Why wont Riot assist people ??? 2 points

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Noname231

03-01-2010

1st point:

Ok, I know first of that using user created Champions can lead to a lot of issues. But I don't understand why RIOT will not post saying something like: " Nice champion like the art work, or the Champion could use some balancing in these areas, etc..."

It makes no sense to me. It's not like posting in someone's thread makes that champion selected to be in game.
Some comments from Riot would be appreciated as letting people know that they are at least helping Riot come up with Ideas to use in game. What's wrong with posting something like: " Thank you for you champion Idea, however for undisclosed reasons Riot could not add your Champion in game, however, you did assist us in creating so and so champion."

And if Riot really wanted to promote good relations with its public it could also throw in something along these lines: " You're email address was given 5 unique 1 time usage promotion codes to unlock this champion for free." And if Riot was uber cool: " This will also unlock a special skin for you and the other 4 people only. Thank you for you time and ideas."

If you ask me that's like having a free employee, that doesn't get any type of pay, except recognition that he has helped out his community and game.

2nd point.

Why does Riot not clean up the Champion feedback area. When clicking on Champion feedback there should then be the option of choosing what champion, including adding a Champion suggestion thread. This way there isn't 150,000,000 post about Ryze spamming the forums.

Please implement this. This would help people to be able to find there post and where to post correctly.

Detha

03-01-2010

I believe they can't use user-made champions due to legal issues. Either way, it's pretty safe to say they won't ever implement a user-made champion. I don't know why people keep on posting them, as they will never be implemented. Though they do skim over the champion suggestions threads for idea's they do like. Besides, Riot has more important things to do than to post in champion suggestion threads about how champions that will never be in-game can be balanced. They really should be spending as much time possible not doing pointless stuff and should get to nerfing Ryze, really.

This forum is made for Champion Feedback, feedback about existing champions, not suggesting new ones. I presume people that suggest champions carried it over from DotA, were people, for some reason, suggested loads of new Heroes that never got put into the game anyway. Whatever floats their boat, I guess, but those DotA heroes actually had forums dedicated to those suggestions, and there was a slim chance of it being added to the game. This forum is Champion Feedback, not Champion Suggestions.

This forum is fine the way it is, if they would divide it into 40+ sub-forums for every champion there would just be too many different sections. Besides - they'd have to organize the older posts too, or leave this general forum. In case they leave the general forum, nobody will use the specific forums and they will continue to use this forum. In case they have to organize everything, they won't because it will take too much time and effort without any real results. Just my 2 cents.

Noname231

03-01-2010

still no reply from riot.

Fennec

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

03-01-2010

Dream on :P
Its a pretty simple answer.
There's 100s of fan made Heroes threads and Riot isn't running out of ideas anytime soon why waste time commenting on heroes when they could be spending that time working on their own. And even if they comment you still get the pointless "why did you post here and not on mine".

Single to Noise to ratio is always a issue when Devs work with communitys.

I don't think Riot has any issue with Fans posting ideas i think they welcome it as the very good idea will rise to the top and then they can maybe take them any use them. I think theres even some feed back about how Heroes should be balanced from a dev around here too.

just my 2cents for you.

Jazzminkey

03-01-2010

They make comments on peoples work if it piques their interest. I just bug limabeans in IRC until he gives me a cookie

Fennec

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

03-01-2010

Can i haz Limabeans cookie?