[Directory] Complete List of Guides

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

BogdanRaczynski

01-06-2011

Can you please add my LeBlanc guide! Thank you. I put a lot of time and energy into it. It is VERY comprehensive and for advanced players only.

http://www.leagueoflegends.com/board...40#post5213640

Heat n Serve

01-07-2011

Please update the broken links for my guides with the new working links below:

"Advanced Gangplank Guide" - http://leaguecraft.com/strategies/guide/124

"Mordekaiser in 5 minutes" - http://forum.leaguecraft.com/index.p...-heat-n-serve/

"Jungle Malphite in 5 minutes" - http://forum.leaguecraft.com/index.p...y-heat-n-serve

The server might be down, but these links will work. Thanks!

Heat n Serve

01-07-2011

Also... why the heck does condon have his name bolded next to all of his "guides"?

Let's lose the favoritism. His guides are no more special than the rest of ours.

Aregionius

Senior Wrenchman

01-07-2011

Updated to here.

And update on the links:

Well it turns out that it is indeed a forum based problem nuking all of the links so balls. I'm going to try to work with Pendragon or whoever made that change, but it may be a protection policy shift which means we might have to do something about the non-forum listings in the near future.

Why this is a problem

I've been using bit ly to link shrink because it gives me about a 20-25 character link versus some of the monsterously huge links we get from some guide writers. Leaguecraft is the biggest offender here since it makes links out of titles and a few of you have the tendancy to create mile long guide titles :P (bttp://leaguecraft.com/strategies/guide/809,Eve:%20An%20Expert's%20Guide%20to%20the%20Leag ue's%20True%20Assassin - makes the forums cry >_<)

Where this is going

Since that one example link above takes the place of 5-7 other potential guides with small links, it would limit what we're able to keep in this thread. Ultimately it would be nice to get the link shrinkers back, but barring that, I'm open to other ideas else we may have to end up canning some of the longer guides / leaguecraft which I'd rather not do.

Eledhan

01-07-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aregionius View Post
Updated to here.

And update on the links:

Well it turns out that it is indeed a forum based problem nuking all of the links so balls. I'm going to try to work with Pendragon or whoever made that change, but it may be a protection policy shift which means we might have to do something about the non-forum listings in the near future.

Why this is a problem

I've been using bit ly to link shrink because it gives me about a 20-25 character link versus some of the monsterously huge links we get from some guide writers. Leaguecraft is the biggest offender here since it makes links out of titles and a few of you have the tendancy to create mile long guide titles :P (bttp://leaguecraft.com/strategies/guide/809,Eve:%20An%20Expert's%20Guide%20to%20the%20Leag ue's%20True%20Assassin - makes the forums cry >_<)

Where this is going

Since that one example link above takes the place of 5-7 other potential guides with small links, it would limit what we're able to keep in this thread. Ultimately it would be nice to get the link shrinkers back, but barring that, I'm open to other ideas else we may have to end up canning some of the longer guides / leaguecraft which I'd rather not do.
I propose that any guides that are hosted by another site should have their own forum topic and then post the actual link in that topic, IF you're trying to retain those guides from other sites.

OR

You could simply list the most common sites (leaguecraft and mobafire are the only two I know of) at the top of the OP of this topic, including a brief explanation of how to filter guides you want from those resources... Honestly, trying to accommodate information from another website seems like a waste to me...mobafire AND leaguecraft guides are notorious for not being maintained (in my experience), and many of them are just plain wrong...

Either way, it would clean up the guides, and allow us to notify you of which ones are actually out-dated as opposed to simply telling you the link won't work...

Thanks for all you do!!!

BogdanRaczynski

01-07-2011

Can you please add my LeBlanc guide! Thank you. I put a lot of time and energy into it. It is VERY comprehensive and for advanced players only.

http://www.leagueoflegends.com/board...40#post5213640

Seelyon

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-07-2011

Thankyou for the update Aregionius.

Ill be crossing my fingers hoping that you can get your link shortening working.

I definitely agree it would be horrible to bar so many good guides from the list, ill admit that most of the good guides arent posted on the forums themselves but use different platforms like leaguecraft, mobafire, squidoo and hubpages (i think this is mostly due to the ability to design the page as required and also clear large pictures.) I will easily look at a guide on these websites before ones on the forum (even with people attempting layout it looks way to cluttered on the forum)

Perhaps a new thread that with the first 8 or even 9 posts reserved, whatever the first page is. ( i think you've got like 5 or 6 now)? I cant remember if its a per post issue as opposed to a page issue to do with the large number of characters.

@Eledhan:

I like the idea of a separate thread for these, if that solves the too many characters issue. Adds more work though and may encourage an excess suggestion of guides of a low quality since they have a 'dedicated thread'

In regards to your idea about posting where to find guides with instructions I think its great in theory, but as you said the guides on leaguecraft and mobafire are mostly trash and this thread meant you didn't have to search through 50 guides (each suggesting something completely different, very confusing too a new player). I know they offer rating systems, but ive had little luck relying on these.

Hopefully a suitable solution presents itself.

Eledhan

01-08-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seelyon View Post

@Eledhan:

I like the idea of a separate thread for these, if that solves the too many characters issue. Adds more work though and may encourage an excess suggestion of guides of a low quality since they have a 'dedicated thread'

In regards to your idea about posting where to find guides with instructions I think its great in theory, but as you said the guides on leaguecraft and mobafire are mostly trash and this thread meant you didn't have to search through 50 guides (each suggesting something completely different, very confusing too a new player). I know they offer rating systems, but ive had little luck relying on these.

Hopefully a suitable solution presents itself.
You're right...the issues of linking external resources is that you could potentially overwhelm the readers...

The only reason I even mention the other sites is that a lot of the guides on this website are not kept up to date either. There are only a few people (like myself) who actually keep their guides up to date...which is absolutely essential to a successful guide now that LoL is changing so rapidly. It seems there's a game-changing patch every other week now.

Last Whisper,Locket, Zhonya's, Black Cleaver? All of these changes have dramatically altered many champion's item and even pre-game builds...which good guide authors will consider immediately and make the necessary updates.

Enin the Reaper

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-08-2011

http://www.leagueoflegends.com/board...94#post5243294

Please add my Urgot guide for TT.

LaughingWalrus

01-08-2011

Autowin Treelines with Ryze Bot:
http://www.leagueoflegends.com/board...d.php?t=436866

Tested for TT players and is an update catering to the recent trend in successful Ryze builds (no more squishy AP stacking!).