Comprehensive list of viable junglers?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

PogoPogoPogoPogo

08-21-2012

Alistar
Amumu
Cho'gath?
Darius?
Diana
Dr Mundo
Evelynn
Fiddlesticks
Fiora
Jax
Gangplank
Garen?
Hecarim
Jarvan IV
Lee Sin
Malphite
Maokai
Master Yi
Nasus
Nautilus
Nocturne
Nunu
Olaf
Pantheon?
Rammus
Rengar
Riven
Sejuani?
Shaco
Shen
Shyvana
Skarner
Trundle
Tryndamere
Udyr
Volibear
Warwick
Wukong
Xin Zhao

This list, with the exception of Garen, comes from the LoL Wiki. I've added Garen (with a question mark) because apparently he's a viable option with the rework. I put a question mark on Cho'gath because I've never seen a Cho'gath jungler. Same with Sejuani.

And really, what I'm looking for here is not a list of "X champion is a good jungler." or "You should never jungle with X champion." I'm just looking for a list of champions who are at all even remotely capable of jungling. I'm perfectly capable of doing my own testing in custom games and bots games to figure out which champions I do and don't like as jungling. What I want is a list of champions that can fulfill the jungle role without trolling.

If you can make a case for any champion not on this list, please let me know. If you can make an argument for the removal of one of these champions from the list, I'd also like to know. If you can help clarify the viability of Cho'gath, Garen, Sejuani, I'd ALSO like to know that.

EDIT: Added Amumu and Evelynn. For some reason these champions aren't on the LoL wiki list and I forgot about them. For what it's worth, I will be making my best efforts at keeping this list up to date as a resource for anyone else interested.

Excaliberx18

08-21-2012

Well I'm not gonna list all of them but you definitely have to add arguably the 3 best junglers in my opinion...Dr. Mundo, Shyvana, and Udyr. So far from what I see on your list all of the champs on it can clear the jungle so gj so far but def add those 3.

Roshen

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-21-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Excaliberx18 View Post
Wbut you definitely have to add arguably the 3 best junglers in my opinion...Dr. Mundo, Shyvana, and Udyr.
Udyr is my jungler of choice. Shaco is played most frequently in the jungle.

wzthegreat

08-21-2012

shyvana is a great jungler, as well as trundle gangplank, Dr. Mundo

Lord Puppy Fury

08-21-2012

I've never used him personally, but I've seen Cho jungled very well. He sort of operates on the same principle as Nunu: eat everything, never die.

I've also seen Riven used as a jungler.

Sumizone

08-21-2012

Gangplank can be a pretty awesome jungler, especially with the buff to his Parrrley.

PogoPogoPogoPogo

08-21-2012

Yea, I knew for sure I was missing some obvious ones that I couldn't think of, so I'll add those guys.

PogoPogoPogoPogo

08-21-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Puppy Fury View Post
I've never used him personally, but I've seen Cho jungled very well. He sort of operates on the same principle as Nunu: eat everything, never die.
Well, I understand why Cho'gath players have incentive to head into the jungle post-6 to farm up stacks on their ultimate. I just don't see how Cho'gath works to even manage to make it through the jungle in the first 5 levels. I mean, how do you build him?

His passive does give him some sustain, but it seems marginal at best. I mean, he has to kill enemy units for this to work. Compare his 32 + (2 x level) per enemy kill heal to Xin Zhao's 25 per every 3rd hit heal passive on his W that comes with a 40% AS for 5 seconds at rank 1.

I mean, Cho'gath is listed as a jungler on the LoL wiki. That's the only reason I have him included on this list. I've never seen it played, nor can I even figure out how it would make sense. At least with Garen, while I haven't seen it played, I can understand how it makes sense with the rework to his passive, I'd assume it stays on even while jungle monsters hit him.

And now obviously, the list will include some junglers that are weak at certain points and strong at others. As I said, I didn't want to make a list of the best junglers. Just all the champions capable of clearing the jungle. I guess kind of the idea behind this is that I consider jungle probably my best role, but I don't have many good jungle champions. Ideally, I'd like to get all the jungle-capable champions so that I have experience with each and every one of them. I want to have personal experience with the strong and weak points of every jungle champion.

If there's a way to play jungle Cho'gath, I want to figure out how. The more popular junglers, it's easy enough to just look up a guide, but for Cho'gath, it just doesn't make sense to me at all.

(Also, I forgot to add Alistar to the list, so I'm doing that now.)

PogoPogoPogoPogo

08-21-2012

Added Jax, Nasus, Nautilus, Shen, and Tryndamere

monstahtron

08-21-2012

Its not hard to jungle cho at all. Armor yellows and cloth and you're good, all his skills are aoe minus the ultimate.