Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Interesting Tanky TEam strategy

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

ForeverLaxx

04-22-2011

The problem is that even though your team was a premade team itself, I have a suspicion that you were still too focused on 5v5 teamfights like most players are. Too many times I've been in games where we could have easily won if my team understood the concept of split pushing and avoiding full-scale 5v5 fights against a team that is designed to survive/win that very kind of fight. Their team was setup to hold off whatever single tower you were trying to push while letting Nasus farm. You keep Nasus from farming while you push two lanes and their ability to stop you drops to near 0.

Basically, it sounds like you lost because you played their game instead of your own.

overdriver18

04-22-2011

The problem might have been that you were playing Gangplank.

But seriously, you could nullify this team quite easily by just not letting the nasus farm and getting good armor and health items.

Neokenfu

04-22-2011

If they are all AD then stack armor and GG. That should have made things easier, not harder, for you to win. As the previous poster mentioned, you should have thoroughly dominated them early game due to their poor pushing.

Also, you should be BUILDING TO COUNTER(phrase of the day in the playhouse)! Meaning, build armor/hp mitigating damage items like last whisper, executioners calling, madred's bloodrazor, starks, ghostblade, and black cleaver.

If you go up against this team 1 exhaust and minimum 4 ignites should be chosen. Again, BUILD YOUR GUY TO COUNTER!! Imagine the fights happening again with 4 ignites and an exhaust for their "carry."

Attico

04-23-2011

Quote:
Morsigil:
How did these people farm, exactly? You've got a bunch of low damage melee. With a single ranged in any of these lanes (except the one with kassadin, and even then he's food before level 6 if he does anything but spam his silence orb) you should've been able to zone these guys.

Let me guess, your team was all squishy melee carries who didn't farm well?

Lol, every one on that team can farm easily, and all from range except for Malph (who still could with some good regen). You cannot zone Mundo with a ranged carry, or Malph, certainly not Nunu. Only Nasus, and they had a strat for that. these are not melee champs early game...they are ranged harassers before level 6...then become melee after. It's why I love Mundo and Nunu

Shinslammer

04-24-2011

you run singed. or teemo. or mord. or twisted fate against them. Use that character to run from lane to lane and apply pressure and push. Run if they try to fight. People like lux help to keep them from forcing full fights. Disengage and play the poke game when they try to siege you. They're all tanky melee, so they can never get at your tower as long as you can burn creep waves before they show up with them.

In other words, don't play 5v5, play their 5 v your 4+1.

Mobility is just as good as beef, just not in straight 5v5 brawls. Take a lesson from the EU meta.