Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Fiddlesticks alt

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Sunaka

03-01-2010

FYI

if you're sick of dieing (Especially to fiddle / ashe)

carry flash / cleanse.

If you arent carrying one of the two, you probbably dont know what youre doing anyways.

Oh and yes.

Darkwinds a HORRIBLY powerful early game move if you max it out. (I couldnt tell you how many times ive sniped kills off of players not smart enough to seperate when i use it) That's the only time i see any point into putting points into it. If you were to, say, put points into drain i dont seeing it doing too much for you other then that ONE point to heal off creep waves.

All of fiddles moves are fairly counterable. Get mercury treads for his cc (Allows you to possibly escape his ult assuming youve built some kind of surviv), executioners if his drains bugging you, and quicksilver (God knows nobody builds this, just bring cleanse) if youre really in a doozie.

Regardless, the added magic defense WILL HELP believe it or not, a lot of fiddles dont waste their time picking up magic pen / void staff unless they're just over-fed in which case, you've probably lost anyhow

The only real problem i see for anyone is a carry. And thats the nukers job, to kill the carries.

Kivey

03-01-2010

Fiddle is one of fav heroes , and i think im pretty good with him. His ult is actually very powerful if used correctly and will most likely get your team to win 5v5 fights
( .. if used correctly).
However , as said it can be countered. getting cut off while chanelling can be really annoying(happened to me alot of times). Also i think your team should seperate and just disengage battle if they felt fiddles ult will mess the fight up bad.. After all .. Fiddle IS HARBINGER OF DOOM. HES A SCARY SPOOKY DEVILISH SCARECROW.
.. just run away.

Snowsprite

Recruiter

03-01-2010

Buy Magic Resist. Stop buying six hardcore DPS items.

DayDemonz

03-01-2010

A lot of you guys are wrong. I know how to counter fiddle, I'm just not going to tell you because i actually play him :P haha

Velqor

03-01-2010

Sofar I have had one person that isnt a fiddlesticks fanboy post. The rest of you guys are playing an op character and are like "oh no he is balanced and you should be totally psychic and counter him cuz its super easy". Really? wow.... Get off your high horse, grow a brain, and admit that its unbalanced. Every character should have a way to stop their ult or work around it in some way. This post wasnt because oh I hate getting ganked by fiddle because 90% of the time I kill the dude playing a plethora of other characters.

FoxMindedGuy

03-01-2010

Quote:
Velqor:
Sofar I have had one person that isnt a fiddlesticks fanboy post. The rest of you guys are playing an op character and are like "oh no he is balanced and you should be totally psychic and counter him cuz its super easy". Really? wow.... Get off your high horse, grow a brain, and admit that its unbalanced. Every character should have a way to stop their ult or work around it in some way. This post wasnt because oh I hate getting ganked by fiddle because 90% of the time I kill the dude playing a plethora of other characters.

If 90% of the times you kill the dude playing a plethora of other characters, it just proves how much in need of a buff he is...

I have played around 397 matches with fiddlesticks, out of which i have lost 154 matches. That is a 38.79% losing ratio. If Fiddlesticks was so OP my losing ratio would've been much much lower. So 1 in every 3 matches is a lose for me with fiddlesticks on average, does that seem like broken to you?

Pro-tips:

1. Fiddlesticks is only effective if you don't see him coming. Placement of one to two wards in your lane early game, ruins his early level 6 kills, which destroy his entire game.

2. Rushing health items early on protects you from all type of spikes and nukes, including fiddlesticks. His crowstorm + Fear + Drain + Darkwind at level 6 won't kill you (even if he had all AP and Magic Pen runes and is rushing magic damage items), after which you have another 6 seconds or so (enough time) to kill the defenseless scarecrow.

3. Late game when hanging in 5s style is going on... Fiddlesticks is usually a little away from the remaining 4 coz his job is to sneak his crowstorm channeling to be able to flash into the fight. So basically for the first 2 seconds or so of the fight, it is 5 v 4. So you people have 1 extra body fighting the 4. This doesn't put you in any significant advantage as crowstorm is about to follow in. So here's what you do: As fiddlesticks needs to be hiding to crowstorm (no surprise = no fiddlesticks being ownage), before engaging into any team fight your extra body there should look around nearby... Don't engage if you can't see fiddlesticks... As fiddlesticks is near but alone, you can gank him first and then follow into the fight. If you are unable to gank him, just having sight of fiddlesticks as he is about to channel means you have stopped fiddlesticks completely. Coz if he does start channeling, you either disable him right there (usually fiddlesticks player don't even try channeling and back out if you get sight on them) or alert your team to disengage for 5 seconds if you don't have any disables.

There... Hope all you newcomers are happy.