Itemizing Blitzcrank.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Leirkov

04-21-2011

I'm a fairly decent Blitzcrank. Not Doublelift-esque, but I think I do well with him. My only thing is that I'm not 100% on how to itemize him efficiently. I understand you can go DPS, AP or tank, and mixing the 3 is dumb. I feel a little bit of burst DPS (Sheen-Triforce) and then tank is all you need, but not sure if the itemization is correct.

Sheen rush + Merc Treads, then adapt..

Should I just rush Triforce and then go straight tank?

Goth Skunk

04-21-2011

No Manamune?

Leirkov

04-21-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goth Skunk View Post
No Manamune?
Why would I go for Manamune?

TauFirewarrior

04-21-2011

I agree with Skunk here. Whether building tanky or dps, you want to take advantage Blitz's passive and have mana. Heck, getting the tear works well even if your going AP since it builds into the AA staff. The point is, it is a good multi-use item for his various builds and it gives a decent mana regen in addition do the nice mana boost.

P.S I usually play Blitz as a DPS character because of his ability to spam CC moves and chase well, but have been known to build him as a tank in situations where it was needed.

declawd

04-21-2011

Manamune is amazing on blitzcrank, thanks to his passive. You build high mana to give you a more potent shield when it procs, while enhancing your damage (good synergy with Power Fist and Overdrive). You will tear through towers, champions, minions, and have a nice "Oh sh*t" shield if things go south. I highly recommend Manamune for Blitzcrank.

To answer your original question, I like to equip Blitz:

1. Mana Sapphire (turn into Tear ASAP then Manamune later)
  2. Merc Treads (if not much enemy CC or AP, use Boots of Swiftness)
  3. Sheen (Turn into Trin Force)
  4. If AD carries prominent, Frozen Heart. If AP, Banshees. If both, snag both!
Concentrate on items that provide mana, primarily, itemizing based on the enemy team.

Villiroth

04-21-2011

Manamune + triforce is **** nice on Blitz.

Goth Skunk

04-21-2011

I just watched a vid with Doublelift playing Blitzcrank, and in this particular match I found it fascinating that he--arguably the best Blitzcrank player in the game--did not once grab Manamune or Tear. Perhaps he found it more worthwhile to buy his other items given the team he was up against (Ashe, Zilean, Amumu, Alistar, Cho'Gath), but I was quite surprised to say the least.

Like many people--myself included--I rush Tear in order to start building up a massive mana pool for the shield and what will eventually become Manamune. Doublelift rushed Sheen first, and I quickly saw why. Early game, Sheen combined with Power Fist turns a single attack into a 4x base damage wrecking ball. Enough to make even the most seasoned players think twice.

On the other hand, the vid is a bit outdated. Two of his items for most of the game were pre-"nerf" Hearts of Gold. Had he played the same game with the items the way they are today, I'm not sure if he would've gotten the H'soG this time around.

I'm going to start giving the Sheen rush a try in my next few outings with Blitz. See if it makes a difference.

Also, I suppose once the game reaches a certain point, if you've not yet gotten a Tear at the very least there's no point in getting it at all.

Bumbah

04-21-2011

Blitz' recommended items are spot on.

Itemize for CDR, Mana, Dmg in that order