Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Amumu needs a buffing...I think not.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

xxGreat Saiyaman

03-01-2010

Hey i'm a big Amumu fan well... he is my third most played and i think i got a pretty solid record with him. 203/134/314 and wins and loses is not so great 18/17. People keep complaining that Amumu is bad but he really isnt. Amumu is a support tank I know it doesn't say it when u check his stats but he is. Amumu has a really nice ult which can demolish the whole team if they are packed close. The thing I usually do with Amumu is have Boots of swiftness and stack fire capes. One time I had 5 fire capes which demolished the other team. I was 14/4 that game. so people stop complaining about Amumu and use him right. Just becuz u suck with him doesn't mean he needs a buffing.

tr3mor

03-01-2010

I just started playing him, and for the first week or so I did not think he was very good. Now that I have learned to play him a little better, I think he is loads of fun. He will never go 20/1/4, but on a good day (like today) you might see 9/2/10.

StretchyStretch

03-01-2010

Amumu is my second most played champ. Unfortunately i recently went negative in my w/l ratio, but i was positive for a long time. I start with Dorans shield usually, then boots one, then one sunfire, then boots of swiftness, then all sunfires. Its great, the most ive had is 4 before winning.

I feel that his ulti could use more damage/lower cooldown, and tantrums damage could use a buff.

Weyen

03-02-2010

Quote:
BobianMcKnight:
Amumu is a support tank I know it doesn't say it when u check his stats but he is.

What's the difference between a "support tank" and a regular tank? As far as I can tell, they both do the same thing (initiate, cc) in basically the same way, it's just that Amumu doesn't do it as well as the others. It's fine if Amumu's not the best tank, but he has to be good at something, or he is underpowered. As it stands, he isn't a very good tank, he doesn't have very good CC (except once every three minutes), lacks DPS, and doesn't have any support (healing, shielding, etc.) skills. You can call him a magical dolphin rainbow tank, if you want, but if he can't do anything well he's still going to be underpowered.

It's great that you had a good game with him, but doesn't really prove anything. Did the other team really suck? Were you fed? Were you stealing a lot of kills from your teammates? Were you repeatedly killing one enemy suicider over and over again? The score doesn't tell me how you got your kills, just that one day it happened, which is not a big deal. I went 20/6 with Soraka once, doesn't mean I think she's a murder machine who needs a nerf before she kills us all.

Running around with five Sunfire Capes can melt people, yes, but that doesn't say anything about Amumu. Literally any champ in the game can do it. Amumu has a lot of AoE, but so do a lot of others. You never see Karthus or Nasus or Fiddlesticks stacking five capes, but that's not because capes somehow deal half damage when they use them, it's because they have better abilities to enhance with AP, while Amumu doesn't. And it takes something like 15,000 gold to buy five Sunfire Capes, which means that in the rare game that goes on for that long, you're going to be using them against level 18 heroes with around 3k hp, meaning you have to stand next to them for a quarter of a minute to kill them (and obviously your other damage will be a joke since you have no room for AP or damage items or anything to regen mana or give you any magic resist etc.).

Now, don't get me wrong, I'm not saying that Amumu is the bottom of the barrel, I have a lot of fun with him and there are a lot of champs who are worse off. But I do think he could use a bit of a buff to make him more viable for the solo queue players.

Rickert

03-02-2010

Quote:
tr3mor:
I just started playing him, and for the first week or so I did not think he was very good. Now that I have learned to play him a little better, I think he is loads of fun. He will never go 20/1/4, but on a good day (like today) you might see 9/2/10.

I don't think so. The best champion kills i made was 29 (that match was a lose however), and second is 20 kills.

At early game, if you get a sunfire cape early, squishy targets like ashe, sivir are easy for you to make money, also you can jungle and farm fast as well. My top priority when I play amumu is getting sunfire cape as soon as posible after initial item (Doran's shield), not even going to get boots first.

Full defense mastery, health runes, mana regen runes. There you go. It's fun when you can even damage people just by standing.

Hippo Man

03-02-2010

Nobody gives the poor little guy the chalice? that thing wrecks with despair

Chillspawn

03-02-2010

Quote:
Rickert:
I don't think so. The best champion kills i made was 29 (that match was a lose however), and second is 20 kills.

At early game, if you get a sunfire cape early, squishy targets like ashe, sivir are easy for you to make money, also you can jungle and farm fast as well. My top priority when I play amumu is getting sunfire cape as soon as posible after initial item (Doran's shield), not even going to get boots first.

Full defense mastery, health runes, mana regen runes. There you go. It's fun when you can even damage people just by standing.

It took you 59 minutes to get 20 kills.

Everyone on their team is physical damage, except for Heimer. Heimer has no sustained DPS thus even if he's magic damage hes not worth buying magic resist for. Stacking hp/armor is then very good and you had a massive advantage over the enemy team. Lets see you do that versus a team that has more casters.

Danulas

03-02-2010

Shhhh! We want Riot to think he's underpowered and give him a little buff!

lerio

Recruiter

03-02-2010

Ammumu was the first tank i started playing i liked him, I still think he is decent, but i have switched over to other tanks, and they are much better IMO. I still like amumu and he isnt a worthless champ, once he gets all his gear and is stacked up there almost isnt any champ that can go up agianst him. The problem is amumu is very bad early game, and has problems getting all the gear he needs to be good, plus the other problem being that he is a tank with the defense of a average champ.

This is part of the reason i stoped playing ammum I went and looked at all the defense stats of all the champs at lvl 18 w/out gear. This list is a little out of date BTW

But Alistar was the best with 3,875 effective HP, Udyr 2nd, Warwick 3rd, Nunu 4th, Sion 5th, Tyrndamere 6th, Kayle 7th, Bltitz 8th, Mundo 9th, Nasus 10th, Jax 11th, Master Yi 12th, Singed 13th, Taric 14th, Nidalee 15th, Rammus 16th, Gangplank 17th, Shaco 18th, Morgona 19th, Poppy 20th, Cho Gath 21st (w/ 0 feasts), Kassadin/Malphite tied 22nd, Katarina/Evelynn tied 24th, Amumu 26th with 2,855 effective health.

For comparision Anivia has the worst effective health at 2,375 effective health which amumu is allot closer to than Alistars.

I think to put amumu on par with the other tanks he should get a little HP boost, and maybe a little extra magic resist.

I normally play with Malphite as my main tank now and I notice a big difference in surviability, even though he is still pretty low on the list, but his passive sheild makes up for it. His base HP is only marginally better, but his base armor is almost 10 higher.

The other thing i would do im not sure been a while since i played ammumu but make despir slow if you have a ryles crystal scepter with Amumu, that would be very nice.

Alaric11

03-03-2010

Quote:
BobianMcKnight:
Hey i'm a big Amumu fan well... he is my third most played and i think i got a pretty solid record with him. 203/134/314 and wins and loses is not so great 18/17. People keep complaining that Amumu is bad but he really isnt. Amumu is a support tank I know it doesn't say it when u check his stats but he is. Amumu has a really nice ult which can demolish the whole team if they are packed close. The thing I usually do with Amumu is have Boots of swiftness and stack fire capes. One time I had 5 fire capes which demolished the other team. I was 14/4 that game. so people stop complaining about Amumu and use him right. Just becuz u suck with him doesn't mean he needs a buffing.

obvious troll is obvious.