Guide, Mordekaiser the MetalThief!

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Lordpilot

03-01-2010

Revision History
1.2v, After alot of wind against me, alot of summoners are not straight with me about my ability setup and even item setup. Well i added a video how it is going very well! Hope you like it, Movie Maker makes the video VERY clumsy. After recording the file weighted 16 GB, but after Moviemakers lil touch it decreased to 86 MB OMG! Bad graphics at the video... sorry! Any suggestions for a better program that won't decrease the graphic so much without making it fill more than 1500 MB?!

Welcome
Hello fellow Summoners. Today i will introduce you to the best "nuker/Ks'er/dps tank" in the whole game "MY OPINION". I know i make him sound overwhelming, but he is. You proberly never heard of this build for this guy before, but you just have to know this guy doesn't need "MUCH" Attack Power or AP. He needs just a little of all of it. If he starts to sound boring then just skip to the Item build, Stradedgy, Ability setup and such, but to master this piece of metal you gotta know him as he was you. With this char your defence and ability to tank is your offence. My built sux at doing solo mid so don't try it as the first time using my guide.

VIDEO!!!!!
- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LNJTgfPpmPo Now here you got a video, while im doing the job how to play the game with mordekaiser. I will explain more in text to come! I only got few tips in this video, but i hope you got the some faith in my guide!

Abilities

Mace of Spades,
On next hit, Mordekaiser swings his mace with such force that it echoes out, striking up to additional 3 nearby targets dealing damage plus bonus damage. If the target is alone, the bonus damage is doubled.
Mace of Spades, is your second most important weapon. It is a powerful AoE damage. This skill wil be a great help builting up shield. And it hits for a million Late Game.

Creeping Death
Unleashes a protective cloud of metal shards to surround an ally, increansing their armor and magic resistance and dealing damage per second to enemies in the cloud.
Creeping Death, most important skill EVAR, it put up your shield in like 3 seconds when you have like 6 minions around you, now you can take 2 hits from a turret, wich is AWESOME in early game. You don't belive me this skill can end up doing so much damage that your shield would be nearly impossible to break.

Siphon of Destruction
Mordekaiser deals damage in a cone in front of him. For each unit hit, Mordekaiser's shield absorbs energy.
Siphon of Destruction, this is an awesome attack, but it is nothing you want to start out with. It will come in handy in some situations, but you can't spare the power from the other two abilities in the start. It is insane in the end game cus of my item setup. Well this ability takes too much of your hp for nothing.

Children of the Grave
Mordekaiser curses and enemy, stealing a percent of their life each second, if the target dies while the spell is active, their soul is enslaved and will follow morde kaiser for 30 seconds.
Children of the grave, You don't belive me when i say this is the most op ability in the game. This little ***** will do some seriously damage. It have a so insane range that it is evil to your team mates. When you team fighters are dping their best offering themselves under the rage of the turrets, you just comes by and put a lil curse on your enemy and see them run and... collapse. And you will see the rage in your friends eyes after a whole bunch of Teemo poison, twitch poison, and 4 times ignite from the mages... And you got another kill, well and on the other good part you got a new friend of yours, if the curse was on when you killed your enemy. Now comes one of the reasons why you need a mix of AP and attack power. When you pet is made he will get a percent of your damage and health. And that percent will get higher the more AP you got. But what does that help when you ability power only is at 100. When you build your strength up with Bloodthirster and Infinite Blade. Your power will be awful for your opposite team. When you have your second soul with you, you have an ekstra team mate now 6v5 but for 30 secs. Use this opportunity to use the ekstra soul as tank for the turret. And if any low hp enemy champ is running away and is behind from the turret, prees alt and send your soul to kill that champ. You don't have to worry cus you won't really lose anything. Well enough from this ability. I will fix sum spell fails and such later tomorrow or maybe not tomorrow.

Summoner Abilities

Exhaust, for this it is very important in early gameplay. You will need it when you are bush suprising. This spell is the best if you are a premade and can talk to each other over Vent, skype, teamspeak w/e.
How to use in early game: Buy VERY FAST and make your partner do the same, now go top/bot in to their site bushes. Stand at the very edge at their site, closest to their turret. "Now it is great with Teemo" this part is awesome cus he got pretty awesome attack in the start of the game, and a poison. Now stay at edge and wait for the enemy champ to appear. Whoever of you or your friend who uses exhaust first "It is great if you both got exhaust, it makes it more simple" Well lets say you got the short straw and have to use your exhaust as the first, then wait for a champ to appear at the start. Now wait for the enemy to just set a single step into the grass, and cast exhaust. Now cast Creeping Death and make him pay the price for stepping into your bush. If you are great together you or your partner will get first blood. Well now we got another 300-400 gold. Use this technique often to controll your lane well.

