Gragas!

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Nicholas Johnson

04-21-2011

Is AP Gragas still a viable option with him or is tank, maybe even hybrid just far better than AP will ever be.

Sincerely, Nicholas Johnson

DA

04-21-2011

With the crushing of locket, tanky is harder to pull off and AP is probably a touch better at this point.

Gragas can be workable and its not that he isnt viable, its more that typically there are better fits for most teams.

His ults and early game damage are still very solid. And he is still slippery as hell.

AP Grag has trouble carrying late late game unless extremely fed. AP also requires a solo lane which you may not get.

Pewb

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-21-2011

Make him tank like he's supposed to be with lots of regen and put all point into charge and your dmg reduction/mana regen 1st. The barrel isn't good unless you're doing the fail AP build. Charge Gragas is the best Gragas. Really good to get sheen 1st too. Just try it. Go for a similar-to-poppy build. Triforce!

HowDoIMacro

04-21-2011

i believe hes meant to be a hybrid ap-tank

with his W spell(drunken rage) hes always a bit of an opff tank even if u dont get tank items. I usually build health ap items ( RoA and Rylais septer). then go with a spirit visage ( rly helps ur passive) banshee is also a good choice. other items are up to you and situational.

I dont think charge gragas is the best kind of build. definately viable. but only best in certain(rare) situations.

DA

04-21-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pewb View Post
Make him tank like he's supposed to be with lots of regen and put all point into charge and your dmg reduction/mana regen 1st. The barrel isn't good unless you're doing the fail AP build. Charge Gragas is the best Gragas. Really good to get sheen 1st too. Just try it. Go for a similar-to-poppy build. Triforce!

I am a huge fan of Tanky grag...

but your build is horrid.

ChrisH

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-21-2011

Solo top and farm all day then ult the enemy team to drop all of their health in half.

Kroghar

04-21-2011

I was about to make a similar post to see if anyone still plays Grag regularly and has a solid build for him. I've been trying to play Gragas some again lately and have been pretty disappointed most games.

I've tried going straight AP build, Rod of Ages, Sorc Shoes, Rabadon's, etc. I've dominated my lane, and mid game, but once people get resists I just feel useless bobbing around waiting for barrel to come off cooldown and do fairly ignorable damage.

I've tried going tankier with Rod of Ages, Frozen Armor, Randuins, etc. I'm pretty unkillable, but I don't feel like I have the tools to save my allies enough.

I'm thinking CDR is almost necessary if you want to feel in any way useful to your team late game. Grag's ult is his most useful tool and you want to be able to toss it without hesitation to save allies and towers, and catch runners.

Kroghar

04-21-2011

Think the next build I'm going to try is one that aims towards controlling the battle:

Masteries: 9/21/0
Spells: Exhaust/Ghost

- Philo Stone
- Boots of Lucidity
- Sheen
- Aegis or Guardian Angel
- Rylai's
- Upgrade Sheen to Trinity Force
- Upgrade Philo to Shureyla's

Idea is that you will be incredibly fast and have spammable abilities, more importantly every barrel toss and body slam will slow opponents while you can give speed boosts to your allies.

My biggest gripe with Grag usually is that if I try to save someone being chased by an opponent, by the time I Body Slam to catch up and try to debuff them with barrel, my ally still dies.

Nicholas Johnson

04-21-2011

Thank you all for your time to post your comments.

I feel a ROA, Rylais, Boots(of choice) mag pen item, then situational has been dominant for me since i can usually farm it all up.

But thats just my take on it