Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

How to lane against Malzahar as Lux?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

JOHNNY SUPERNOVA

04-20-2011

I just went solo lane against a Malzahar as Lux, and got my **** rocked hard.

He was pushing me real hard, and once he hit six I was as good as dead whenever he saw me.

How do I avoid feeding against Malzahar as Lux? Can someone give me some helpful tips?

Nitrous

04-20-2011

Hug your tower.

MysteryP

Recruiter

04-20-2011

Play defensively and ask for a gank... If he overextends a bit to far then punish him with a bind/aoe combo... if you can hit him with that twice they he should be weak enough to try and kill... Lux is one of my mains and I don't have a problem with Malzahar as much as heroes that can take a beating like Mord, Renekton or Vlad

Celetial

04-20-2011

Quote:
JOHNNY SUPERNOVA:
I just went solo lane against a Malzahar as Lux, and got my **** rocked hard.

He was pushing me real hard, and once he hit six I was as good as dead whenever he saw me.

How do I avoid feeding against Malzahar as Lux? Can someone give me some helpful tips?

If he was pushing real hard, he must have used his skills on minions, you can tower hug and ask for a jungler gank. Jungle gank is easy solution for your situation. He is not supposed to push really hard without getting punished because jungler should kill him if he does it.

You can also just spam your E on him whenever he uses his spell on minions. He prob only has his E and W left after he spam that silence. Hopefully it hurt him too. His E is a targeted nuke but it has quite a short range. When you nuke him, he'll move forward to try to nuke you with that E, and you have to avoid getting in range. If you succeed in avoiding getting nuked up to level 6, you should be able to nuke him with E every single time he wants to last hit something. If he tries to dodge your E, then he would be less aggressive at pushing.

Upon hitting 6. You can't really stay there. When a new minion wave comes, use your laser and E to clear the wave. Recall. Back at base, buy mr and boots for sure. If you have a really hard time, you should get an early negatron. If you can't, and have been dodging alright, you can get one or two null mr and get some dmg items as well. Either way, grab some mr early is very important against these op 1 vs 1 mage characters.

You can also consider the old school rod of ages build for Lux against Malz because some extra hp with the cataylst along with some mr may really help you in lane. So basically some early hp+mr, and good dodging and zone control are what you need to lane against him evenly. You also should consider harassing him with your long range spells to keep him at bay.

OddSquad

04-20-2011

Lvl E first. Use it to kill 1 of the melee minions and then use your passive to kill the three caster minions. try to last hit the last two melee minions.

Keep the enemy minions just outside of your tower ranged. This keeps malz exposed for a gank from the jungle

Avoid his DOT. Honestly if it's cast on a minion its easy to avoid. if its cast on you then you are way to close to him.

Try going philosophers stone first. The HP regen and Mana Regen allow lux to lane for a long time. (conserve your mana and harrass with ult)

Typically when I play Lux solo lane I can hold against anything and usually push them back too.

tigerllama

04-21-2011

I personally would disagree with OddSquad above me.

Rushing a P.Stone will help you sustain your lane, however, you'll need someone to cover your lane for a bit (which isn't always an option) as Malz pushes minions back quite fast. I highly recommend using P.Stones on Lux, but there's really no time to do that while Malz is still in lane (unless you have Teleport or Fortify).

Next point, I suggest leveling W first. E is great for zoning and pushing minions back; however, you're not going to zone Malz with E and he'll push you harder than you can push back while being mana efficient as well. But why W first?

Last point, you're going to eat his DoT. If you remove his DoT from the equation, you will have a better chance at zoning him as he'll be spending quite a bit of mana to kill a single creep while you're relatively unaffected.

Narvuntien

04-21-2011

You can't out zone him but you can outburst him.

Q, it is a double snare remember you can hit someone through a minion wave.
E
R!!
if it doesn't kill him he will still have to B at least.

I suggest starting with Boots.... Your movement speed will making Malz hitting his skill shots near impossible.

Resilga

04-21-2011

I did terrible solo vs a Caitlyn and I normally do alright against most others. Her q is monsterous early game and even with its telegraphing animation it is hard to shield in time (yes, simply moving is the better idea but some Caitlyns have good aim). You can't punish caitlyn with your passive because her aa range is the same as yours if not slightly longer and simply harassing with your e will drain you too quickly even with reasonable mp5.

Can't even tower hug well if she is good with her q and she will be able to peck your tower to death before you've even gotten to hers. All I could think of was calling ganks and having an over protective jungler.

Any thoughts on that while we're at it?

BlackEminem

04-21-2011

if he trys to harass with his E, look like an easy target and then run backwards and lineup for a free snare while he chases you, thus giving you a free E on him after and 2 auto attacks with your passive. the exchange should be in your favor as long as you dodge his silence and dont take free hits from his voidling. Just remember to stay out of range of E, and if he trys to throw it on you that is a free combo on him because you can tell where he is gonna go. and if he doesnt try to throw it on you then great, your not gonna kill him anyway so just farm up till someone helps gank him...

MidnightShroud

04-21-2011

Also, QuickSilver Sash is Malzahar's counteritem. Always have it, especially when the other team has a warwick and malzahar!