Rally Flag, This is important for a healing, it gives sum kewl AP (When you got offence spec) and Attack power. It can come in handy when you stand in bush and you enemy thinks you are low hp, but you have healed from 10% to 60% of health and they just come into bushes and you suprise with Mace of Spades and Creeping Death, their health should be from 100% to 40% in like 7 seconds if you are level 1-5.

Item Build

1. Amplifying Tome
2. Mejai's Soulstealer
3. Berserker's Greaves
4. Sheen
5. Zeal
6. Phage
7. Trinity Force
8. Bloodthirster
9. Frozen Mallet
10. Infinity Blade
11. Zhonya's Ring

Reason:
Well Mejai's soulstealer in the early game because you gotta get a good startup. You will get very op when you got just about 8+ stacks. You will need the ability power for sure. You can need some speed in your attacks from the startup, so get your Berserker's Greaves. Now sheen for the powerfull attack after activating Mace of Spades. This gives ULTIMATE attack in the early game. Well you can say it is pretty similar to Devestating Blow from Poppy. Well combining this with Creeping Death you will be awesome. Well follow to Trinity Force, it is an awesome weapon in the mid game to have. Get Bloodthirster for a little lifesteal and damage, it comes in handy because of your abilities takes alot of your health, so it helps you keep your health up AND your shield. Frozen Mallet now for a slow ability, lil health and a tiny amount of damage. Now for Infinity for some serious damage and crit, no complaining. Zhonya's Ring for another 100 AP with your 180 ability power from Mejai's gives you a incredible 280 AP plus 25%=350. I will give you the formula for the abilities in a later update.

Ability Built
1. Creeping Death
2. Mace of Spades
3. Creeping Death
4. Mace of Spades
5. Creeping Death
6. Children of the Grave
7. Creeping Death
8. Mace of spades
9. Mace of Spades
10. Creeping Death
11. Children of the Grave
12. Mace of Spades
13. Siphon of Destruction
14. Siphon of Destruction
15. Siphon of Destruction
16. Children of the Grave
17. Siphon of Destruction
18. Siphon of Destruction

How to play
I will prolly add this tomorrow i think i will go to bed now^^! It is 1:00 AM and i have to go to school tomorrow. I will add just a little more.

The Roman Empire

03-01-2010

Guide: How NOT to play Mordekaiser!

God I don't even know where to start with this... As someone with 50+ games played with Mord so far this is the most assbackwards guide I've seen to date.

Creeping Death is Mord's WORST skill. It gives low Armor/MR even at max rank and does pitiful damage even in an AP build. It barely charges your shield at all and should be taken last in every single build besides tank (bad).

CoTG is extremely good, but for the spirit and ONLY for the spirit. The damage is does is pathetic and shouldn't be counted for damage on besides to kill anyone <10% health. The whole purpose of this ability is killing runners/gank on low health victims and for spawning a carry spirit during a team fight.

Ignite is a must summoner spell on Mord. You need the extra damage and reduced HP regen to actually kill anyone with your ult. Exhaust is a good choice, considering Mord has no slows. Ghost or flash are also good choices, allowing you to chase runners or flash in for an Ult+Ignite combo.

Your items are terrible. AP Mord is bad because his ratios are godawful. The only AP item worth getting on him EVER is Ryali's, and even that is only for the slow. You have some dysfunctional mix of damage and AP. You have two slowing items and some worthless AP items with mana on them. Mord is meant to be built for damage with one or two tanking items. You have no CC, if you can't do damage you are absolutely no threat to their team and they will just ignore you no matter how much damage you can take. Here's the build I've been running.

1. Regrowth Pendant
2. Mercury Treads/Ninja Tabi
3. Phage --> Frozen Mallet
4. B.F. Sword -->Bloodthirster
5. Warmog's/Force of Nature (Depending on enemy team composition)
6. 2nd Bloodthirster
7. 2nd Warmog's/Guardian Angel (Games will never last this long anyways)

Not trying to hijack your guide man. It's just that I've seen A LOT of bad Mordekaiser's and they're really giving the champion a bad name. He is, at worst, slightly underpowered, only in need of a small slow on one of his abilities and an increase in his AP ratios to make him perfect.

