Twitch: Am I doing it wrong?

123
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Nivled

Member

03-02-2010

Concerning Lifesteal, I usually buy a vampiric scepter mid game (after I finish 2 X avarice blades), so that I can lane and gank a bit longer.

1) However, during end game, stark's fervor (if your team doesn't have one) or a Bloodthirster helps tremendously during 5 man shoot outs.

Most of the time our tank will initiate and draw most of the cc. I will unstealth and ult and start hitting enemies. Enemy tanks will begin to focus on me. But, without enemy cc (especially stuns), and my ult hitting 3 or 4 targets at one time, with 20+% lifesteal it becomes almost impossible to kill me.

To put in numbers. If you base damage is 250, and you have 60% crit chance. You're hitting for 400 damage on 3 targets or 1200 dmg. 20% lifesteal is 240 dmg healed back per shot. You should be hitting 2.5 shots per sec, that makes 600 life back per sec, which is not a trivial amount.

2) For 1 on 1 ganking (or even 2 on 1, depending on enemy heroes), lifesteal helps a lot during the gank and after (when you need to get your hp up quickly for the next gank).

My 2 cents worth.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Ronald22

Senior Member

03-03-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by FeLpZ View Post
im pretty sure recurve alone boosts him above max.

and lifesteal on twitch is absolutely necessary, he's already squishy enough. 430g for lifesteal will save your life time and time again
Basically you don't put urself in situations where he would die in the first place without lifesteal.

Lifesteal is good, but not for ur first items.

I'd save lifesteal items for after Inf Edge/Phantom Dancer, or even last whisper if armor stacking goes on.

I laugh in twitches faces who get malady first and have a delayed BF sword along with no crit, so I tear them to shreds in seconds while they live for maybe .5 seconds longer because of their lifesteal.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Riot aBhorsen

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

eSports Coordinator

03-03-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by FeLpZ View Post
im pretty sure recurve alone boosts him above max.

and lifesteal on twitch is absolutely necessary, he's already squishy enough. 430g for lifesteal will save your life time and time again
Recurve alone does not boost him above max unfortunately. As stated in my guide, Lifesteal does have a place if you find you are having issues staying in lane but once you get your BF Sword you can get Golem buff alone with ease which i find more valuable than a Vampiric.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Vidal

Senior Member

03-03-2010

Wow I feel like such a noob getting malady...


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Riot aBhorsen

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

eSports Coordinator

03-03-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vidal View Post
Wow I feel like such a noob getting malady...
You shouldn't, lifesteal can have it's place on any champ who uses Auto-Attacks as a main form of offense.

However it's situational and you will find that often than not, The recurve can be converted into something more beneficial.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Bigricky

Senior Member

03-03-2010

the only lifesteal you should ever get on Twitch is if you're snagging a Bloodthirster very late into the game.

but...

at that point in the game you are more worried about survivability than extra damage, because you're already 3 shotting squishies. It's best to grab some resist items instead of more damage. Stuns kill your damage and you so banshees veil is a must in most games.

Have you never faced a 3k hp twitch with resists that crits for 600 at 2-2.5aspd? You don't need lifesteal lol


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

FeLpZ

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

03-03-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronald22 View Post
Basically you don't put urself in situations where he would die in the first place without lifesteal.

Lifesteal is good, but not for ur first items.

I'd save lifesteal items for after Inf Edge/Phantom Dancer, or even last whisper if armor stacking goes on.

I laugh in twitches faces who get malady first and have a delayed BF sword along with no crit, so I tear them to shreds in seconds while they live for maybe .5 seconds longer because of their lifesteal.
so your saying you never take damage during teamfights? the health gained from lifesteal coupled with twitches ridiculous damage output with his ulti make him stay alive much longer. tell me a sub-500g item that gives as much survivability to twitch mid-game.. **** 430g for vampiric scepter is absolutely nothing. It also builds bloodthirster which i usually get late game.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aBhorsenn View Post
Recurve alone does not boost him above max unfortunately. As stated in my guide, Lifesteal does have a place if you find you are having issues staying in lane but once you get your BF Sword you can get Golem buff alone with ease which i find more valuable than a Vampiric.
i usually get vampiric after the laning phase is over.. 1v1 there is no better item for him, this goes for teamfights as well.

