Alistar wierd item build

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

xyZero

04-21-2011

Hi,

What do you think about this pusher/iniciator Alistar (not tanky like hell) item build:

First you build Tear of the Goddes - to not worry about mana issues which are quite a problem on alistar, and you charge your mana pool v soon.
Than you buy Boots of Mobility -> because Alistar is natural pusher and he have to move fast around map.
After you buy Brutaliser - to armor penetration, cooldowns and AD. Brut + Ulti = tower ultra kills
Than Manamune - more AD! faster tower pushing
Yuumis Ghostblade - for armor pen, cd, and godly attack speed boost to push even harder.

Why no def? Because i have my ulti every 60seconds. That's my DEF in teamfights.

With that builds i can push so hard and fast that towers just vanish. Also i do decent damage on players and i'm always ready to go with full mana

Runes:
Armor Pen runes
Attack Speed
Cooldowns
and 3x Armor pen quintes

I win almost every game with this alistar.

Divide N Conquer

04-21-2011

i think thats a very weird build, and i find it hard to believe that works for you. i play alistar alot and i mostly rely on assists, i don't get many kills. so first off, i can kinda understand tear of goddess, however as long as u dont spam ur skills and only save them for ganks/escapes, ive found once i get a philo stone, im good to go on mana for awhile. 2nd, boots are fine, thats your choice, 3rd. brutalizer is, in my opnion, a very BAD item for alistar to get... like i said, you probaly wont be getting many kills as alistar, therefore, u wont be getting many stacks from it ( yah assists give u 1 stack but those are too easy to lose when dying) there are better damage items you can get. 4th, alistar's mana pool is already small, sure you can get mana items, but manamune is just NOT a good item for alistar, i mean cmon, how much mana do you really need? if you want a + dmg item, build some HP items to help you and get atmas impaler ( i do this probaly 50% of the time) or just get a BF sword.
5th... i dunno theres probaly a 5th, but your seriously gimping your alistar in my opnion. we can have a 5v5 sometime my team vs urs, and i gaurentee i will be the better alistar if you use that build.

edit: oh yah, i remember now, 5th. if your going for tower pushing, sheen is the better and cheaper choice, procs 2x dmg every 2 seconds if u use a spell. pop ur ult, proc hit, wait 1 second, pop ur e, proc hit, wait 1 second, pop ur q, proc hit and then fall back because ur ults no longer up by then. ( im not even a huge fan of sheen on alistar, but ive tried it a few times, it can tear thru towers with ur ult up)

KvarrBrown

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

04-21-2011

I dont like manamune on alistar... Id rather go atma (after trinity)
Maybe alistar dont need a lot of tank items to survive well... but without any, he will be a big mac(fast food) in team fights.
Aegis or HoGs(mooney, people say he dont need a lot of items to be efective, but if he have lots of items he can be a boss) can do wonders to ali.

I see people (like chauster and stuff) doing ghostblade for ali(moo), I`d rather phantom because it is cheaper and dont need to be activated.

King of Hearts11

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-21-2011

Its actually a pretty cheap and effective build he's suggesting. The only thing is you have to build defense on Alistar later, you can't just rely on your ulti for anything beyond mid-game. Depends on what you get later too because the way you are putting it you can just get this and it would make a nice movement speed/cdr build for Alistar

Manamune
Ghostblade
Boots of Mobility
Shurelya's
TriForce

last item can be whatever you need QSS/Banshees/FoN/Phantom Dancer

xyZero

04-21-2011

Brutalizer dont get stacks. I don't count on kills i do Brut and Yumis for penetration and faster tower killing. At mid/late i can easly solo tower using ulti.

To be honest, not many games goes over the 20-25 minute for me. So i often go those 3 items and some of Frozen Hearth/Nature (m.resist)/ or (if we dont have enough push force) hexdrinker.
Ofcourse in late those 3 arent enough to tank and spank. But i easly achive 1,6-1,8k gold in 10th minute.(on pugs, not ranked). Poeple on pugs are overagressive so they are easy to kill by Flash+stun+headbutt+Fortify combo.

Well i want to make him an ultimate pusher/iniciator not a killer or tank. More Armor Pen, more damage, more speed and less cooldowns makes him godly on battelfield. Why Masa? Well you need mana (try to flash, ulti, stun, headbuth, heal, heal and after a 30seconds next stun, head, heal ect) Masa makes me machine that dsnt need to go back to base.

Divide N Conquer

04-21-2011

you'll go back to base if you stay in a teamfight after your ult wears off, because you will get torn to shreds. just my opnion but i dont like your build at all, but hey, whatever works for you.

DoransTroll

04-21-2011

A good Alistar builds himself very tanky.

A VERY good Alistar knows just how much survivability he needs, then put the rest of his resources into offense. Now whether you want to go for AD or AP route is up to you. Personally, I prefer to go CD runes and masteries (gives me something like 15 to 20% CDR), then build Chalice->Atma's->Frozen Hammer->Tiamat.
Having AP does help quite a bit with his healing, but I don't prioritize it all that much. I prefer having some AD on me much more. And to tell you the truth, Tiamat makes for some really good pushing.