Beating Kassadin as Swain solo mid

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

AychAychAych

04-21-2011

How?

TasLoL

04-21-2011

swain has the advantage imo. Just land ur stuns and eat him up. Kass's silence is a long cooldown so just harras him in between the cooldowns.

CrusaderAntonius

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-21-2011

You have more harass than he does. Use it.

Also, once you hit 6, he can't force you out of the lane. Provided you have proper mana regen, that is.

AychAychAych

04-21-2011

Snare does not stop me from silencing me which kinda stops me from doing the whole WEQ combo at its fullest. He silences me and I am left there standing like an idiot auto-attacking. By the time silence ends, the snare has ended and he runs away.

He will never risk fighting me when his silence is off cooldown and even after lvl 6, I can't sustain taking the silence to the face all the time, especially if he times it so that I am forced to waste mana with ulti on.

Sure, I can survive in the lane, but it is impossible to actually win and kill him without support.

Soverayne

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-21-2011

Simply move away when he starts moving towards you and drop the snare so that he has to move through it to get to you. When he's hit by it start moving towards him. He will silence you but the root should hold him in place long enough to hit him up harder than he hit you.

Leirkov

04-21-2011

You have regen post-6 and he doesn't...

Provided his 1-2-3 nuke of REQ will hurt, you can just recoup it all up with your ultimate, and if you buy a catalyst, you'll never run out of lane.

Redenbacher

04-21-2011

Kassadin is the least of my worries on Swain. Snare has a longer range, and Kassadin needs to be in melee range to last-hit. If he comes up to last-hit, root him, then walk up and wait for the silence to wear off to slap him with E and Q. You WILL hit him a lot harder every time he's snared.

Post 6 it becomes a little more challenging, since he can escape right after your root with Rift Walk. However, you have your ultimate to heal everything back, and your passive to regenerate all your mana. He's not pushing you out of the lane... just farm, and harass him whenever possible.

Rrbhaunoch

Recruiter

04-21-2011

zone him with your root and farm pre-6. If you have a jungler kassadin is very easy to gank pre-6 too IMO. All casters should probably have trouble with a kassadin of equal skill level, so if you have a ranged AD dps character it wouldn't be bad for you to switch lanes as soon as you find out the matchup either

Villiroth

04-21-2011

Even if you dont kill him you should deny his farm like a pro.

His passive doesnt give him mana, yours does. Use your snare everytime he comes in range and if he counter with force sphere everytime he will be oom far sooner then you, enjoy busting your combo on him afterwards.

DA

04-21-2011

He either has to melee or use his silence to farm early.

Take advantage of it and ruin his farm. Make him pay for whichever path he chooses. His early game weakness is not being able to get farm well. Yes, later on he can sweep creep waves, but that takes some items and farm to get there. Ruin the first step... delay it.

Who cares if you can't kill him. Outfarm the heck out of him by ruining his. It will take him forever to get going.