What AS item would you recommend getting? i find that recurve is more than enough AS for the entire game.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Testiclies View Post
the only lifesteal you should ever get on Twitch is if you're snagging a Bloodthirster very late into the game.

but...

at that point in the game you are more worried about survivability than extra damage, because you're already 3 shotting squishies. It's best to grab some resist items instead of more damage. Stuns kill your damage and you so banshees veil is a must in most games.

Have you never faced a 3k hp twitch with resists that crits for 600 at 2-2.5aspd? You don't need lifesteal lol
if you have 3k hp your doin it wrong


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Riot aBhorsen

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

eSports Coordinator

03-03-2010

I get a recurve and convert it depends on the enemies composition.

I also aim towards a Phantom Dancer, these 2 bring me to just over 1.6 att speed which when combined with your abilities brings you to the 2.5 att speed cap.

I give a better explanation in my guide.

Click here for my guide


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Bigricky

Senior Member

03-03-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by FeLpZ View Post
so your saying you never take damage during teamfights? the health gained from lifesteal coupled with twitches ridiculous damage output with his ulti make him stay alive much longer. tell me a sub-500g item that gives as much survivability to twitch mid-game.. **** 430g for vampiric scepter is absolutely nothing. It also builds bloodthirster which i usually get late game.

i usually get vampiric after the laning phase is over.. 1v1 there is no better item for him, this goes for teamfights as well.

What AS item would you recommend getting? i find that recurve is more than enough AS for the entire game.


if you have 3k hp your doin it wrong
nice 22/8 mastery build on top of having TERRIBLE K/D/R ratios playing the current most OP champion in the game(Jax)...

I can tell you are still in an ELO where people dont buy oracles and focus fire twitch as soon as he pops out. 3k hp + resists and a banshee's veil is 1000x better than any lifesteal you could imagine getting...because no amount of lifesteal will save you when any nuker can QWER you from 100% - 0. Now add 4 other teammates that also help that nuker kill you and you'll get the picture. 1 stun = no damage = no life steal = instantly dead twitch....

so no. do not get lifesteal on twitch. period. Your posts are pollution to this thread and the beginner twitch players in here who will probably be buying Malady after they read your advice.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

FeLpZ

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

03-03-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Testiclies View Post
nice 22/8 mastery build on top of having TERRIBLE K/D/R ratios playing the current most OP champion in the game(Jax)...

I can tell you are still in an ELO where people dont buy oracles and focus fire twitch as soon as he pops out. 3k hp + resists and a banshee's veil is 1000x better than any lifesteal you could imagine getting...because no amount of lifesteal will save you when any nuker can QWER you from 100% - 0. Now add 4 other teammates that also help that nuker kill you and you'll get the picture. 1 stun = no damage = no life steal = instantly dead twitch....

so no. do not get lifesteal on twitch. period. Your posts are pollution to this thread and the beginner twitch players in here who will probably be buying Malady after they read your advice.
first, what kind of ****in loser looks up someones profile after they post on a forum? really? get a life kid.

second, i am on my 7th or 8th game with jax as i type this, and i have dominated every game we have won.. and the games i lost were due to feeders and or leavers.. so i dont see where your kidding my "TERRIBLE" k/d ratio from, bubs.

you should not be able to be focused on in team fights, you should be able to pop in once the team is focused on someone else, focus your ulti, and stealth before they have a chance to react. rinse and repeat.

The info is for the games i have played, no i dont know if it works against you "professional video game players", but anyone who is reading here for advice isnt a professional video game player and is playing against the same people i am, which my build is for.

i dont even know what build you are getting that allots you 3k+hp, but whatever it is its terrible. with lifesteal as said before you can get 600+hp per second, in *2* seconds you could have more life than what your "tank twitch" gets, for 430g.


123