Twitch: Am I doing it wrong?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Rancid Sac

03-01-2010

I recently started to play twitch after getting annihilated by him in a few matches... The first ~6 games with Twitch I dominated and had ridiculous stats (27/9/12 and 9/0/10 and another real good game).... Until last night that is.

The opposing teams did not have oracles and it was apparent that they had no detection of my ambush but I ended up with flat stats (i.e. 5/5/8) in three games. The opposition in those 3 games were all tanks and the teams always stuck together (all 5 of them). My team was sort of scaredy about initiating, and when they did initiate their HP was dropped so much relative to the enemy that even if I did engage my attempts were in vain.

So was I just playing with/against teams that makes twitch turn to ****, or am I a ****py twitch? (p.s. build was - boots + 3HP, agility cloak (2x) (i have +30% crit dmg in runes), BF sword -> IE, Phantom Dancer, then some life steal and attack speed

Grovel

03-01-2010

Maybe try to get smaller ganks earlier. Twitch needs to Snowball quite a bit before he can single handedly decided 5-man fights. It's better to stay back and try to pick off a hurt straggler or two than open up Rambo style while their entire team is sitting comfortably at 75% health.

Tanks and opponents with flash are kind of your kryptonite (also anyone who interrupts you) so could have been a tougher matchup.

Personally I like the Malady > Writs End > Black Clever route, but maybe that's outdated.

Mr Tibbers

03-01-2010

When a team is full of tanks, it's best for the carries to change their build somewhat. Bloodrazor, Last Whisper, Black Cleaver, Starks, etc. are all good items to use for anti-tank purposes. Not to be mean, but a single build will never ALWAYS work. You have to be a bit flexible. For example, a tank versus an all caster team should probably get Mercurial and NOT Tabi, even if they're Rammus. You just have to build for the situation.

ShAdOwStAlKa

03-01-2010

i have a lot of experience with twitch considering he was my main till i got completely bored of him and beleive it or not he is one of my most hated now...but a great item buiild that i find works is .....beserkers greaves, malady, infinity edge, black cleaver axe , bloodthirster and that frost hammer that give su hp and dmg cuz hp helps a whole lot on twitch and considering u gain mad attack speeed once u burst out of anbush it isnt necessary to have so much of it. now i use a rune page of 18% crit dmg and 13& crit chance which is good because u cirt often and high early game and is helpful late game. Now for the skill build i try to get expunge maxed out as soon as possible and i dont touch ultimate until lvl 10 because it is useless untill it is fully leveled considering it is missed and dodged a whole lot in the begining. let me know how this works for you or ask any other questions if u like.

Rancid Sac

03-01-2010

Very nice advice from everyone!

My only gripe is that Shadowstalka said to use malady. Many of the guides insist that I don't use it, additionally many of the players I've spoken with said only noobs use malady... I dont know why they dont like it as it stacks the poison so fast - which makes the slow and expunge strong, and quickly.

I use full crit damage for runes (currently at +30%) so I typically go for agilitiy cloaks and boots of mobility (for map control) followed by IE and phantom dancer. Can you provide me with some very good justification for going malady first?

Riot aBhorsen

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

eSports Coordinator

03-02-2010

Hey,

First of all, a few of your questions are touched upon in my Twitch Guide.

As for Malady, it doesn't have to be Malady but i recommend a Recurve Bow.

For 1050g it is the most cost effective speed boost in the game. Twitch only need 2 Speed items, Recurve and then the Phantom Dancer. That brings his attack speed up towards the cap he needs which is 1.57 att speed.

Once his att speed is at 1.57 then his Ambush or Spray and Pray mean that he will reach 2.5 att speed.

So yeah, i'd say definately include one. I get it as my first choice item on first pill back.

At that early stage, you easily get a gank on unsuspecting squishies.

AutoSponge

03-02-2010

AS is very important for Twitch's ult. If you don't fire enough missiles (or get poison stacks) you can't get the kill. But vamp scepter is only good for jungling--which you can do in lower ELO no problem. So, if you're going to get something with a scepter, get a Bloodthirster (late). Get just the scepter early. If you get a starks, everyone will know you're nearby so avoid that. Malady stacks aren't worth the extra 390 g.

Bigricky

03-02-2010

do. not. get. lifesteal. on. twitch.
you should be last hitting early game, not autoattacking to slurp your life back.
/thread

on a side note. Unless you're against the rare tank stacked teams (3+ tanks) then you get the Biggest increase in performance the fastest out of either of these 2 build orders:

start with Doran's shield + 1x hp pot
1. Boots of Speed, BF Sword, Cloak of Agility, Infinity Edge, Upgrade boots
2. Avarice Blade, Boots of Speed, Avarice Blade, BF sword -> infinity Edge, Upgrade boots

after that it is adaptive but usually Phantom dancer is the next item to build.

You do not need aspd on twitch, especially early game. Early game you get kills by chasing and plinking off their life in big chunks, followed by a large expunge, not shooting 100missles per second that do no damage giving them plenty of time to return to their tower.

You dont need attackspeed until the game evolves into team battles and you need to blow your damage quickly and reposition before you are focused.

Schank

03-02-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Testiclies View Post
do. not. get. lifesteal. on. twitch.
you should be last hitting early game, not autoattacking to slurp your life back.
/thread

You do not need aspd on twitch, especially early game. Early game you get kills by chasing and plinking off their life in big chunks, followed by a large expunge, not shooting 100missles per second that do no damage giving them plenty of time to return to their tower.

You dont need attackspeed until the game evolves into team battles and you need to blow your damage quickly and reposition before you are focused.

QFT. The Malady talk is always so upsetting.

FeLpZ

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-02-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by aBhorsenn View Post
Hey,

First of all, a few of your questions are touched upon in my Twitch Guide.

As for Malady, it doesn't have to be Malady but i recommend a Recurve Bow.

For 1050g it is the most cost effective speed boost in the game. Twitch only need 2 Speed items, Recurve and then the Phantom Dancer. That brings his attack speed up towards the cap he needs which is 1.57 att speed.

Once his att speed is at 1.57 then his Ambush or Spray and Pray mean that he will reach 2.5 att speed.

So yeah, i'd say definately include one. I get it as my first choice item on first pill back.

At that early stage, you easily get a gank on unsuspecting squishies.
im pretty sure recurve alone boosts him above max.

and lifesteal on twitch is absolutely necessary, he's already squishy enough. 430g for lifesteal will save your life time and time again