[Directory] Complete List of Guides

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

moonsbro

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-12-2010

This is my first guide and most likely my only guide sense olaf is the main character i play and the one i am the best with. I only play TT or atlest intill i can get a better comp -.-.

runes:
Red:all crit chance lvl3 .93% crit chance per rune, cost of 410 ip
Yellow:all dodge chance lvl3 .75% dodge chance, cost of 820 ip
blue: all magic resist lvl3 1.49 magic resist, cost of 205 ip
Quints: flat health lvl3 32.4 health, cost of 2050 ip

Why: most guides say get armor pen instead of crit but i found that having 14% crit chance at lvl 1 is very usefull for start gank and the early lane phases and those lucky crits could end up winning you a team fight.

Summoner spells:
i use exhaust and ghost
other choices would be ignite or flash just alwas make sure u have either flash or ghost

Masteries: 11/17/0
3 deadliness
enhanced exshaust
4 alacrity
3 sunder

3 resistance
3 hardness
4 evasion
1 nimbleness
1 harden skin
3 ardor

armor pen is important here so you dont have to waste runes on it and with all the items i tell you to get their will be no need for armor pen runes like i said above. getting the dodge and dodge speed buff and the bonus health is very helpfull for keeping olaf alive in team fights.

Abilitys:
Q
W
E
W
R
W
E
W
W
E
R
E
E
Q
Q
r
Q
Q

Why: alwas get undertow first to bush check if u dont get to bot bush fast, use it to catch people and it does decent dmg against other lvl1s. viscous strikes is your most usefull abillity giving 21% lifesteal and spellvamp at lvl5 and giving about 70 bonus dmg at lvl 5(scales off of max hp). Reckless swing is great for ripping up beefy tanks and downing squishy targets.

Items:(buy wards whenever needed ward the lizard, ward dragon only if you have sum1 like lux or ezreal who can steal it without being in harmsway
start off with dorans shield and a hp pot
then lvl 1 boots and emblem of valour
make either mercury treads or ninja tabis depending on what oppents u are facing
frozen mallet
stark fervor
(useally game is over by now but if not)
yomuu ghostblade
Atmas
and if its still not over sell dorans sheild for a infi edge or bloodthrister

Why: dorans shield will give you about 800hp at lvl1 with the runes and masters
boots nuff said
emblem gives good lifesteal and health regen which is important to have early game.
frozen mallet is the perfect olaf item it gives dmg health and slows when he normal attacks melding perfectly with his undertow ability.
stark fervor for armor pen and the buff is very useful
ghostblade gives great chase and even more armor pen and crit and dmg
atmas is basiclly having another vicous strikes but permantly on and it gives armor and crit (see how the crit is starting to pretty high)
infi edge and bloodthrister nuff said.

How to lane olaf:
go for bot gank if ur team is up for it
go top if their is no one else who needs their ult first (like cho or trynd)
once ur lvl 4-6 dont be afraid to start fighting, many people underestimate olaf especilly when you get low on health sit in the bush when they run into the bush viscous strikes and reckless swing will down them pretty quickly. if your soloing i recomend buying elixers whenever you can and go down for ganks once ur around 5. if someone trys to harass you and they happen to be a melee character turn around and counter harass with the crit runes you shud be able to make them **** their pants(love doing this against other olafs) laning phase useally ends around 8-10 after that its pretty much dont engage in bad situations and get dragon whenever its up.

Conclusion:
Now you may be asking "wait what about how to jungle with olaf" jungleing with olaf on 3v3 just does not work especilly with no golem buff to constantly refresh viscous strikes.
i love olaf he is a beast of a character and if any ground breaking patchs for him happen i will edit the guide and mabye improve on it if i learn more stuff about him like mabye a new item comes out and it works really well.

Hope you enjoyed the guide
now go roflstomp some noobs and /all BROMACIA@!!@!@!@!@

Eledhan

12-13-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by moonsbro View Post
This is my first guide and most likely my only guide sense olaf is the main character i play and the one i am the best with. I only play TT or atlest intill i can get a better comp -.-.
Just FYI...

You should post this in a separate topic if you want this guide to be posted and have people look at it. Otherwise, nobody will ever see it.

imbavan

12-14-2010

Just want to thank Aregionius for this awesome compilation of guides

LuisPocho

12-14-2010

i'm an anarchist, i dont believe in guides, nobody´s gonna tell me how to play!

Aregionius

Senior Wrenchman

12-14-2010

Removed

Alistar Rush by Coleman
Alistar the minotaur by shedim
Alistar the Punting Cow by Glorianos
Anivia AP and Tank by Sintobus
How I Play Annie by Sickarius

Eledhan

12-14-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aregionius View Post
Removed

Alistar Rush by Coleman
Alistar the minotaur by shedim
Alistar the Punting Cow by Glorianos
Anivia AP and Tank by Sintobus
How I Play Annie by Sickarius
Awesome! I'll be posting more potentially problematic guides as soon as I can, but I'm just having to slowly work my way through them. I try to be as careful as possible not to suggest removing someone else' hard work, but if it's outdated info, then it really is doing more harm than good.

Thanks for the help!

Siky

12-15-2010

Just wrote an in-depth Leblanc Guide, hopefully with some criticisms it'll be good enough to help people.

Eledhan

12-15-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aregionius View Post
If you can identify them specifically I'll take a look at getting them removed.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aregionius
Notes for getting a guide posted:
1. If you can read the whole guide without having to scroll, it probalby doesn't have enough content.
2. Completed Build - Runes, Summoner Spells, Masteries, Items, Skill Order
3. Descriptions and Reasoning - Why you chose items/masteries/SS/runes, how to use skills
4. Saturation - If the champion section has 10 guides, yours needs to be better.
5. Reply - Conversation is important, follow up with your guide, make updates, respond to criticism.
6. Tips - Go beyond a build, talk about laning, how to play the champion, tips and tricks, make a guide
The following guides (Blitzcrank & Cho' Gath) are either older than a year (outdated), or do not meet the criteria quoted form the OP of this topic:

Blitzcrank, The Steam Golem
Outdated.

Blitzcrank, The Dominator
Outdated.

Blitzcrank Carry, Because even 1500 DPS Isn't Enough
Outdated.

Blitzcrank: The Steam-Powered **** Machine
Outdated. Also difficult to follow since no formatting was used.

Rocket Punch Blitzcrank
Missing Masteries.

Cho'Gath the Terror of the Void (Ability Power Style)
Unclear as to when the last time the guide was updated. Most recent post was from September 2010.

Mid Solo Cho'Gath
Seems as if it's a waste of energy to click on this guide, only to be told to click on another link to get to the updated version. Consider changing the link in the List of Guides topic so that the link just goes straight to the LeagueCraft version.

That's all I got for now. I'll post more as I see 'em!

IS1f9a4f2a95debc

12-16-2010

Great job on clearing up the guides section, its looking good.

Heres my LeBlanc Guide: http://www.squidoo.com/league-of-legends-leblanc-guide

Aregionius

Senior Wrenchman

12-16-2010

Removed

Blitzcrank, the dominator by Bait
Blitzcrank Carry by Lemt

Thanks for your dilligence Eledhan!

As to the double link, historically I've tried to post a link to the LoL forums if one exists since many of the other forms of guidemaking don't have the same level of reply and participation we see on these forums.

Also, the framework for guides in the first post is just a general outline for components the most successful guides tend to have. If a thread has some great strategy, or an in-depth discussion going on, etc., it'll probably get in even if it's missing some of those other elements.