Why is Corki considered even decent?

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Wesu

03-01-2010

Nidalee has immunity to blind in cat form? Pass me some of that stuff you're smoking, it smells really skunky!

Phreak

Shoutcaster

03-01-2010
1 of 1 Riot Posts

So... Corki is amazing. Here's why

Passive: Sooooooooooooooo good. 10% of his damage (even when he crits) is tacked on as pure damage. Hitting someone with 200 armor, and your 300 damage crit becomes 100? No problem, here's 30 bonus damage.

Q: Pretty short range, but it does extremely good damage for its cooldown in addition to the blind. He can farm very well with it and doesn't expose him; also lets him 1v1 most physical champions.

W: Standard escape move. Not much to say here, except that you can jump cliffs.

E: Extremely good ability that scales with attack damage. Goes up to something like -30 armor in an AoE in addition to 2.5x your attack damage. Phenomenal ability on a physical carry.

R: Great ability. Combos with Q to 1shot the Wraith camp in mid or the back line of creeps. It's easy to save 7 and spam them in battles to reach close to 1k AoE damage over the course of a teamfight.

Overall, he has 3 AoEs (4 if you count W), making farming extremely easy. His damage multipliers - Passive, E - are extremely strong. His base HP and base damage are extremely high, in combination with his passive, makes laning a breeze.

He's powerful without damage items, he's extremely powerful with them. Tristana has a little bit more CC with W/E/R, but Corki does more damage in almost every case.

HarbingTarbl

03-01-2010

Alright, every time I play as Corki I just feed like hell. No idea what the **** you guys are going on about with him having good escape, I have both flash and ghost but I still can't run the **** way if a teemo so much as looks my way.

I'm starting to think this is all just some big troll by the entire LoL community, get some idiot to play Corki so he ruins his team. I mean really, when I play as Corki I lose, if I start a game as Corki, leave/afk until 25 I normally win.

This is just ****ing ridiculous. Nothing I do as Corki has any ****ing effect in a teamfight, He can't do mid worth a ****, any other hero can out harass/farm/dps/****/**** him no matter what. It doesn't matter what items he has, he is just a ****ing terrible hero. His only redeeming qualities are gimmicks (There are items which do the same thing he does, without taking up a hero slot).

His only decent ability is the blind, which is not that great. It's only a 35% blind (For those of you who suck at math it means they will still manage to land 2/3 or so of their attacks) and it only lasts 3 seconds. 3 ****ing Seconds, most hero's can do about 2 or 3 attacks in three seconds. So out of 3 attacks, it only makes them miss 1 of them.

I don't know if it's my masteries, my item builds, my ****ing karma, but no matter what I do I can't do **** as Corki.

Edit: **** it, I'm just going to stop playing Corki before I try to Omnomnom a bus full of school children. Just going to stick with playing Taric.

h3w0

03-01-2010

If you are losing to Teemo as Corki, then yes, something is going horribly wrong.

PatMcGroyne

03-01-2010

Nid isnt immune to blind while in cougar pounce and swipe are abilities and aren'taffected by it

Runyst

03-01-2010

I don't understand how you can't out run a teemo if you have flash AND ghost
2 blinks away, the only way you'll die with ghost on is if you got jumped on your way back
also don't say poison kills you because then it;'s your own fault for not managing your hp :\

raydenuni

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-01-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarbingTarbl View Post
Alright, every time I play as Corki I just feed like hell. No idea what the **** you guys are going on about with him having good escape, I have both flash and ghost but I still can't run the **** way if a teemo so much as looks my way.

I'm starting to think this is all just some big troll by the entire LoL community, get some idiot to play Corki so he ruins his team. I mean really, when I play as Corki I lose, if I start a game as Corki, leave/afk until 25 I normally win.

This is just ****ing ridiculous. Nothing I do as Corki has any ****ing effect in a teamfight, He can't do mid worth a ****, any other hero can out harass/farm/dps/****/**** him no matter what. It doesn't matter what items he has, he is just a ****ing terrible hero. His only redeeming qualities are gimmicks (There are items which do the same thing he does, without taking up a hero slot).

His only decent ability is the blind, which is not that great. It's only a 35% blind (For those of you who suck at math it means they will still manage to land 2/3 or so of their attacks) and it only lasts 3 seconds. 3 ****ing Seconds, most hero's can do about 2 or 3 attacks in three seconds. So out of 3 attacks, it only makes them miss 1 of them.

I don't know if it's my masteries, my item builds, my ****ing karma, but no matter what I do I can't do **** as Corki.

Edit: **** it, I'm just going to stop playing Corki before I try to Omnomnom a bus full of school children. Just going to stick with playing Taric.

QFT. I've heard how awesome Corki is, and I can see the theorycrafting, but I suck horribly as him. I have friends who completely dominate, but I got nothing.

So I'm going with it's a big troll by the entire community.

xahhfink6

03-01-2010

LMAO'ing at that one post that was raging...

Its pretty simple, he is an AMAZING farmer, and if he farms well or is fed, he is OP. Early game he needs a little support, or an easy mid to survive, but by 6 he can gank lanes by valking behind them, gattling'ing, and drilling them with missles while attacking...

Late game, you decide that someone needs to die, and they do. Say your attack damage is 400, which isnt unreasonable for corki... and about 1.66 AS...

In 3 seconds, you will be doing 1200 damage AoE from Gattling, 900 AoE from Valkarie, ~1200 AoE from Rockets, and attacking 5 times for 400*[2*.4](crit chance)*2.5(armor)+100 (lizard) + 510 (trinity) + 200 (passive, true damage)... = 8800

Aka, they are SO dead.

h3w0

03-01-2010

I agree with some of your points, but I'm interested to know how you can fit flying over the team with valk, unloading 5+ rockets, phos bombing, gatling, and 5 auto attacks in under 3 seconds.

Hydroniums

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-01-2010

I think Corki's a bit overrated IMO, mostly because at least at my ELO he's rather underplayed, and the people who do play him rarely carry.

I'd say he's mid-tier at best, as tristana's longer range and Q ability seem more effective than almost everything corki has, with the same escape mechanism.

I can see him being a good "side" hero, but I don't really think he's a good carry. I just don't see him competing with Sivir, Twitch, or even Tristana in physical dps.