I really need some help with teemo

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Hattricks

04-20-2011

I've tried searching for guides on Teemo but they are all out dated. What is the best build to go into a Normal game with Teemo? What runes are best as teemo?

While people answer this ima go take a shower ftw.

Thanks in advance guys. I need some serious help with teemo

PadredeDoom

04-20-2011

I go madreds bloodrazors, frozen hammer, nashors tooth, bloodthirster or a banshees. U can get a lichbane too or a early malady. Runes I use ARM pen, mana regen and cdr

Hattricks

04-20-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by PadredeDoom View Post
I go madreds bloodrazors, frozen hammer, nashors tooth, bloodthirster or a banshees. U can get a lichbane too or a early malady. Runes I use ARM pen, mana regen and cdr
What about early game? I always seem to have a hard time choosing early game items

Hattricks

04-20-2011

Bump for answers. YAY!

OMFGReptar

04-21-2011

build him ad/as with either an item or two for lifesteal or ap depending on preference and situation. A good list would be open dorans blade then either buy another 2 for a strong start or transition into a madreds openeror wrigles start. from their you can either begin work on a black cleaver, madreds, frozen malet, or blood thirster to be safe. in the end you should have 4-5 items that focus on as or ad with an item or two that are primarily dfensive or partially ap. consider malady or wits end as well. merc treads usually, beserkers if you want early agression.

rune wise you want to stick with the tanky part of the dps - best bets imo are health quints, magic res blues, armor yellows, and either armor reds, health reds, or armor pen reds.

masteries are preferenctial but i do a 11/19/0 setup.

ManHell

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-21-2011

i usually play teemo AP/AS

Nashor's Tooth
Sorcerer's Shoes
Hextech Gunblade
Rabadon's Deathcap
Void Staff
Deathfire Grasp (against tanks) / Rylai's Crystal Scepter

AreYouReady2Die

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-21-2011

The other posts aren't really optimial, pasting in my teemo guide.

After about 400 wins as teemo, if your going to play ap teemo, which I don't recommend, first thing is runes.

Marks mpen of course, quints mpen or flat hp, seals all flat armor ( I use 3 non flat armor rest flat), glyphs magic resist mostly flat.

Mastery I go 16 offense/9 defense (14 typically ). Getting 6 armor pen 4% speed 15% spell pen, strength of spirit 3 points, 3 points in armor.

Because EVERYONE focuses on killing you, no matter what they want you dead, never forget that.

(Not recommended) For ap build malady, nashor's tooth, deathcap, abyss scepter, hour glass. Sell malady last and replace with void staff, if there isn't a lot of physical get ryjials/frozen mallet in place of hourglass.

But mpen magic on hit does 3 times the burst damage. Cloth armor 5 hp pots into Wriggles, malady, madrid's blood razor, frozen mallet, abyss scepter is your core items, late game you can replace malady with void staff if you need more mpen, or banshee if your still cc'd to hell. Wriggles can be replaced with hextech gunblade if youyr outputs too low still and you don't need the armor... Its hella deadly, basically kogmaw build

ThrawnFett

04-21-2011

Utility is too good not to use. I normally 9-0-21 with Flash and Teleport (shrooms let you teleport pretty much anywhere you want to).

I start with Cloth Armor + 5 pots. which normally allows me to lane until I can upgrade straight to a Wriggles. This allows me to lane/ push well in addition to farming a lot. Then I build:
Boots of Swiftness
Infinity's Edge
Phantom Dancer
Black Cleaver or Bloodthirster (depending on if I need more lifesteal)
Defensive Item, normally Banshee's (Which I tend to build after a Zeal, but before I upgrade to the Phantom)

I find that shrooms are great as an intimidation factor (making them buy oracles, pink wards, banshees), but even with AP, you can't make someone walk through one. It's an inconsistent source of damage. With AD/AS/Crit/Lifesteal, I can contribute a lot more in teamfights and use the shrooms to ward/ defend/ try to pick up kills on low health enemies. I get just as many shroom kills as AD as I did as AP.

Plus, with a Wriggle's and AS, your pushing is only outclasses by a few (like Sivir) and you can help take down Baron/ Dragon quickly. Heck, I can normally solo Dragon at lvl 11 with 2 shrooms (set em up and kite dragon into one, let it do full damage, then kite to the second. With the lifesteal, I have most of my HP left at the end. I normally have at least a BF sword at this point, ideally a Pickaxe too).

