Tiamat Tiger Udyr

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

kn3ll

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-01-2010

Hey guys. Been browsing Guides and Strategy forums for a while and was thinking about writing about a gimmick build I tried on Udyr, then moved up to a few normal games with, so here goes...

Runes- Attack Speed. Crit chance is nice.

Masteries- 21/0/9, with as much attack speed as possible

Skills-
Turtle
Tiger
Tiger
Bear
Tiger
Phoenix
Tiger
Tiger Max
Phoenix Max
Bear Max
Turtle up to 3

Items- Start with Vampiric Scepter, then get berseker's greaves. Upgrade Vampiric Scepter to Malady, then get two tiamats. What you get from there is up to you. I often get a Last Whisper and a Tiamat or just two more tiamats.

Basically what you'll be doing is taking advantage of Tiamat's cleave while in Tiger stance. The cleave affects all three hits, since it's not an on-hit effect.

Quote:
FIXED: Azelf did more testing than me. It only counts the first hit, but it counts the total damage rather than the divided hits.
Switch between Tiger and Phoenix during fights, taking out things you aren't attacking with extreme speed. Use bear to chase and initiate and turtle to run and start your game out right. With four tiamats, you'll be hitting your target for roughly 70x3 and cleaving for 175. Switch to Phoenix and boom boom boom!!! They'll drop like flies.

Need suggestions, all constructive criticism is welcome!!

Mr Tibbers

03-01-2010

Kind of reminds me of Tiamat Twitch. I'm not sure if it's viable, however. Once I managed to IP Farm me an Udyr (I keep getting distracted and purchasing other champs...curse the sexy purple abs of Mundo!), I'll try it out and report back with a more clear idea of what I think.

MrMayus

03-01-2010

What are your in game results with this build?

FeLpZ

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-01-2010

timat twitch? that is ******ed, seeing as how his ultimate opener is quasi-aoe anyway

Mr Tibbers

03-01-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by FeLpZ View Post
timat twitch? that is ******ed, seeing as how his ultimate opener is quasi-aoe anyway
The idea was that his ultimate's cleave stacked with his Tiamt's cleave, thereby increasing his damage by about 200% or more to every target NOT being targeted. Understand?

Azelf

03-01-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by kn3ll View Post
The cleave affects all three hits, since it's not an on-hit effect.
Just tested. And that's wrong. Tiamat only proc first hit out of that 3 hits. Good news is splash damage is calculated based on real damage (e.g. sum of that 3 hits). Farm quite well, although can not compare to phoenix in farming.(Tiamat is too long to get, and only damage a single row).

A nice spin off build, but not really practical comparing to others IMO ( tiger 3 to bd, all max).

draftomatic

03-02-2010

Sounds pretty gimmicky. I'd like to see how this holds up in real matches.

BTW Tiamat on Twitch is an absolute must. The splash builds on his ultimate, making Twitch rape face in team battles. Most pro and high-level Twitch players I've seen agree that Tiamat is great on Twitch.

Udyr is another story.....

My Udyr guide:
https://www.leagueoflegends.com/boar...ad.php?t=67793

kn3ll

03-03-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azelf View Post
Just tested. And that's wrong. Tiamat only proc first hit out of that 3 hits. Good news is splash damage is calculated based on real damage (e.g. sum of that 3 hits). Farm quite well, although can not compare to phoenix in farming.(Tiamat is too long to get, and only damage a single row).

A nice spin off build, but not really practical comparing to others IMO ( tiger 3 to bd, all max).
This is a Tiger+Phoenix build, so you can use Phoenix to farm if you'd rather. I appreciate the info on the Tiamat cleave, it makes sense. The build doesn't really change much because of this, and you can definitley get more DPS than a Phoenix+Turtle Udyr, with just as much survivability if you can change stances effectively. As you said, it is rather impractical to get the Tiamats. Perhaps starting off with Rejuvination Bead and Faerie Charm, and building Malady after the first Tiamat?

I'm pretty confident in this build, but it works better in team fights or against teams that stick close together. Maybe something to do against mostly melee teams or teams with multiple tanks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrMayus View Post
What are your in game results with this build?
Best was something like 18/5/7, most deaths towards the end getting careless and cocky. I'm not a particularly great player in my own opinion, so if you want to try you'll probably get better results than me.

By the way, this was created out of boredom and a friend mentioning that attack speed has a relatively low cap, especially with attack speed runes, so I tried other things out on Udyr and this one seems to work the best. Really would appreciate others trying this build and posting their results!! Cheers.

Phantom Wind

03-03-2010

so does it mean that if udyr crits he crits using the full damage also?
I'm also wondering if the same goes for the life steal.

kn3ll

03-03-2010

I did some more practicing with this. I started out with a Rejuvenation Bead and a Faerie Charm and was able to get the first Tiamat faster, then I built Berserker's Greaves, then Malady, another Tiamat, and a Guinsoo's Rageblade. I made changes to the Masteries to get 21/9/0 with nimbleness since I was changing stances more often. I also used Exhaust and Rally, and went 5 Tiger, 4 Turtle, 4 Bear, 5 Phoenix for more survivability. This worked perfectly well, seeing as Bear is really only useful every 6 seconds when you can apply the stun.

I could take down a decent Gragas and a Cho'Gath working as a team on my own (1v2).

With Guinsoo's, you can open up with Bear, switch to Tiger until you get 8 stacks, Phoenix until you can Turtle, by that time you should Bear again to stun, then repeat. You keep stances up and have should no mana problems with the mana regen Tiamat gives.

The combined item cost is hefty, but as long as you make ganks, last hit with Tiger and Phoenix, jungle, dragon, and generally play well, this works better than Phoenix-Turtle. I'd only recommend it to people who play Udyr very well, I don't think it's beginner friendly at all.