Jarvan vs. Sion

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

omegabakon

04-20-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kahldris View Post
Which is more idiot-proof? Sion
Which provides more for the team? Jarvan (can jungle, very useful throughout entire game)
Which would you recommend? If you like casters, Sion. If you like tanking and maybe jungling, Jarvan.

Both are solid choices imo.
...No... why would you ever tank with Jarvan... When i played Jarvan a lot for awhile, i tried tanking with him multiple times, and hes an ok-bad tank because hes still somewhat squishy. Also, if you tank with jarvan, his ult becomes useless and will only result in raging teamates who will be extremely angry with you after you trap them in your ult while doing no damage to the enemy. If you play Jarvan, definitely go pure dps or tanky dps, and not pure tank

Kynesor

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-20-2011

Jarvan cause hes idiot proof. And great early. But AD sion has burnt a hole of fear for him
And i was playing him. BASE DOVE 2 PEOPLE OH YEAH

MathMage

04-20-2011

Sion destroys squishies of every stripe. Jarvan, however, fares better against anyone Sion can't one-shot.

Sacull Kinslayer

04-20-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by omegabakon View Post
...No... why would you ever tank with Jarvan... When i played Jarvan a lot for awhile, i tried tanking with him multiple times, and hes an ok-bad tank because hes still somewhat squishy. Also, if you tank with jarvan, his ult becomes useless and will only result in raging teamates who will be extremely angry with you after you trap them in your ult while doing no damage to the enemy. If you play Jarvan, definitely go pure dps or tanky dps, and not pure tank
Jarvan is an amazing tank when done right. And bad Jarvans will ult wrong regardless of whether they are tanking or not. His ult takes the most skill in the game (as far as ults go) to do right and NOT screw your team. He is one of the best initiators in the game with multiple initiations and as a tank you can do that even better. And his shield, which gets BETTER the more enemies nearby, screams tank since that is where the tank should be... in the middle of the enemy.

I love his ult. You can trap an enemy and leave them there with your combo, you can trap an enemy under your turret, you can save your carries with it, you can initiate with it, you can block paths with it, you can initiate with your combo and then jump past everyone to a squishy with your ult. I love his ult. But it is one of the hardest to master.

MathMage

04-20-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by omegabakon View Post
There's no law that says Tank Jarvan has to use his ult to trap his teammates. Tank Jarvan still initiates with E --> Q and saves his ult to catch runners. W makes Jarvan less squishy, and becomes much stronger if you build mitigation. And his passive allows him to do solid damage with barely any DPS items, much like Shen (not to say you should build no DPS, just that you don't need much DPS).

Daikaze

04-21-2011

Sion is idiot proof

They both provide a decent amount to the team... Jarvan does offer a bit more support while Sion offers some serious tank.

Ultimately I'd recommend Jarvan. Sion is incredibly boring and really doesn't have a gap closer. Jarvan is so much more fun that Sion.

DA

04-21-2011

Jarvan probably brings a touch more, but it really depends on your teams needs.

Sion is stupidly easy to play and very strong.

AD sion is for normals haha. Good luck getting that farm in ranked.

greenerpastures

04-21-2011

jarvan is the OPPOSITE of idiot proof...i just watched guardsman bob's stream where he strapped teammates three times....

but on the other hand, it can punish people HARD - had a game yesterday where their team was destroying ours and their fed singed/two others came to dive a low health squishy right as i came up..so i ulted them before they could reach said squishy, tower killed singed, i killed the other right there, and the other died after a short juke attempt. he can swing teamfights like no other, and he is awesome in that he can initiate with ult, then with flag/pull combo go to help squishies, AND the slow is really good both for slowing down chasers/runners.

and build him more tank than not - i like going wriggles, mercs, two HOG, banshee's, atma's, randuin's, insert whatever late game, and i build him with flat armor runes and MR/level, movespeed quints, and armor pen reds

DarkLordNekrus

10-26-2013

I played both, and for what it's worth, Sion runs like a fridge on legs. As long as he isn't hard countered, he'll decimate the other guy for days.

Just go defense until you get your ult, and you'll steamroll over the competition.

Euphoria Rev

10-26-2013

Honestly, I've played both champs and found Jarvan incredibly quirky compared to Sion, and Sion isn't boring! Flashing and stunning an ADC, then ult in with a botrk and at least a Tiamat... The dueling potential *u*

Sion doesn't have abunch of utility compared to Jarvan though... For simpler play you gotta go Sion, if you like technical stuff you go Jarvan.

Jarvan is no more team oriented though, Sion's ult combined with Tiamat passive can keep your team alive just a little bit longer, and add the heal spell (for those who aren't focused on pure aggression), a good Sion can turn the tides of a battle drastically. Jarvan is stronger in terms of game breaking because of his ult, but you have to be careful in timing it.