I really need some help with teemo

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

TheUntzBus33

04-21-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by AreYouReady2Die View Post
The other posts aren't really optimial, pasting in my teemo guide.

After about 400 wins as teemo, if your going to play ap teemo, which I don't recommend, first thing is runes.

Marks mpen of course, quints mpen or flat hp, seals all flat armor ( I use 3 non flat armor rest flat), glyphs magic resist mostly flat.

Mastery I go 16 offense/9 defense (14 typically ). Getting 6 armor pen 4% speed 15% spell pen, strength of spirit 3 points, 3 points in armor.

Because EVERYONE focuses on killing you, no matter what they want you dead, never forget that.
By taking these masteries and runes, you are nerfing yourself. The total defense you actually get from going that deep into defense is very little in comparison to the advantages you gain from going farther in the utility tree. Sure everyone wants to kill you, but there are itemizatization options to achieve survivability.

My guess is 400 wins - 600 losses

AreYouReady2Die

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-21-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheUntzBus33 View Post
By taking these masteries and runes, you are nerfing yourself. The total defense you actually get from going that deep into defense is very little in comparison to the advantages you gain from going farther in the utility tree. Sure everyone wants to kill you, but there are itemizatization options to achieve survivability.

Check my history kid, I have 1200+ wins and have played teemo since he was release in beta.

If you go utility tree you get mana regen, some cd reduction, and a small move speed boost.

Going 9 points defense to 16 you gain 6 mr 6 armor, an extra 15+ hp per 5
It also gives dodge if you go further and a speed boost from dodge.

You know what happens? If I get a gank attempt, shaco isn't doing jack to me you start with around 15 armor, I'm at 40 at start, once I'm level 10 I take 50% reduced physical damage.
It pisses them off more... They try harder, and harder to kill they triple tower dive and I'm still standing with a triple kill.

I'm not regularly winning and usually going 12+ kills/ 6- deaths by luck... (Unless I'm 1/6/14 because a karthus ks'd me repeatedly etc) Lookup The Rain Man. 2200+ elo teemo main ranked player, (he uses attack speed marks only differance).

TurtleWorld

04-21-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheUntzBus33 View Post

This is wrong.

I'll start with Masteries. You do not want your points in utility tree unless maybe you take Ghost and want the mastery for that. (You would usually take Flash anyways as an escape as Teemo has a pocket ghost in his W)

Teemo's masteries are fairly flexible. You can go for a 21/9/0 build or a 9/21/0 build. I usually go for a mixture of the two, sometimes going up to the AS buff in the defense tree and other times only going up to the health increase in that tree.

For runes you want ArPen Marks, Flat Health Seals, MR Glyphs (either per level or flat could work, I go for per level but it depends on your play-style ultimately) and Health Quints. Teemo's early game survivability will allow you to dominate lane. There is really nothing that benefits you that strongly in the utility tree so please do not listen to this individual. You do NOT need the movement speed increase as you're already fast enough without it. You may need CDR but you can get that from your items if necessary. Going up so many points in utility just for CDR is also not worth sacrificing points from your defensive tree.

You want to build Teemo tanky.

Like most tanky builds, what determines the item Teemo must buy is the composition of the other team.

His only core items I believe are: Shoes, Madred's Bloodrazors, and Frozen Mallet

Early Game: This is the tricky part. You really want to build Teemo depending on how the game is going. If you are laning against an AP champion and getting killed or outlaned, you want to get 2-3 Doran's blades, rush your Mercury Treads and then rush your Wit's End. If not, you should get 2-3 Doran's blades, Level 1 Shoes, Wriggle's Lantern, Mercury Treads (Or some other type of shoes), then rush your Madred's Bloodrazors. If you are getting outlaned by an AD champion, which you should not be because of your Q, you can rush a Glacial Shroud for some nice early game armor.

Against an extremely AD heavy team:

Madred's Bloodrazor
Black Cleaver / Wit's End (Situational Offensive Item)
Merc Treads / Ninja Tabi
Frozen Heart
Frozen Mallet
GA

Against an AP heavy team:

Madred's Bloodrazors
Wit's End
Frozen Mallet
Force of Nature
Mercury Treads
Black Cleaver / BV (Depending on how the game is going)

Against a balanced team:

Madred's Bloodrazor
Frozen Mallet
Mercury Treads
Wit's End
GA
Frozen Heart / FoN (Depending on which one is stronger on their team. If you do not need more bulk go for Black Cleaver)

This build is extremely strong and cost effective. Even when going with a defensive item as your last item in the balanced build, you will be putting out 1,215 damage per three seconds against an opponent with 2000 HP and 50 Armor and 50 MR. If you opt for the Black Cleaver, obviously your damage will be much higher.

Even if you do get the Black Cleaver, you will be sitting at 2663 HP, 181 Armor and 163 MR.

Other items that you can opt for:

Malady
Rageblade (Have not done sufficient testing yet)
Thornmail
Randuin's (Have not tested after patch)

Items you do not want:

Nashor's Tooth

*You DO NOT want to build AP Teemo. AP Teemo is viable but only as a for-fun build like AP Master Yi or AP Tristana. If you want further proof I will be happy to supply numbers and calculations. Just tell me. :] AP Teemo is heavily outdamaged AND out-tanked by the Tanky DPS variety.