Twitch: Am I doing it wrong?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

SPL22

03-03-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rancid Sac View Post
I recently started to play twitch after getting annihilated by him in a few matches... The first ~6 games with Twitch I dominated and had ridiculous stats (27/9/12 and 9/0/10 and another real good game).... Until last night that is.

The opposing teams did not have oracles and it was apparent that they had no detection of my ambush but I ended up with flat stats (i.e. 5/5/8) in three games. The opposition in those 3 games were all tanks and the teams always stuck together (all 5 of them). My team was sort of scaredy about initiating, and when they did initiate their HP was dropped so much relative to the enemy that even if I did engage my attempts were in vain.

So was I just playing with/against teams that makes twitch turn to ****, or am I a ****py twitch? (p.s. build was - boots + 3HP, agility cloak (2x) (i have +30% crit dmg in runes), BF sword -> IE, Phantom Dancer, then some life steal and attack speed
You need to not set yourself into an exact pick up. The only thing I get the same every match is at the start, I get a dorian's shield. That way I can harass a little in the first few levels. After that it really depends on the group composition of my team/other team.

I have been coming across 3-4 tank teams often lately. I think it is probably because it is a great counter to the pug 5 dps team, all those stuns, interupts, slows with high hit points and armor. The first thing I get against a team like this is Last Whisper. It penetrates 40% armor, gives 40% attack speed and 20 Attack damage. I then pick up my boots, I normally will go with Mercury's Treads. Reduces stuns, slows and snares by 40%(because once you pop out, you will be their focus). After that I build Madred's Bloodrazor. That gives you 30 attack damage, 40% attack speed but the killer for the tanks is that upon hit it will deal 4% magic damage of the target's max health. Your first 6 hits (coming out of stealth the first 2 seconds) would take 24% of the health off a tank in just the bonus of the Bloodrazor. Add in your physical damage from the attack with the 40% reduction in his armor and when you expunge and you will do a metric **** ton of damage to a tank in 2-4 seconds.

Most of the times, you will be the focus of the other team when you pop out of stealth. So you need to be patient and wait for the fight to start. Let them commit to a dps target. Once they do, that is when you start in. normally I can get 2-4 seconds of shots in before they switch to me. You need to make sure you have teammates that can peal them off you. normally I run with 2 tanks when we do a premade, that is when we use the 2nd tanks stun which allows me to relocate and continue to dps.

Bigricky

03-03-2010

Woah calm down peewee... I think you need some johnson and johnson no tears shampoo.

Despite popular belief, the "best" way to build a champion is not what "works for you"

The best way to build a carry(twitch), regardless of your skill level, is whichever way gives you the biggest increase in performance for the amount of gold you spend on your items. This creates a "core" item build for that champion. The other slots are reserved for adaptability. This allows you to do your job, as a carry, sooner. It's math. If you can start 3 shotting squishies at 6k gold instead of 9k gold, then the cheaper build is better.

Need more survival...buy items out of the defense category
Rolling the enemy...build whatever you want, maybe get a bloodthirster for some lifesteal if that's your thing

Everybody and their mother understands why lifesteal is a bad stat for anything other than a jungler or sivir and had you have done your homework ahead of time, then you wouldnt come in here and mislead a beginner with false information. Not everything you said is WRONG...just most of it. Your profile shows that you have not done your homework since you dont even have the ideal mastery build for the champion you are currently playing.

FeLpZ

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-03-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Testiclies View Post
Woah calm down peewee... I think you need some johnson and johnson no tears shampoo.

Despite popular belief, the "best" way to build a champion is not what "works for you"

The best way to build a champion, regardless of your skill level, is whichever way gives you the biggest increase in performance for the amount of gold you spend on your items. This creates a "core" item build for that champion. The other slots are reserved for adaptability.

Need more survival...buy items out of the defense category
Rolling the enemy...build whatever you want, maybe get a bloodthirster for some lifesteal if that's your thing

Everybody and their mother understands why lifesteal is a bad stat for anything other than a jungler or sivir and had you have done your homework ahead of time, then you wouldnt come in here and mislead a beginner with false information. Not everything you said is WRONG...just most of it. Your profile shows that you have not done your homework since you dont even have the ideal mastery build for the champion you are currently playing.
did i post an item build? no. all i said was lifesteal is awesome cheap midgame item for twitch. what you said goes unsaid.

why is lifesteal good for sivir? how is it any better for her than twitch?

and HOW are my masteries bad?

Bigricky

03-03-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by FeLpZ View Post
did i post an item build? no. all i said was lifesteal is awesome cheap midgame item for twitch. what you said goes unsaid.

why is lifesteal good for sivir? how is it any better for her than twitch?

and HOW are my masteries bad?
Lifesteal is good on sivir because the goal of that champion is different than twitches. Her job is to push lanes, hitting mass creeps with ricochet and boomerang, and knock towers down. Sivir also has a support role in team fights through her ultimate and the stark's fervor that is common on sivirs.

Twitches goal is to burst someone down and get out. Therefore the more damage you can do midgame the better. Lategame when you're teamfighting survivability becomes an issue on twitch so you have to spend some gold to remedy this problem, or like i said, you will be stunned and focused as soon as you pop out...MAYBE shooting 3 missiles.

As for your masteries...You really should drop 1 point out of the combat tree and put it into nimbleness... 10% MS every time you dodge is nothing to laugh at especially on Jax ...and PLEASE get some T3 runes lol...you'll notice a huge improvement with them.

FeLpZ

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-03-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Testiclies View Post
Lifesteal is good on sivir because the goal of that champion is different than twitches. Her job is to push lanes, hitting mass creeps with ricochet and boomerang, and knock towers down. Sivir also has a support role in team fights through her ultimate and the stark's fervor that is common on sivirs.

Twitches goal is to burst someone down and get out. Therefore the more damage you can do midgame the better. Lategame when you're teamfighting survivability becomes an issue on twitch so you have to spend some gold to remedy this problem, or like i said, you will be stunned and focused as soon as you pop out...MAYBE shooting 3 missiles.

As for your masteries...You really should drop 1 point out of the combat tree and put it into nimbleness... 10% MS every time you dodge is nothing to laugh at especially on Jax ...and PLEASE get some T3 runes lol...you'll notice a huge improvement with them.
the point is VS will help with midgame survivability with 1v1 fights and occasionally will help with teamfights, and will build BS at endgame.

oh and i would love tier3 runes, but if i spent 2 weeks farming i would barely have enough for 1 champ, and seeing as how i switch champs as often as i do it would simply be dumb to spend big money on runes.

Bigricky

03-03-2010

you'd be surprised how many champions can use the same rune page. I have 2 rune pages atm and it's enough for all the champions I play except the tanks. I still need 3 armor pen quints and dodge seals for the ideal physical carry page but im getting there.

Grundlestaint

03-03-2010

I personally find that lifesteal is a must as twitch - I get vamp. scepter first most of the time. I feel this is so because without it, i am unable to effectively harass in the early game, as it becomes impossible to regain hp on minions. Also i find that very often i come out of a gank with one or two bars of life remaining, esp. in mid game when nukers havent reached their full potential. I don't use malady but i will sometimes go stark's fervor if there are other physical dps on the same team.

And yes, I've tried starting out with a doran's shield and a doran's sword, both of which were very meh compared to a flat 15% life steal in the early game in my experience. Maybe it's just me? shrug

You will come out with so much gold over the course of the game, though, that it seems pretty silly not to invest 400 of it at some point in an item that will be the difference between surviving with 50 hps or your opponents doing so time and again.