[Directory] Complete List of Guides

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Aregionius

Senior Wrenchman

01-17-2011

Updated to here,

Removed, [Outdated]Basic Guide to Janna by banduan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heat n Serve View Post
Good writing? Higher caliber prose? 50% of his guides are obscenities, yelling all caps and generally insulting his readers (yeah I know, he does it to be funny).
Actually I think the obscenities were really the weakest point of most of his guides, that said, I do think he had a more interesting style than is generally used.

Quote:
his Cho = 542 replies - 195,124 views
my Mord = 829 Replies - 164,910 Views
That's true, but it's kind of an apples to oranges comparison. Condon's guides were written much earlier when we had a smaller player population and he has not since been active to maintain a view count. (which is why his bolding was removed from the more outdated threads).

Quote:
Remove the bolding for everyone (I realize you did for most, but not all of condon's). It's too subjective. As shown by my example the bolding was arbitrary and not guided by any sort of quantifiable metric. Let the readers decide which guides they like. Don't make the choice for them just because you are biased towards guides you find funny.
Noted, and I think you're correct (not that this is exactly what you meant, but...) I have not had the time to really review the current set of guides for others that may be at that level, and that's something I'll put on the docket. In general though the bolding system is a rather benign way of highlighting good work that doesn't really force readers to do anything.

Also, on a completely unrelated note, about 1 in every 5 times I open any Leaguecraft Guide it freezes my browser for about 30-45 seconds. It seems like this might be related to the advertising on the site, if that's something you could look into.

CapTortuga

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-17-2011

Mots guides on singed are uncomplete or outdated. Here's one i made and think will be a good adition to the list.

http://www.leagueoflegends.com/board...d.php?t=452697

jZampage

01-17-2011

All I've got to say is THANK YOU for this thread.

Heat n Serve

01-18-2011

Thanks for hearing me out, Aregionius.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aregionius View Post
I do think he had a more interesting style than is generally used.
Interesting? Maybe. Original? No. Well-supported claims? No.

Quote:
That's true, but it's kind of an apples to oranges comparison. Condon's guides were written much earlier when we had a smaller player population.
Not really. His Gangplank predates my Parrrley Mechanics Guide by less than 10 days (which I in turn used to link to my leaguecraft guide). Community didn't change that much in size by then. Like I said, my guides were just plain more useful and hence got more community response.

Quote:
Also, on a completely unrelated note, about 1 in every 5 times I open any Leaguecraft Guide it freezes my browser for about 30-45 seconds. It seems like this might be related to the advertising on the site, if that's something you could look into.
Most likely the result of guides with lots of comments and lots of text. They just take a long time to load. Advertising actually has surprisingly little to do with it.

Okay, I'll stop bothering you now. Proceed un-molested.

... and don't forget that if you need to shorten other leaguecraft links, just head on over to tinylc.com

Strawbrrymlk

01-18-2011

Singed With A Side Of Teamwork

Introduction

-Why should you read this?
This Guide focuses on building Singed for a strong late-game, and strong team fighting capabilities. If you are serious about playing Singed you should read this guide, as it doesn't focus on dominating enemies because they suicide onto you in small numers This guide is intended to describe a Singed that will work even when the enemies group up instead of losing on purpose.

-Singed
Singed is a tanking champion who lays down a large amount of aoe attrition damage, but has very little burst. He is very strong for finishing off enemies after a team fight for a tank. He is without a doubt the best tank for quickly pushing rows and farming alot of minion kills when necessary. His weakness is that compared to some other tanks his initiation can be avoidable. When combined with a strong initiator however, his toss and AOE slowing can be very effective in forcing the enemy team to commit to a fight

Singed's Abilities
Empowered Bulwark(passive) - Increases Singed's health by .25 for each mana point he has.
This is great with Rod of Ages or Frozen Heart!

