Hybrid Champions

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Xagonix

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-23-2010

Sorry for adding to any previously made threads. Search is disabled.

What are some champions that have increased benefits with a hybrid (AP/AD, AP/AS, etc.) item build?
Justification would be great.

These are some champs that, in my opinion, work well with a hybrid build:
(do any of these champions work better with other builds in your opinion?)

Ezreal
Katarina
Teemo
Twisted Fate
Nunu

Thanks in advance!

Zi0nized

08-23-2010

Kayle
Nidalee

Xagonix

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-23-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by ricklessabandon View Post
i don't really consider ap/as to be hybrid.
I agree. I was just putting it up there. Hah.

I find Teemo works well as a hybrid because of helping his dmg output through poison/mushrooms and still being able to do some auto attack damage here and there.

Aroo Konas

Recruiter

04-23-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by ricklessabandon View Post
i had a question mark there because i haven't found a hybrid build for him that i found to be effective. a lot of champions can make hybrid work and keep their damage up the entire game, but with teemo i either have a weaker early game or weaker late game. i'm not saying it's not possible...but his lack of being able to trigger sheen/lich bane procs hurts his hybrid potential i think.

it's almost like he has to double snowball and ignore survivability for it to work, but that is a terrible, terrible idea. terrible. there's probably a viable way, but i haven't put in the time to find a build that consistently works with him.
AD Masteries: 21 - 0 - 9
Dorans Ring/Shield
Swiftness/Mercury/Ionian
Malady
Phage
Madred's Bloodrazor
Frozen Mallet
Gunblade
<another item>

Use it all the time on teemo and it just rapes.

Kalshazzak

04-24-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xagonix View Post
Sorry for adding to any previously made threads. Search is disabled.

What are some champions that have increased benefits with a hybrid (AP/AD, AP/AS, etc.) item build?
Justification would be great.

These are some champs that, in my opinion, work well with a hybrid build:
(do any of these champions work better with other builds in your opinion?)

Ezreal
Katarina
Teemo
Twisted Fate
Nunu

Thanks in advance!
Eh imo any champ built hybrid can be better by just building one way or another. Most of the time an AP build w/ Lich Bane in it will out due any AD+AP built because you only have to rely on one stat. Also hybrid builds, to be useful damage-wise imo, are mostly glass cannony. Builds with Hybridized damage are much better.(AP w/ Lich, AS/on-hit)

For the champs you listed,

Ez-Terrible hybrid because of how the ult works now, AD is best.

Kat-If you call an AP build with 1-2 gunblades in there a hybrid build, then I guess she is the closest champ to a viable hybrid. AP centric is best though.

Teemo- AS/on-hit is the best imo. If you focus too much on AP an oracles is going to ruin your plans.

Nunu-Tanky with spell vamp, make your enemies cry trying to kill you.

My biggest complaint with Hybrid builds though (and many will probably think this stupid) is that you neuter your damage output against towers. Nothing better than your carry taking 2x as long as the other teams to kill towers because they have a single stat build and yours is a hybrid.

Sarvanaasha

04-24-2011

Hybrid builds are viable because, even tho they dont scale as well as pure AD or AP builds, they give u more stats for what u pay. Gunblade + Guinsoos + Trinity is deadly on many champs. Ez can be hybrid if he wishes, because, in all honesty, how much do ezreals really rely on their ult? Maybe AP. As AD ezreal, u would average about 260 extra AD. 260 extra damage on ur ult. As AP, u would prolly average at abour 450 extra damage on ur ult. And maybe 160 as a hybrid. Ur only losing 100 damage on ur ult as a hybrid Ez. not that big of a deal. Regardless, i would not go Hybrid Ez because i prefer to just focus Q, use W for turrets, and use E to GTFO.

Lizto

04-24-2011

Ive built Cho as a hybrid, its pretty cool.