[Champion Suggestion] Please Implement Blind Monk

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Teirdome

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-26-2009

Ever since I first saw hohums forum avatar, the Blind Monk has been my most anticipated Champion. Kurt Cobain master of the Open Palm fighting style? Sign me up!

There are two rumors floating around as to why Riot did not implement him for the 40 Champions at launch:

• He wasn't interesting enough to play which may be true and there is unfortunately little I can do about that.
  • He wasn't quite League of Legends caliber. I mean come on, there is a freaking shadow bear summoned by a 6 year old girl, how can a boring blind monk stack up to that?
Well, let me introduce you to his new lore...

Quote:
The monks of the Tempest Flats were long known for their peaceful demeanor in the midst of such chaotic lands. Their code strictly forbade them from ever raising a weapon against another being. The fierce creatures that dwell there however made it necessary for the monks to be able to defend themselves, so from the moment a member joins the brotherhood they are taught ancient self-defense techniques.

One of these monks became so proficient with his fists that he was given the sole duty of the defense of the monastery. A brother he had trained with for years became jealous, and that seed slowly festered into hatred. One night he drugged *monk name*, and after he fell asleep the traitor set about his evil scheme. He would remove *monk name*'s two greatest weapons.

*monk name* awoke in immense pain to the realization that his eyes and his hands had been severed from his body. Yet as time passed he found that he could still feel his fists and slowly was able to see again. When he would look at his beloved hands, he saw them as they were, yet covered in a radiant energy. His brothers saw his spectral hands as well, but the traitor convinced the leaders that they were weapons and he was banished from the monastery.
Do you know what's better than fists of fury? FREAKING PSYCHIC FISTS OF FURY!!!

And I know the lore definitely needs editing, I worked 13 hours yesterday and didn't sleep well when I finally got home so my brain is a bit borked.

Karbon

08-26-2009

Psychic Fists of Fury...

I'm all for it!

Spectral Fists can give stacking damage per attack (which I have been dying for in LOL) much like Ursa from Dota!

Razzle Dazzle

Adjudicator

08-26-2009

I want blind monk

Zeta

08-26-2009

I want Plant King!

But yeah, Blind Monk, Witch Doctor, and Plant King all need to be put back into the game.

Simi

08-26-2009

+1. Thread approved.

Razzle Dazzle

Adjudicator

08-26-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeta View Post
I want Plant King!

But yeah, Blind Monk, Witch Doctor, and Plant King all need to be put back into the game.
I agree 100% especailly with Plant King and Witch Docter. They are all so awesome looking.

Elmentar

08-26-2009

+1, I really want to see a champion that fights with his (psychic) fists.

Jpeg

08-26-2009

i have always liked monk classes.

Veridic Rage

08-26-2009

Agreed. However, I would have also approved Drunken Monk and Muffin King.

First bug with Muffin king- Game automatically stars the ****.

daspring

08-29-2009

Blind Monk needs to be in the game, psychic punch or not.