
(Obviously it will be quite a situational thing as sometimes we get the kill and their tower
falls etc. so providing some examples would be great

Thanks in advance for your helpful tips (and for not trolling "teH nub")

JoeCool808

04-22-2011

You need a gank. When your opponent pushes the lane up and pokes you down bait. Popping your ult along with wither and Q inside spirit fire will hurt any squishy. Ghost/exhaust if you need so that you can stay close.
Until you get a gank all you can do is try to minimize harass and farm your Q when you can. Let them push to your tower so that they are in a vulnerable position for ganks. You could harass back with wither and a few Qs, however it does cost a lot of mana and you will likely be kited and take damage. Only do this if you know they will have to leave the lane after or it will force them to waste summoners.

Wise Squirrel

04-22-2011

Let them push you to your tower, only close into minions to Q (Buy an initial Doran's shield to be able to soak the initial damage before they push).

Call for a gank, if that isn't possible, keep only closing in for Q last hits

If you eventually run out of health I advise getting the teleport summoner spell, the winner here isn't the harasser, but the farmer (Unless you get killed).

Don't facecheck bushes, wait till your enemy reveals himself. (The garen thing you mentioned)

Do not overextend if they have a jungler or mia.

Doran's armor and regen should be enough to keep last hitting AND ONLY last hitting, if your not last hitting, you should be chilling behind your minions out of enemy attack range, but in minion xp range.

Kalshazzak

04-22-2011

Don't buy doran's shield on Nasus against ranged. You pretty much need Cloth+5pots to be able to lane effectively against good ranged laning champs.

Amaterasuomikami

04-22-2011

Boots + 3 pot is also a very good choice. Gives you gap closing power, to either harass [which you SHOULDNT be doing vs a ranged as Nasus] or more importantly the ability to move in quickly for last hits

UnholyCarcass

04-22-2011

well i say let the lane push, when i play nasus like 1v2 i let the minions push against my towers and it is easy to last hit and farm up my Q when the tower helps also you can clear the waves with spit fire. usually i dont try to harass a ranged unless i know i can pull it off without taking too much dmg. usually i harass by using my Q that way i get some health if they hit back so yeah.

ChiFutbol

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-22-2011

When they harass you that bad start buildin up spirit fire over q. Let them push to tower and get the creep kills. Q any creeps near tower. Then get that gank and nasus can pretty much rape with wither and q

poopymoop

04-22-2011

Build nasus rather beefy such as maybe any pretty good hp item such as FM and like hide in a bush and charge at them.

aRchiBole

04-22-2011

You really shouldn't be using spirit fire at all, also never dual lane nasus. Try just focusing on last hitting with siphon strike untill you can farm up a catalyst to solve your mana problems so you can actually wither and go in for some dmg when harrased. The thing is really nasus is just only good if you know he can handle the solo, hes a awsome last pick sometimes but you just cant que him up always as "your main" because your first pick. If you get teemo/vlad/kennen lane you just simply can't do that with nasus. Cloth armor 5 pots or boots 3 pots is also alot better than dorans sheild, the pots really keep you in lane more and that ms helps in alot of lanes.

austinpwnz

04-22-2011

I play a heck of a lot of Nasus. I find this doesn't come up too much if you're soloing top, but I agree with a lot of the advice you've received.

Level spirit fire, get really good at last hitting at your tower (Nasus is pretty great at it with ss). Wither makes for some great ganks. They shouldn't be able to push your tower down - at worst you'll have to mostly get CS with spirit fire instead of siphoning strike, which means you have to focus on farming ss more later.

It's doable. I really only have trouble with someone with super long range like Corki.