How to deal with Zilean during laning phase?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

IrishDoom

02-28-2010

Zilean can be a really tough matchup for me when playing as Blitz or Jax. He's got a huge range and can harass really well with the time bomb. So how do you play against Zilean when laning? Are there any champs that are particularly good counters, or just play fairly defensively?

Zenanii

02-28-2010

Play extremely defensively. Do not try to harras him, if you're atacking him you're going for a kill. Try to get a lane switch. Start going jungle as early as possible. Blue pill when you are low health, staying around at low hp is asking fr a doubble bomb to the face.

Do not try to do some fancy trick to kill him after lvl 6 as he will just ulti him self and it will all be for nothing. If you do try to kill him, make sure to gank him with a strong advantage (3v2 or 3v1) and bring a lot of CC. Also, ignite is a decent counter to his ulti (if you happend to pick it).

Also, cleanse help a little bit to mitigate the damage from his time bombs, as you can cleanse it once every 2 minutes. It's not much but Every little bit helps to make you stay in that lane for as long as possible before blue pilling.

Runyst

02-28-2010

it's easier when you're playing as a blitz
play really defensively by your tower and if you're really patient, their zilean is bound to mess up once or twice and you'll have a chance to grab him right to your tower
of course if they're smart you're just gonna have to change lanes with someone else or tough it out

Finchie

02-28-2010

Be a ranged hero. Merc treads. Gank him because he is squishy. Repeat.

Almitt

Adjudicator

02-28-2010

basically, lane up with a countering hero, pref a stealther, and let him deal with zilean. shaco is a good counter, and eve works aswell.

roninsm

02-28-2010

Get a cheap MR item (you're building merc treads anyways right?) then laugh in his face as the bombs do minimal damage.

idecline

02-28-2010

Cleanse can help.

It can be annoying for him, not knowing if your cleanse is up and the potential for him to waste mana early.

I wouldn't recommend doing it every time, but early game when you can see that no one is MIA it is worth it.

I got a Zilean pretty frustrated doing it one game. He was like "What is the CD on cleanse?"

Lynxion

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-28-2010

Merc Treads + Basically any other MR item = Lol, was that damage, Zilean?

inept

02-28-2010

cleanse/the MR cloak that builds into merc treads.

ChaosGopherSucks

02-28-2010

Any ranged hero and Blitz, or any stealthed hero will shut Zilean down. If you're two melee stuck in a lane with him, switch, or last hit while hugging a turret (which I cannot do so therefore I switch). Also, any DPS + healer will do ok.

Mid-Late game should go much better as Zilean's dmg starts falling