Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Why is Corki considered even decent?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Sunstrike

03-01-2010

In a nutshell

1v1 corki dominates most because:
-enemies hit with phos bomb have 30% chance to miss
-Gatling gun essentially increases his DPS by 25% and each tick shreds off 1-5 armor giving you progressively MORE DPS
-decent chasing ability (valk+missles).
-passive gives him an extra 10% damage on attacks.

In team fights he dominates because:
-gatling gun splash 25% of his damage to all enemies in front of them, and at peak takes off around 50 (dunno the exact number) armor from everybody it hits.
Add a starks (-25 armor to all nearby enemy champs) and a black cleaver (-12 armor per auto attack) and watch the magic happen. When corki and all your other physical DPS are doing +30% damage because the enemies have negative armor, your team just wins.

AP corki on the other hand is better at harrassing, and has a bit better burst, but doesn't help out the team near as much, and doesn't do as much damage in a prolonged fight (aka I don't recomend him)).

HarbingTarbl

03-01-2010

See, I find Corki to be the opposite. Great early/mid-early game. Useless late/mid game.

EDIT: Uhhh, this was a responce to how Corki was great late game... For some reason the other posts were not showing until I posted this one...

BeGentlePlz

03-01-2010

Corki is not an easy hero to play....I sucked so bad with him when I first bought him. I played other champions for a few months and finally decided to use him as I payed 6k IP for him <_< Well, with my new knowledge of the game I dominated most of my matches as Corki. His damage capabilities are insane. I can't really think of a hero that can beat me 1v1 other than Annie. Her insane burst is too much to overcome if equally geared.

Also if a teemo is beating you 1v1, you are doing something horribly wrong..lol

Here are some examples as to what Corki can do

http://screenshot.xfire.com/s/92614841-4.jpg
http://screenshot.xfire.com/s/92482822-4.jpg
http://screenshot.xfire.com/s/92384659-4.jpg
http://screenshot.xfire.com/s/92073044-4.jpg

Even as AP you can wreck havoc....

AP Corki is **** late game, but AD Corki is INSANE late game.

Anhi

03-01-2010

I agree with Harbing Tarbl.

I find Corki devastating at early lvls, espesh mid lane. Other toons don't have the health to fight a corki with a rune page behind him.

BUT I find a lot of his power has been nerfed with the new xp system. He still farms great, but since his late game is weak without that early game break away he's not AS useful as other champs, but still a lot of fun

My one grief with corki is that his valkerie is weird. Some things he can jump. Some he can't. Sometimes It'll stop you on the same spot because it counts in boxes or whatever. I think it would be cool if it were directional to your mouse like Karthus so you could curve it and make more use out of it.

03-01-2010

Quote:
Hydroniums:
I think Corki's a bit overrated IMO, mostly because at least at my ELO he's rather underplayed, and the people who do play him rarely carry.

I'd say he's mid-tier at best, as tristana's longer range and Q ability seem more effective than almost everything corki has, with the same escape mechanism.

I can see him being a good "side" hero, but I don't really think he's a good carry. I just don't see him competing with Sivir, Twitch, or even Tristana in physical dps.

In your tier, that may be. It's the same in mine (I've played him as AP almost since the day he was introduced). However, in higher level play they take him to all sorts of fun new levels.

Hydroniums

Recruiter

03-01-2010

No idea what my ELO is or anything, but when I first started playing the game Corki was actually my favorite hero. He's still one of my most played just because I played him so much back then, to great success. However, I really just don't see his aoe abilities competing with sivir's or twitch's in more competitive games. If I ever get raped by a Corki again like I did at level 3, then maybe it'll change my mind again.

MBirk

03-01-2010

I think Corki is a bit overrated.
Most direct comparisons are tristana and sivir I think.

As others noted. Corki has many aoe abilities. His gat gun is aoe damage and armor pen. Very strong in team fights.
valk is a great run away tool. not quite as good as rocketjump.
aoe blind is killer. its fast and has decent range for harassing. And can be devastating in a team fight vs a heavy phsy dps team.
He can put out a ton of aoe damage in a team fight.

As I started with though. I would rather have and play sivir. ricochet gives her more aoe dps then gat gun. and its all the time. BB is also decent aoe magic damage in its own right. And on the hunt is godlike. can anyone really say they think the aoe blind is better then on the hunt? heck no.

Vs trist. Trist is more single target phys carry, while corki is aoe carry.
Trist has range. Rocketjump is a bit better then valk. both in function and cd on kill.
her q gives more single target dps the his 10% raw, and gat gun. Though gat gun is clearly better in team fights.
She has buster shot kb which functions as a stun. Huge in dealing with a rampaging yi, twitch, sivir, etc. Corkis lack of any CC is his biggest weakness. And thus her biggest advantage over him.
She can farm quite good with rocketjump, explosive shot and q as well.
This is a bit closer matchup. Do you want the kb, or a bit more team fight potential with blind and -armor?
I like trist here, because thats her job. I don't really expect my phsy dps carry to be doing that. Fiddle/anivia/malph/nasus/rhze/annie etc are doing that. I want my carry blowing people up while my casters/tanks do aoe and debuffs.

Not that hes bad or anything. He is certainly a perfectly acceptable option for that spot.

WhitemageofDOOM

03-01-2010

Quote:
Hydroniums:

I can see him being a good "side" hero, but I don't really think he's a good carry. I just don't see him competing with Sivir, Twitch, or even Tristana in physical dps.

If fed? Probably not.

But here's the trick at high ELO, NO ONE GETS FED.
Corki has a good early game and isn't item dependent. This is why he's the best.

Quote:
MBirk:

Most direct comparisons are tristana and sivir I think.

Tristana needs items.
And sivir, though better than corki is not a carry. She's a pusher/support hero.

Praetor Kamahl

03-01-2010

Corki's not hard to deal with, he's incredibly soft and focused fire brings him down in record time. If you can catch him more than a valkyrie away from a turret, free kill. The last good one I laned against was in mid as Tristana, he got first blood on me. It didn't take long to do some mild harassment and counter-gank him when he'd try on my top / bot lanemates. Wait for him to valkyrie in and gatling, and RJ in and ult / exploding shot / ignite / kill. I'll admit he's fun to play, his ultimate is ridiculous and has huge range. But really he's just a big ol' softie asking to be cracked. I'm not calling him bad, but he's very predictable. Try to harass too early and he'll valkyrie away if you have a remote advantage. Don't properly hide behind creeps and you'll eat missiles until you're forced to recall (and he might valkyrie closer and finish you with a big one if you're not careful).

EDIT: Forgot to mention Valkyrie has horrible range, it's not the greatest escape tool actually. At best it's useful for jumping over walls.

Anhi

03-01-2010

[QUOTE EDIT: Forgot to mention Valkyrie has horrible range, it's not the greatest escape tool actually. At best it's useful for jumping over walls.[/QUOTE]

Exactly! You can't go anywhere with it other than over a close wall.

One of the things I've noticed with corki is during a team fight he has no penetration. His rockets have great range, but unless you can get an angel (usually during the jungle fights) you have no real range with it. His only targetable spell is super close too. Diving with your w would be great, but you are way to squish to jump into the middle of it.