Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Trayes

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-01-2010

First I want to say thank you for making this awesome hero. He is a lot of fun and I feel he is also pretty balanced. I will try and hit some points where I feel he is very strong and also very weak.

In a game that is based around burst Mord lacks it. People to fear Mord unless they are low on HP and they know he has his ult + ignite. I find his AP scaling to be very bad. Going AP build adds so little damage to his spells. I don't think he should be getting 1/1 or anything like that. I just feel it should be higher then it is. I also don't like how his Q gets nothing from AP. Even .2 or .3 would be nice for the Q attack.

I think Mordekaiser's ult should deal true damage. It seems to deal so little damage and because the AP scaling is so poor on it even going an AP build it would do almost nothing.

Mord's shield at early game is very powerful but late game is paper. Early game you have creeps to just keep feeding the shield but late game when people are in team fights they don't just bunch up so you can aoe them all. They spread out and focus fire people. This makes Mord's shield almost useless while in a team fight. If his AP scaling go changed so he could nuke harder this might not be a problem. He would then be able to nuke his shield back to full about every 6-10 sec.

[bug] I am not 100% sure where it comes from but sometimes i have large amounts of AP on Mord with no items for AP. I think it may have something to do with the pet and the defense tree skill that gives the user a % more AP. I am not really sure. You can check my profile for my build if you think it may be the problem. Sometimes I have 20-60 AP with no AP items.

[maybe a bug] Mord can enslave Shaco's clone. It has a creep health bar and I don't even know if it does damage but I have been able to enslave it 2 times.

Overall I think Mord needs to be able to go a caster build so he can bring some CC to his team even if it is only 15% slow. I have noticed people really don't fear Mord unless his pet is up. Then again they are only afraid of the pet and not Mord.

- Buff Ap scaling of skills
- Add slight AP scaling on his Q attack
- Make ult do true damage
- Slight nerf to early game shield (lower passive to 15% this will nerf early game but if the AP scaling goes in it will still be very powerful late game for AP builds)
- Buff late game shield

I will be editing this as I find more stuff.

I can't tell you the build I run with him because it changes every game. One of the things I really like about Mord is I can build him to fit what I think we need in the game I am playing. You can however look over some of my games and guess what I was fighting. While I do feel Warmog's is a must that is the only item i get with him every game.

IntFam

03-01-2010

I kind of disagree about the shield bit late game. It absorbs a solid 3 abilities (assuming you have a bit of mag resist) which, in the case of some burst characters like, most famously, Ryze, is a tide-turner. I find your evaluation is pretty much spot on.

Mord is a blast to play. His mechanic is a breath of fresh air and even though he can't do chasing as well as the other characters because of his lack of stun/slow, he can still dish it like a beast. The tradeoff, perhaps, of not being one who excels at one on one being that, in a push situation, he rips through minions like they're nothing, and he's excellent at making those last few pushes to ripping down a tower. He can also hold off a 2-man push if he uses his skills right and pulls back frequently.

The short of it is, this champion is superb. The balancing is really well done and he's incredibly fun to play. Well done, Riot.

Trayes

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-01-2010

The shield absorbs 600 damage so if I walk into a team fight with max shield all it really takes is one, maybe 2 hits from a proper ranged DPS and the shield is gone. I will never get it back in the team fight. I may be able to get another 100-200 tops.

So the way I see it Mord can stop 800-1000 damage to himself ( a low threat tank ) while other tanks with stuns and CC can stop that much damage if not more to their whole team. One Ali stun can make a champ dead before they really get to do anything.

This is why I feel that late game the shield is lacking.

I will agree the champ is a TON of fun to play.

GBolt 0

03-02-2010

Agree, Mordekaiser's lack of CC is bad for a tank, and even if he were to be considered a DPS, it's bad anyway. And he should be able to do at least something good, because he's an average Tank, DPS and Caster (not really). My suggestion would be to let him stack with something well (damage, AP or anything) and just keep that, not 3 different stackings none of which actually change anything, and give him some CC. And why not making his shield actually regenerate 2% per second, so it's more useful in teamfights? Maybe it could work...

