[Guide] Dr. Mundo: *Splash* in your face! v1.1

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Econael

03-01-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dead Head Nik View Post
The key with Mundo is to go a balance of tanky items and dps items. If you go too much tank you get ignored, even though running in at 500 movement speed with your scary fireballs intimidates people. If you go a balance between dps and tank, the enemy can't ignore you and your beastly damage with masochism.
I think a Phantom Dancer and a Wit's End in combination with Masochism will provide enough DPS to beat the gold out of someone. Last Whisperer instead of Wit's End if the enemies have tanks.

Bloodba7h

03-01-2010

You want this:

Regen Beads
Boots1
Spirit Visage
Boots2 (80% of the time tread, 20% tabi)
Brutalizer / Phage
Phage / Brutalizer (whichever order you prefer)
Mallet
<situational>

Atma's Impaler, Stark's, BThirster

..hmm now that I think about it you should probably have STark's sooner but mehhhh

Econael

03-01-2010

Ok I've updated the Guide to 1.3, itemization should be more clear now. Check it out!
http://leaguecraft.com/strategies/gu...20face!%20v1.3

@Bloodba7h: that doesn't fit the way I play Mundo at all, also it's a bad choice DPS wise

Bloodba7h

03-01-2010

Why would that be a bad choice DPS wise?

-1 for you too, biatch

Econael

03-01-2010

@Bloodba7h, it's in the guide, you could read it

basically, mundo has +100 attack power from Masochism and he hits 0.82 times per second, so he'll get a higher DPS increase from items with IAS than from even more damage

Bloodba7h

03-01-2010

Because teamfights and melee dps go so well together that you can just stick onto your target like glue. Naaawwwt.

I'd rather headbutt for huge numbers than wonder about attack speed builds. I'm sure that Stark's is better than I'm giving it credit for too. Stark's is probably better than Brutalizer.

In theory you're right about attack speed but it's hard to stick to anyone in the midst of a bursty teambattle.

PS: I've only slept an hour in the last 48, so don't mind my randomness.

Econael

03-01-2010

Well it is situational. If you don't take Exhaust, don't cleave enough, don't have teammates with slows/stuns, if they Flash a lot etc.
Frozen Mallet is in the situational items section too, Phantom Dancer will help to chase etc.

In your build, you have very little HP and Atma's would provide merely 56,48 dmg (+45 armor + 18% crit) for 2405 gold. That's a lot of gold for very little punch.

With Starks and Bloodthirster http://leaguecraft.com/builder/Dr.+M...355fea555b607c you're rather squishy and I dunno about the damage, do you actually play this build?

Bloodba7h

03-01-2010

2405 for those stats is pretty efficient, actually.

Yeah, I've used tank builds and DPS builds (like mine) and I've found that Mundo is easily ignored unless he's built for DPS. He just doesn't have the CC or survivability (regen is not survivability) to tank. He's annoying as a tank, but he's better if you build him for damage and go right for their squish.

My old build would always start with Warmog's -> Spirit Visage and though I felt rather unkillable I was less influential and relied completely on my teammates to win fights.

Tank Mundo is really good at soaking up CC if the enemy team is trigger happy though. Which is surprising.

Econael

03-01-2010

hmm in mine http://leaguecraft.com/builder/Dr.%2...4afc1183ab8c64 it would have only 66,88 dmg instead of 56,48, not that big of an increase

I still think that my build will be more viable in combat, since you can't deal damage while you're dead and you seem to rely on lifeleech to keep yourself alive.

Bloodba7h

03-01-2010

MUNDO bUILDS AS WE PLEASES!!