Need honest advice!

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Lza

09-06-2014

Ok so currently I'm in bronze three and dropping at a steady pace. I'm trying to get at least to silver and I just don't know what else to do. My scores look good to me but maybe I'm missing something. There are just too many losses that I feel like I've played well in.

Scores:
14/2/12 as Nidalee
4/2/0 as Nidalee
31/9/38 as Hecarim
16/4/14 as Nidalee

I have a couple of other losses but its these 4 games that make me feel like things are hopeless. What is going on that I can't even get close to escaping bronze?

Nidalee I have an average 7/3/6.5 per game and 1.36 turrets destroyed
Irelia is 8/3/8.5 and 1.5 turrets

Obviously I play a few others but these are the majority of my matches. What am I not focusing on that's holding me back?

Lza

09-06-2014

BTW those are 4 losses from my last 10 matches. Just as an example to illustrate my journey DOWN the bronze ladder.

Sephïroth

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-06-2014

Here, let me share with you my 10 commandments of League. Anything else you do, we would have to learn from playing with you.

1.) CS -Need a good CS score. 90 by 10 minutes is great, but you need at least 60 to be in gold, 70 is preferred though.

2.) Objectives - Need to take objectives when you get kills

3.) Don't die if you're carrying - Every death you have when you're fed allows the enemy team to take objectives. If you die when fed, your loss is deserved.

4.) Understand Risk/reward - What will you get if you dive bot lane under tower, and what are the odds you have success.

5.) Map awareness - you need to [/U] properly[/U] AND PAY ATTENTION to the map. If the Jungle's top, you can push bot all you want. ETC.

6.) Don't trade if you're ahead - A 1 for 1 allows the enemy to get back into it if you're ahead as you give him more gold and you relieve pressure so he can farm safely.

7.) Runes/Masteries - Generally you need at least 6 to be an effective ranked player(Rune pages) and you need to have an effective set up. I have 20 and don't feel its enough as I have pages that counter lane matchups such as vs AP or Vs AP.

8.) Be able to play every role, but specialize in two - You cannot always get the role you want every game, so be versatile and you should be alright.

9.) Last Hit Trading - Somewhat of a more advanced technique, but almost as important as last hitting. Watch the enemies minions as well as yours to pre-emptively time an attack where you can attack them and they cannot attack you back as they are last hitting.

10.) Keep your cool - This may seem trivial. Its not. If you start raging at people, they are going to play like ****. Positive attitude wins games.

Honorable Mention - Be opportunistic. If Leona throws a Lance, you have 8 seconds to beat her in the face and she can't do anything back. If Amumu just Bandage tossed and ultimate'd Fizz, he may have died but has nothing left - don't run away, do damage until his cooldowns are up.

As I said, this is all over the forum and this is just a bullet point response.

If I had to pin it down to one thing based on what you have told us, and looking at your LoLking: It would be you're failing to take objectives, and are looking more for kills. Get Turrets, get inhibs, get dragon, get baron. Screw chasing that kid halfway through the forest to get a kill worth 30 gold.

Also, stop building Zephyr on Nid. She doesn't need anymore attack speed. If you need the Tenacity, get Merc Treads.

Nidalee is also a hard person to "Carry" with. Not that she cannot carry, but you need to get your team fed with your roaming abilities. You being fed personally only helps with the 1v1 skirmishes but in teamfighting you aren't super strong. Also, you're more of an early game beast, take advantage of it.

If your team is incapable, split push. Get towers while they are losing teamfights. Ward well.

That's all I can tell you without playing with you.

EdiT: Another thing to build if you're getting destroyed by CC: Mercurial Scimitar - Since they buffed it, the active is absurdly great on any AD as it gives 45 MR AND 80 AD with a game breaking active.

Hippo77

09-06-2014

You're building Zephyr way too early. It's fine to have a lot of kills but understand that KDA doesn't mean anything.

We don't know what to tell you unless you sort of describe how the games went, since we don't know what happened mid/late game.

Lza

09-06-2014

I use Zephyr as an alternative to BotRK when I'm ahead. I found that the extra speed and tenacity makes me impossible to shake and fast enough never to miss a fight. I build merc treads and zephyr because hard cc is the only thing that can shut me down once I'm rolling. What would you suggest in its place?