Poison Trail- Leaves a trail of poison behind Singed, dealing damage to enemies caught in the path. Toggle: Singed lays a poisonous trail which deals 22/34/46/58/70 (+0.3) magic damage per second.
Cost13 Mana per SecondRange20Poison Trail is Singed and Singed is Poison Trail. You will be leveliing this as a priority every game. This ability accounts for all of Singed Minion kills middle and late game. While this ability won't be helping burst enemies down, with a survivable team this ability does a great job of running the hp down of the enemy team. Also since it is a toggle, often after everyone else has used cooldowns Singed can make a big finish. This ability also makes chasing a low hp Singed a very risky proposition. Of note, you still drop poison when stunned or cced!

Mega Adhesive- Throws a vial of mega adhesive on the ground, slowing enemies who walk on it. Leaves a sticky area on the ground for 5 seconds, slowing enemies in the area by 35/45/55/65/75% (lasts 1 second after leaving).
Cost70/80/90/100/110 ManaRange1000A good supporting ability, this is Singed's only aoe slowing or cc effect. Has very intuitive synergy with the rest of the champion. Can keep the enemy team grouped up for aoe, and will keep an enemy champion slowed for a very long time if you throw them back in after they escape from the area. Generally you will grab 1 level of this at level 4, and level it up last, but with some ganking oriented teams you may want to keep toss at level 1 and level up this slow. For solo-queue games I can't see passing up Toss damage for this

Fling- Damages target enemy unit and flings them into the air behind Singed. Singed flings an enemy over his shoulder, dealing 100/150/200/250/300 (+1) magic damage.
Cost100/110/120/130/140 ManaRange100Singed's initiation ability, great for pulling enemies out of position, as well as preventing and making escapes. Also has an excellent AP scaling ratio. The low ranged can make it hard to get off without other stuns or ccs on your team. If the other team has Banshee's Veils this is your only targeted ability that will be affected, so have an ally pop off the buff before using. In addition to throwing enemies you wan't to kill first into your team, this can also be used to throw melee enemies away from fights. (such as an ulted Tryndamere) Just remember that it tosses enemies onto the other side of you, if you are very close to the enemy you are tossing the angle may be different than you expect. For escaping make sure you throw them in the right direction. This ability will essentially ovverride flash, or abilities like Rocket Jump if used simultaneously; victory.

Insanity Potion(ult)- Singed drinks a potent brew of chemicals, granting him increased combat stats. Singed drinks a potent brew of chemicals, granting him 35/50/65 Attack Damage, Attack Speed %, Ability Power, Armor, Movement Speed, and Health and Mana Regeneration per 5 for 25 seconds.
Cost150/150/150 ManaRange20Singed's Ult!, the increased movement speed helps Singed initiate with fling and sticky goo, while allowing Poison trail to be spread over a larger area as well. Singed's physical attack becomes important with his ult up so while you are mainly magic damage, make sure that in addition to keep Poison Trail spread over the enemy team during a fight, use your attack to help focus individuals. This has a good duration so make sure it is used before you may be stunned or cced, since it makes you tougher and adds to poison trail damage. Can also be used to quickly kill towers

Why Singed?

Singed won't work as the team's sole initiator, but his toughness and aoe damage are nearly unrivaled, making him great at pressuring the enemy team and forcing cooldowns. He punishes any lack of coordination on the enemy team with his chasing and escaping ability. He pushes lanes very quickly for a tank, allowing you to punish enemy deaths, with many minion and tower kills. This extra gold also allows him to get items more rapidly than any other tank. he is also capable in the side lanes in any situation (1v1, 2v2, 1v2, 2v1)

Strengths
+ Magical DPS
+ Good Finisher
+ Strong Laner
+ Can do alot of damage for a Tank

Weaknesses

- No Hard aoe cc
- Needs allies to help him close in for team fight initiation
- No burst

Masteries
What do you want from your masteries? You want toughness, speed, and magic damage. 9-21-0 provides the greatest amount of these 3. You get the 9-offense magic penetration, as well as the defensive awesomeness of 21 in defense, with the 9-defense speed ability from dodge. While utility has a neat speed-bonus this is not enough to justify passing up this much toughness or damage.

