warwick clarification

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Xasyri

04-21-2011

Why are people rushing blood razor and zerker greeves on warwick in 1400 elo? Are they just bad or am I missing something? I feel like bloodrazor is definitly a luxury item on warwick these days but have even had people complain about my wriggles.

my own standard build since the ww change has been:

wriggles, merc boots, (defensive items: GA or SV), wits end or bloodrazor to finish.

p.s. My current build does very well, just looking for opinions on the topic.

Dane Dread

04-21-2011

They rush bloodrazor because the 4% of HP magic damage per hit synergizes well with his ult which is a rapid series of melee attacks.

Maybe they are bad for going for the greaves. I'm not a pro WW but I much prefer merc treads since you're going to pull a lot of attention when you leap onto their carry with your ult.

DrFightmaster

04-21-2011

I like to build BloodRazor first and then I build boots of swiftness so that nothing EVER gets away. I like Razor because it melts tanks and if you get it early enough, the enemy tanks don't even have that much resistance in the first place.

Dealing both Magic and Physical damage is great IMO

Manicslayer

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-21-2011

Bloodrazor is a great item for anyone who has high attack speed and doesn't rely on AD for damage. It is great when paired with Warwick's ult and it's simply an amazing item for the meta-game. Warwick does not need Wriggle's, however, as his jungling is already fast enough with zerkers and he has two ways to replenish health while jungling already. Madred's definitely is better once you get into consistent team fights and keeps your damage output at a good level.

The zerker greaves are fine at the early stages of the game. You will see a major jungling speed difference with them. It's a very common strategy to simply sell them (depending on enemy team make up) once you have Bloodrazor and buy mercs.

Wriggle's is a great item, it's just not ideal for WW. I do get it on every other jungler, but on WW it really just slows down your progress towards useful mid/late game items.