Nunu 22 Champs can now break his Ultimate

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

LordJeffe

03-01-2010

Use Nunu's ult from the bushes. Stealth snowstorm!

I have killed so many people by letting myself get low on health, bating them into chasing me, then running into some high grass and stealth snowstorming them to pieces. By the time they reach the grass and recognize what's going on, BOOM.

22 champs can stop Nunu's ult. Only 7 (Ashe, Veigar, Shaco, Morgana, Annie, Blitzcrank, and Cho'gath) can stop it when he's safely hidden in the bushes, and that's only if they a) have good prediction/aim and b) are savvy enough to know what you're doing. Most people you meet in solo queue don't have either.

Also, what other people said. Nunu's ult is an initiating tool first and a killing tool second. Take Cleanse, buy a Banshee's Veil, and absorb all those CCs like nobody's business while your team kills off your distracted and overextended enemies.

Detha

03-01-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by yatenkun View Post
I never see Nunu doing good in team, its because the name of thread says everything,
No, it's probably because you are so new to this game that you have played 3 matches or so.
Quote:
With katarina its not so difficult because she starts channeling and you can still hit few daggers, but with nunu its like never doing damage.
If cancelled earlier it actually does damage as well, you know, just like Katarina does "partial damage" of her total when it's cancelled earlier? Yea, same thing, except Nunu's ultimate does 4x the damage Katarina's does, and it does it to more heroes, and it slows.

Quote:
the only way when i saw Nunu rocking was when i was in a team without any chance to disable his ulti, he went 12/3
So when a team has no chance to disable his ultimate, he is ridiculously OP and gets insane K/D scores, annihilating everyone on the enemy team? And this is why we should fix his ultimate to not be interruptable, so he can do this every game and be ridiculously OP? Seriously, you just gave a reason for why it should not be buffed.

Nunu's ultimate is fine. L2p.

Marid King

03-01-2010

I don't think ANY hero is meant to walk into a 5 man team and stand still for three seconds. Instead, I often see it as a formidable slow and last hit; near the end of a big team fight, nun pops ult, every hero is at low health, and then they are all slowed. Either they kill nunu and die to team, or nunu kills them all, or the slow allows allies to catch up and rape. Sounds better than suicide aye?

Yngve Zephyrous

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-01-2010

I personally like how Nunu's Yeti eats minions for health.

As for his ultimate, I agree, it's pretty easily dodged/countered, but it's best used a slow against enemies and to absorb attacks. Basically, it causes aggro, taking the enemy's attention away from his allies, which leaves the allies open to bash on the enemy.

Hydroniums

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-01-2010

Working as intended. Nunu's ult is supposed to be counterable. Nunu is supposed to be a low tier, easy to play champion that works best in low ELO. Nunu is not supposed to do well against people who understand disables are important in team comp and know how to use them when the fight starts. Sorry, either get used to being countered by good players or find a new champion.

FoxMindedGuy

03-01-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Detha View Post
Now, think about it this way. Nunu uses his ult, and he is spammed with stuns. All stuns in the opposing team are used on Nunu. Then Ryze pops in and starts spamming his spells, however, the opposing team doesn't have any stuns left to use on him, and he rapes the entire team.

Nunu's ultimate deals insane damage if fully channeled, this is why people will use all their CC or Flash out to try and stop it, which leaves them without flash or stuns/silences to use on the rest of their teammates. You might not be able to get big damage out on everyone, but you sure are useful by soaking all the stuns/silences. If you can get it off - all the better, the entire team is now on insanely low health. It's win/win, really, so your ultimate actually "always works", it just doesn't always work by dealing damage, but rather by soaking stuns.
Nunu with Morgana's shield on him = epic rape with ultimate... This is a team-game guys, Nunu is a support tank, not a spam all buttons and someone is dead type caster.

TheDrunkenMagi

03-01-2010

It's never your team that stuns Nunu. It's always the other team that stuns your team's Nunu. It's Murphy's Law man.

Flubbz

03-01-2010

He is a tank, don't expect to get tons of killshots vs good players. He lacks CC that other tanks have, but he makes up for that by forcing the enemy team to either blow their CC on him or kill him. Other tanks often just get ignored till last.

StretchyStretch

03-01-2010

Get a Banshees, most people do on him anyway.

Also you mentioned that 22 champs have stuns that stop his ult, are you counting Tristanas ult, cuz that can move him out of the way so his ult doesnt hit anyone. Also i guess Poppy can move him away from her allies, then ulti someone else and take no damage from nunu, ive done it before.

Lightningfst

03-01-2010

Get a banshee veil, then you won't cry so much.