Azing

03-02-2010

Personally I think they should change his status to DPS and nerf his tanking abilities. His damage is just crazy for a 'tank' character. Sure he has no CC but he has a crazy amount of possible damage added in with absorption making him rather ridiculous. He needs a bit of a nerf to either his dps or his tank power.

He might be OP but really compared to most cases, its not to such a large degree that a small bit of change can't fix.

IntFam

03-02-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azing View Post
He might be OP but really compared to most cases, its not to such a large degree that a small bit of change can't fix.
I, personally, won't consider him even in the same ballpark as "OP" until he receives some kind of stun or slow. As it stands, he dishes it out, but can't maintain that force to get a kill most of the time, so I think it's fairly balanced.

Trayes

03-02-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azing View Post
Personally I think they should change his status to DPS and nerf his tanking abilities. His damage is just crazy for a 'tank' character. Sure he has no CC but he has a crazy amount of possible damage added in with absorption making him rather ridiculous. He needs a bit of a nerf to either his dps or his tank power.

I don't know where you are seeing this crazy damage from. Even when fighting someone one on one with 2 BF swords you still don't hit very hard in melee. His spells scale for balls and the only good DPS he gets is AFTER he kills someone and gets his ult on them. Yeah he is hard to kill but easy to walk away from if you think you are losing the fight.

This game is all about burst damage and he has almost none. He can do like 300 damage every 6 sec and 200-300 damage every 4 sec. He wont half health anyone. The shield is weak late game so his tank power comes from gear and not from skills.

His skills need to scale better off AP so that shield is useful endgame.

xNargleBarglex

03-02-2010

I agree with that. Mordekaizer is OP as most heroes are when they first come out. You guys did great balance on twisted fate he is now decent and not OP. However Mordekaizer is OP.

1on1 he is impossible to kill regardless of item build if he builds period and with common sense he is impossible. I went up against him with an AP ryze, attack corki and AP veigar and attack chogath and your lucky if you can keep his shield off long enough to do any DPS to him.

I suggest two nerfs which will balance it out. Increase the cooldown timer on his shield and decrease his attack power ratios or AP ratios. Someone who takes a ton of dmg should not dishout a ton of dmg at least not with all four abilities as he currently does.

Trayes

03-02-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by HydroDonut84 View Post
I agree with that. Mordekaizer is OP as most heroes are when they first come out. You guys did great balance on twisted fate he is now decent and not OP. However Mordekaizer is OP.

1on1 he is impossible to kill regardless of item build if he builds period and with common sense he is impossible. I went up against him with an AP ryze, attack corki and AP veigar and attack chogath and your lucky if you can keep his shield off long enough to do any DPS to him.

I suggest two nerfs which will balance it out. Increase the cooldown timer on his shield and decrease his attack power ratios or AP ratios. Someone who takes a ton of dmg should not dishout a ton of dmg at least not with all four abilities as he currently does.

You seem like a troll. The reason i say this is you are out of your mind. If he is a tank build he is hard to kill and does very little damage. If he is a DPS build he folds just like any other DPS. Unless he is AOEing with SoD his shield never comes back. Also his DPS is balls when you put it next to other DPSers like Ryze and Corki so this really makes you seem like even more of a troll. Thanks for the bump.

x OZ x

03-02-2010

he`s a good champion and very funny to play,must be played as tank imo because AP scaling is awful and he cannot escape if attacked.
I build him with less than 10k:
- mercury`s treads
- warmog`s (you`ll cap it in no time !)
- force of nature
- sunfire cape
-( i would go for another sunfire cape but generally game`s over by now)

10/10 early game
5/10 mid game
8/10 endgame
10/10 solo mid- farmer-jungler