who is the best out of these three? ryze, master yi or zilean

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

areow

04-21-2011

im really stuck on who to choose and how to play em so post who u think is best for a noob-okish player like me, why, and a good strategy,

areow

04-21-2011

o and if u ask me, i would just say any but i dont got strategy for em

PMxLightsOut

04-21-2011

Zilean: Best for team
Ryze: Best for a team fight carry
Master Yi: Best for "where did my towers go"?

PMxLightsOut

04-21-2011

Also ryze and zilean are relativly easy to pick up and be usefull with, while master yi requires you to know what you are doing with him, and you need to have a gameplan with him or you will be kind of useless.

Drekor

04-21-2011

Zilean. He is better than Ryze and easier to play well.

Ammord

04-21-2011

zil is great for team fights and keeping your teams carry up late game
ryze is a ap carry who is easy as hell t pick up you just qeqwqrq or q and then another spell then q again
yi is also one of the easiest ad mele carry to use as well as he has a heal that can be used out of combat not just like inc life steal.
asking which is best is like comparing apples and green beans

Dane Dread

04-21-2011

They fill different roles so a head to head comparison is kind of pointless. Each of them can be the best pick depending on what the team needs.

JohnnyThrash

04-21-2011

I disagree with saying that Zilean is easy to pick up and play, I have gone up against or had players on my team using Zilean that were just abysmal. One hard part about Zilean is that if a team fight breaks out you have to be able to be quick and accurate with your spells and when 2-5 people are all piled on top of each other it can be difficult targeting who to hit with bombs, speed ups, slow downs, and revives. There is a lot to analyze very quickly unlike Ryze or Yi who typically just beeline for squishy characters and try to blow them up. Sure Zilean has a good and easy laning phase in most situations because he can bomb and run typically very safely and provide a large amount of harass, but once larger battles start breaking out your role becomes a lot more important, like ensuring your carries don't die and making sure the enemies aren't able to run/ghost away.

sharpsh00ta7

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-21-2011

Well theyre all great for different things but since you asked who is best for a noob im gonna have to say Ryze because he should be built tanky and still dish some hefty damage.

Skill build should be q or w first then the other as second priority (with ultimate when you can). Take 1 level of spell flux at lvl 3 then leave it until last.

For masteries I think there isnt much cchoice with him, the 15% spell pen in offence is mandatory, as is the 5% mana in utility. After this you may choose to put some points in defence but the movespeed and cooldown reduction in a 9/0/21 is optimal in most cases.

Runes, spell penetration reds, 1 spell pen quint, AP/lvl for rest is what I use. However other runes such as cooldown reduction/mana/health/mana regen can all be good choices.

Item build, tear of goddess and boots should be your priority. After this, Archangels staff, Banshees veil, Frozen Heart and Rod of Ages are all excellent choices and in a long match you should strive to get all of these items in most cases. The actual order you get them in will depend on the enemy team and how you are going.

As an extra note, Will of the ancients would very likely be a great item for ryze due to the spell vamp (and his spammability of spells). However I havent tried it.

urmamasllama

04-21-2011

if you can learn how to smart cast ryze is the best you will put out a constant stream of damage