TheUntzBus33

04-21-2011

Runes:
Magic Pen reds
Mana Regen per lvl yellows
CDR Blues (maybe 3 magic pen blues to get to 30 magic pen)
AP (or AP per lvl)/CDR/Movespeed quints (your choice or whatever you have available)

Summoner abilities: Flash/teleport
Masteries: 9/0/21
Start with Vampiric scepter
1. Rank 1 boots
2. Wriggle's Lantern*
3. The AP/mana regen item from Nashors tooth (can't remember the name :/ )
4. Boots of mobility (the rank 5 when not attacking ones. think that's what they're called)*
5. Finish Nashor's Tooth*
6. Frozen mallet*
7. Malady *
8. Force of Nature*
9. Sell Wriggle's for Bloodthirster

Played a lot of Teemo games. He is a very fun champion I rush a wriggles for lane staying ability, farming, and the extra ward for additional map control in addition to shrooms (with the shroom nerf to the cd on shrooms this is especially useful early game). The nashors tooth for CDR to get as many shrooms on the map as you can, AP, and atk spd. Frozen mallet immediately following for extra slow utility on auto attacks and health. Malady increases your atk spd and overall dmg (auto attacks, poison, and shrooms). Finally the Force of Nature to make you incredibly hard to catch (rank 5 mobility boots, W passive + W activate + FoN + Frozen Mallet slow to kite + Flash just in case), adds decent health regen in conjunction with the health from your Frozen mallet, and some MR for defensive stats.

This build suits my playstyle for Teemo. I enjoy having shrooms (and wards from wriggle's) throughout the map to gain sight of the opposing team. Being quick movespeed-wise helps to achieve this goal. It also makes him very difficult to catch in teamfights, allowing him to go in and out of combat at will. Teleport also allows him to get around the map quickly by teleporting to mushrooms on distant parts of the map. This puts him in more of a support roll, but very effective at slows, map control, and opposing carry suppression (blind, decent damage, slow from Frozen Mallet). His damage output in this build is not quite what it could be with say a Madreds Bloodrazor or straight AP builds, but it provides survivability, CDR, movespeed, and overall utility making him a great addition to a team with tanks to protect him, and an AD carry.

Lizto

04-21-2011

Anyone that tries to build teemo without frozen mallet has never felt the power it gives. Teemo is not a very strong champion, he has 3 tools to avoid getting damaged in various ways. Be it making the enemy miss, with blinding dart, moving faster than the enemy, with move quick or leading enemies into shrooms. You can easily add another way to keep your cute little teemo out of harms way, Phage/Mallet, these items will make you like Ashe, without a stun, somewhat less damage but better map control, tons of movement speed and a blind.

Ashe, the second a melee champion reaches her, shes pretty much dead unless her team helps. Teemo is not so easily killed since he can blind, which will give him 3 seconds to destroy the enemy, and most casters shouldnt even bother cause with a decent build they wont be able to burst him down.

My build as teemo goes as follows:

Start with dorans blade, its all you need, you neednt more mp regen, you neednt more AP, the enemy wont be trolling(harrassing) you..YOU will troll them!

Against melee champs poke->blinding dart->poke->poke->retreat, retreating earlier if too many minions lock you down (more 3 or more). Against AP wait for them to use a skill or two then poke->retreat..

Once you start laning against your enemies you will ask yourself some questions:

Is the enemy much stronger? Buy 2 or 3 more dorans blade
Can you easily dominate them? Rush boots + Phage
Are you more or less equal strength? Get zerk greaves+ another dorans blade
Is your enemy Katarina or Malzahar? Theyre stronger, but instead of dorans get MR, a negatron cloak and the 24MR thingy should do, I love seeing kat blow her ult thinking she can kill me and then finds out I dealt almost as much damage to her as she did to me during ult(dont forget to place a shroom like a second before her ult is done since she will probably try to run) but now shes useless and ready to die. As for malzahar, this will allow you not to feed.
Is you enemy Annie? Dont bother changing your build, and be REALLY careful, shes gonna kill you regardless, call for ganks.

Thats what you should do during laning phase, and of course build towards your final build:

1)Frozen mallet
2)Greaves/Treds
3)Madreds Bloodrazor
4)Malady
5)Guardian Angel
6) Banshees Veil

Against a balanced team.

On TT I tend to get nashors tooth instead of Malady, mainly because TT is a tiny map, so filling it with shrooms is an easy task. Its also here where you may find full physical damage teams.

In which case:

1) Ninja Tabis
2)Frozen Mallet
3)Madreds Bloodrazor
4)Thornmail
5)Nashors tooth
6)Malady

You will deal high damage, and they will think twice before focusing you first during teamfights.

This has been my experience with Teemo. The key is that all you need to kill is madreds, the rest will allow you to kite/survive long enough for you to shoot as many 4%(before MR) shots as possible and its been working for me pretty well.