I don't want to make it sound like I'm chasing kills but you know how bronze people get caught out. I like the Zephyr because I feel like i have to be everywhere at once and because the attack speed with her "E" makes her machine gun towers down. But again I'm up for alternatives.

Hippo77

09-06-2014

Zephyr and Merc Treads do not stack by the way.

I'd suggest Bloodthirster or Hexdrinker or Shiv in Zephyr's place. You're spending a lot on an item that is not optimal.
BT is more for trading and strong dueling. Hexdrinker for facing AP. Shiv for optimal splitpushing and allowing you to clear fast and then get to where you need to be to catch out.

Obviously people know about Blade but Ghostblade isn't bad either. CDR + active that lets you assassinate better with armor pen? Sounds like a great assassin item for Nidalee which is something she's good at.

Mannyshow45

09-06-2014

Hey im currently gold and climbing. I have been coached by some of the best coaches in the world and have a lot of knowledge I can share with you and help you climb! Add me in game and we can talk more, I look forward to helping you get better!
IGN:Mannyshow45

Sephïroth

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-06-2014

Honestly, on Nidalee you should get BoRK or Trinity. Both really isn't optimal as Trinity is more based on burst damage and benefits from high AD, BoRK Benefits from sustained damage and dueling power. IMO which I'm not a good Nidalee by any means, in fact I'm a bad Nidalee. Though, I play against tons and I know what they're supposed to do (I just fail to execute it).

If you're going for a more Assassin Style Nidalee than a Bruiser style then I'd advise the Trinity because you land a Spear and jump in with a Q, people will cry for a nerf. If you're going Bruiser style, I'd advise BoRK because of the sustained damage, and the lifesteal also helps benefit all the tankyness you're going to build.

It also may differ from game to game, if you're facing a bunch of squishies building BoRK isn't going to be the greatest idea, but if you're facing a team of all tanks/bruisers a Trinity force isn't going to feel good in a fight.

Hippo's right about the Ghostblade, which has gained a lot of popularity recently(Mostly on ADC's, but Nid's a weirdo and it works on her, too.). Its a good snowball item if you get ahead, but if you're behind its not that great of an item.

And... Zephyr is just a badly designed item. They just need to change it entirely as it doesn't benefit AD Carries or Bruisers as other items do. If you really want attack speed there are just better alternatives for both. For Nid:

Wits End ( Not really advised, but still better than Zeph)
BoRK (Duh)
Stattik Shyv ( I don't advise it because your best damage comes in cougar form, and crit is just meh on Melee champions for the most part. It is a great pushing item, though.)
Ghostblade ( The active... soo good for taking turrets/winning small skirmishes.)

But as I said, Attack damage is usually just better than Attack speed on Nidalee. You want to punch with your spells and jab with your auto attacks.

Lza

09-06-2014

I like Static Shiv... I not so sure on hexdrinker unless I'm worried about their AP. Rather build Bloodthirster or BotRK than Hex if the AP isn't a problem. I didn't know the two didn't stack. Nidalee does AP damage though on her spear, leap, and execute though. So building armor pen only helps the swipe which isn't the big hitter. So ghostblade isn't as effective as it would appear.

Since the tenacity doesn't stack I think I'll try Shiv and see how that fits. Or trade merc treads for ninja tabi. I don't want to give up the attack speed because in bronze if I don't push the towers down it seems like nobody else will. For higher play I can see where its not needed though.

I used to do the Bloodthirster but found that with all the AP dmg she does that I didn't gain alot of hp during fights. Only 2 hits of the combo gave health steal. But somehow I forgot about Shiv.

Hippo77

09-06-2014

It's that Ghostblade has a great active which benefits the playstyle of Nidalee. She has to auto attack too, not as often perhaps but it does happen a bit. It's a snowball item that makes you assassinate harder, giving mobility and damage and CDR. Your spells will go on cooldown and then you have to auto attack to keep up the damage.

Bloodthirster is not about the lifesteal, it's about the ratio of Cougar form Q which scales with AD well. As far as I know, I think RF Legendary goes Hydra for his Cougar form after Trinity Force occasionally.

But I mean it's about sustained damage or burst damage.