Dalamitous

03-01-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xahz View Post
Guide: How NOT to play Mordekaiser!

Not trying to hijack your guide man. It's just that I've seen A LOT of bad Mordekaiser's and they're really giving the champion a bad name. He is, at worst, slightly underpowered, only in need of a small slow on one of his abilities and an increase in his AP ratios to make him perfect.
I agree completely. One slow and Mordekaiser will be the champion he needs to be: a pushing metal monster.

Leptiric

03-02-2010

so let me get this straight ..you guys wanna add slow on a dps/tank with lvl6 spell that already truns team battles .. + his constant invulnerability.. umm yeah good luck with that

Coldmetal

03-02-2010

I wouldn't put a slow on him, perhaps do a bit more damage, but other than that he's not entirely bad, however, I do agree that going AP on him is horrible since his coefficients on his abilities are absolutely horrible. Seems that a warmogs along with some damage items puts him in a nice spot for dishing out some serious damage.

The Roman Empire

03-02-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leptiric View Post
so let me get this straight ..you guys wanna add slow on a dps/tank with lvl6 spell that already truns team battles .. + his constant invulnerability.. umm yeah good luck with that
Bawwww sounds like someone got owned by Mord today! His ult is fairly mediocre as far as team fights go. It's good, don't get me wrong, but not nearly as strong as something like Crowstorm or Unstoppable Force. Constant invulnerability? Jesus Christ...

He doesn't need a slow the way some classes do. The problem is that playing as Mordekaiser against good players, you WILL NOT get a kill unless they make a mistake. You can't gank against competent teams with a class with no snares of stuns, and you won't get a lane kill unless they overextend and push too far with <40% health. He's a bit too restricted as to what he can and cannot do and he seems to fill a very specific niche in what teams he can function in. This doesn't mean he's a bad champion, just that he's very limited.

Lordpilot

03-03-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xahz View Post
He's a bit too restricted as to what he can and cannot do and he seems to fill a very specific niche in what teams he can function in. This doesn't mean he's a bad champion, just that he's very limited.
I will say, that is true. He is quite limited. But com'on this is just a guide for a build and a little strategy.

Well with lane partners, i will say i only got good succes with Teemo, I get good succes too with others. But he is great with Teemo. Well nearly any random team needs a tank pusher, unless it is well playing players. I do not say that Mordekaiser is the only guy for that, but he is definately a choice.

And year i make it sound op to say he is invinsible with CotG, but i am just trying to give the text a little spirit. But year he can easily be killed by someone, but he is quite the best 1v1 with full shield. Well i do not SAY HE IS THE BEST CHAR EVAR. But i he is in my eyes! No offence but give me a chance^^ First guide writtin EVAR of this game.
I only writteng guides for Monster Hunter Freedom Unite, but well that is a RPG for psp. Nvm This is LoL!

I need a lil more experience writing guide tho. But give the build a try, if ya want idc if you won't but please do not say that this is a dumb build cus it ain't. AP is awesome especially for SoD! And Creeping Death can do humongus damage with a lot of AP. It is over 100 Damage per second for all surrounding enemies. This ability is awesome in the start to build any shield.

Hope i made myself clear Mr. Xahz!

Obliterate

Master Recruiter

03-03-2010

xahz ur a f***in *******, there is no right or wrong way to play a character, go watch his video, he plays a good morde with the built, is his first guide ffs

good guide thou lord, i liked your play style, soulstealer is definity a great investment if you gcan get above 8 stacks

Khranz

03-04-2010

I feel like this type of Morde would dominate low ELO pick-up games, but get absolutely curb-stomped in higher ELO games or vs any decent Pre-made. Your W/L record serves to reaffirm this thought.

Also, replace Zhonya's ring with Void Staff or Abyssal Scepter. Thanks to low AP scaling, you'll probably get more damage in the end out of the extra MR penetration than from the gobs of AP the ring offers but your abilities put to poor use.

That said, this has me considering Mejai's on a hybrid Morde build. With Rylai's, a full Mejai's would probably bump the Pet bonus over 10% (from AP). Rylai's alone is I think 4% stat bonus. I'm also really looking forward to the next patch, so I can try the improved Leviathan on Morde.

TombMonkey

03-04-2010

Maybe "How to play Mordekaiser if your opponents don't have a clue of pretty much anything"