Runes
Magic Pen Reds (definate)
Dodge Yellows (unless they are stacking magic damage)
Magic resist blues (your choice of these)
Movement Speed Quints

The reason Movement speed quints are useful is how much Singed needs to close in on enemies, and that it allows Poison Trail to be spread over a larger area as well.

Summoner Spells

Ghost- This is a great spell for Singed, always get this. Movement speed is awesome.

Ignite- The 2nd best spell for singed!

The Build

Items
While Singed is a Tank his main source of pressure on the enemy team is his damage, not CC. So you want to mix in some ability power along with defense.

To start, you can either get a Doran's Shield or a Regrowth Pendant. Depends on whether or not you need extra anti-burst hp. Regrowth Pendant can be later built into your Force of Nature, and is preferable unless you won't be able to survive without it.

First order of business. Boots of Swiftness, the extra movepseed is what you want. Merc Treads aren't usually as good of an option since Poison Trail works while stunned or cced anyway, but always consider them.

Rod of Ages will be the first item you start building for. This works great for your passive and gives AP as well. You may want to grab catalyst before upgrading boots, depending on how much gold you have when back in your base.

2nd Rod of Ages. Singed farms minions very well, and often gets early kills. If you have plenty of money why not get the 2nd rod after the first and start growing them? You should often be able to get away with 2 of these bad boys.

Magic Resist/ Armor.
You will now be high on hp but lacking on magic resist and armor, so get some. The particular items depend on how much armor and how much magic resist you need. Here are the items to consider:

-Guardian Angel: heavy armor, medium magic resist. effect often helpful

-Force of Nature: The best item if they have heavy magic damage, has everything you want (movespeed is ftw), and you may already have 1 regrowth pendant

-Sunfire Cape: A good item for heavy armor

-Rylai's Crystal Scepter: HP and, AP is good on Singed. So is a slowing effect, the small aoe slow works great on Poison Trail, while Toss has increased effectiveness as well. One of the best options if you are fed and want to increase your lethality.

-Frozen Heart: If another teammate hasn't already built this against a heavy physical team this is a great option. (you even get HP from your passive!)

-Banshee's Veil: Poison trail provides built in CC resist, so this is isn't as useful as on many champs. But it does get a boost from your passive, and against some teams you may still want it.

-Abyssal Scepter: You may want to get this for your team, if you are fed enough to have it in addition to defensive items. You should only get this occasionally on Singed, as someone on the team should usually have this earliar on in their build.

Skill Leveling
You want to level Poison Trail as a priority. usually you will level fling second, grabbing one level of sticky goo at level 4. If your team is doing alot of ganks together, leveling sticky goo first can be effective. Level ult when able!

Twisted Treeline Strategy[TT]
Ban Singed if you don't have first pick, pick him if you do. Singed works simaler here as he does on Summoner's Rift, just better. With less enemies it is easiar for him to initiate team fights with Toss, and harder for the enemies to burst your allies before Poison Trail removes all their hitpoints.

Alyzar

01-18-2011

A hopefully refreshing guide to Evelynn

Posting a second time. Please put it up!

hellcat5

01-19-2011

Here's the link to the guide I'm working on -

http://www.leagueoflegends.com/board...d.php?t=444538

RadiantVibe

01-20-2011

This thread should help me out a lot!
Thanks!

Aregionius

Senior Wrenchman

01-20-2011

Updated to here,

Removed

Singe (Tank) posted by Almitt

Singe: Mage, Tank and Initiator by DT777

Alyzar

01-20-2011

Quote:
Updated to here,

Removed

Singe (Tank) posted by Almitt

Singe: Mage, Tank and Initiator by DT777
Thanks for linking my Evelynn guide. Do you think you could link the actual LoL thread instead so it's easier for people to ask questions / give feedback?