Idea for the minimap

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Dragongem

08-25-2009

You know how you can see your projected path when you click a location?

I'd love it if there was a toggle to see where your friends were going, too. Often times you can figure it out, but it'd be nice to see where they're currently going.

Lima Beans

Core Engineer

08-25-2009
1 of 1 Riot Posts

Very cool idea! I like it.

Unfortunately, currently we dont send your allies full paths over the network, in order to save bandwidth and make your experience smoother, so the information isnt available to draw this path =(

Seption

08-25-2009

But, in theory, couldn't you just send the allies destination, and not the whole path? It would then be possible to have your computer calculate the path your ally is going to take, since both your computer and your ally computer would use the same method to calculate the path.

mermin

08-25-2009

I support this idea as long as it doesn't drastically effect latency. Some other good changes that i'd like to see are more distinct hero icons in the minimap as well as something different to indicate the creeps because currently, it just looks like a circle made in ms paint

edit - and more visible pings

Baccata

08-26-2009

real good idea indeed.

the fact is that the server should get the calculated path of a player and transmit it to others --> latency gets bigger.

Grazl

08-26-2009

Quote:
the fact is that the server should get the calculated path of a player and transmit it to others --> latency gets bigger.
Maybe not, if like he said, they only send the destination and our computer calculate the path, I think it can be ok just to send 4 destination points, no?