I love the new fair Ryze.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Burning Rose

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-02-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jumex View Post
May I quote:

What riot did to ryze was negligibly late game. They added like 20/15/10/5 more damage to one of his spells and nerfed his other spell by the same amount. All of the other changes barely do anything

He used to be pretty weak early game, now people can't screw around with him early game anymore. It's just now everybody thinks he's so good he's getting more playtime and people found he's not so bad.

If they revert him to pre patch it wont be any different than it is now
This, but one difference. It will be different.

If they revert him back, he'll be just as much of a pubstomper, but even less useful in high-tier play.

Kurokune

03-02-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkwizard84 View Post

we r not talkin' about "magic resist works vs everyone" (that is obvious ._. ), we r talking about "buy those items just because r the only way to counter Ryze". Read the topic plz, child.

Actually, yeah we are. You can't make claims like "It's two items to counter ONE person" adn then ignore people when we point out that those items work against more than Ryze. Banshee's will block many spells you probably don't want to be hit by and it offers an array of other stats that are always useful. Mercury trades will help against ANY crowd control. Neither of these items is useful ONLY against one champ (or even one type of champ). Oracles, on the other hand, is 400 gold EVERY time you die and is only useful against stealthers (and versus Twitch who hasn't been lobotomized it isn't even that effective) with NO stats to help you against any other champs.

Bambilow

03-02-2010

''Magic Resist is also the only way to Counter any champion who deals magic damage. Just like Armor is the only way to counter any champion who deals physical damage. i don't see how this applies only to Ryze; you don't need MR against him any more than you do against Annie or Fiddlesticks or Veigar. Your argument is invalid.''

So to you the only way to counter (or kill) caster is with magic resist and the only way to counter (or kill) any dps champion is to get a ton of armor... So the only playable champions in this game are tanks?

''i don't see how this applies only to Ryse; you don't need MR against him any more than you do against Annie or Fiddlestick or Veigar.''

Sure you do need more MR against Ryse than any other champ. Plus all the team need this MR since he can deal massive damage to all the team. For annie, its kinda rare that the opportunity to attack all 5 other players at the same time happen, tho with Ryse its possible almost 70% of the teamfight. With fiddle...his ult is alot harder to land than any skill that Ryse will ever have, its good but he cant cast it every 30ish second for no mana cost.Veigar can only burst one person at a time (if he's lucky he will hit 2 with his meteor).

Sorry but YOUR argument is invalid.

Sorry for the '' '' it may look tard but i don't know how to use the quote so...im doing with these!

Craixis

03-02-2010

Hey bamb... your argument is invalid, think about what you said for a minute...
Spell flux richochets off of 5 targets is it, and has a small AoE if he pops his ult. If you're standing close to your allies when this happens, you're going to take alot of damage.
Veigar can kill a champion with Event horizon+Darkmeteor (which can hit up to 5, if the stun was timed right) with Burst and Baleful Strike... and that'd be the same effect that Ryze has when he pops his ult and hits your entire GROUPED team...
Annie has a stun with one of her nukes every 5 spells (her shield does not set off a stun, thank god), if she hits you with tibbers/incinerate/fireball-thingy-whose-name-I-forget... It does the same thing Ryze can do (especially if she hit the group).
And fiddles, a good fiddles will use something like the wraith spawn area to charge his ult, then teleporting to the middle lane right when the enemy team is there and fearing an enemy, and (if they have flash) flashing towards anyone whose trying to get out of range, along with Exhaust, that's 2 people caught in the blast (of course, after he throws that exhaust, he better be draining someone). Killing 2 or more Champs in a single skill combo.
And magic resist works just as well against Ryze as those guys, except for the fact that you haven't clued in to the old "5 meter spread" rule... (Here's the thing, annie and fiddles have the same opportunities as Ryze does to get their combos off on the entire enemy team.)
And its Ryze, not Ryse... I mean, if you're gonna flame him, do it right, dog.
Sure, ryze's ult is only 40 seconds for a cooldown (base cooldown value), but that just means he has it for every time he's ready to engage (he needs to pop his ult to deal the same damage Veigar can do with a Dark Matter+Baleful+Burst combo, but Ryze doesn't get any bonus AP for using it)
And if you CC Ryze while he's popped his ult, sure, he may of rune prisoned someone, but you can either FF to take him down or get out of range (most Ryze's get sorc. boots, personally I've had more of a fancy for Mobility) until his ult runs out, allowing you to gank him (without his ult, he does about a third of his damage output... that ult is all that makes him Viable to nuke)

Bambilow

03-02-2010

Craixis, I have to say that some of your arguments are kinda good... But RyZe deal MASSIVE damage to ALL the team more often than Annie or Veigar. For Fiddle... Like you've said, a GOOD fiddle would do that, tho the majority of players aren't playing alot and might not be fast enought to do the ''combo'' you've just said, plus, some people (like me) have some bad lags and can barely do it, (try to do it with 3-5 FPS during teamfight, its pretty hard). But, with Ryze, you just have to get in the fight, don't have to aim anything, you burst the closest guy, you kill him and you have high chance to deal massive damage to the rest of the team. Plus, Ryse is a beast in 1v1 fight and he's also 95% of the time (the other 5% is when its someone who is playing his first game with him,or is lvl 10-) the man to kill first in team fight. For Annie, Tibbers, or incinerate skills are alot harder to land than Ryse skills during teamfight, Yes they can stun all the team, but I played over 300 games and I never saw that (same for a 5 hit with Veigar's meteor), but I saw Ryze doing alot of damage to all the team, ALOT of times.

Anyway I'm done with arguing since I'll stop playing LoL untill I get my new comp.I hope people won't cry about him anymore when I'll be back because he's too OP, because actually YES he is (Maybe not Op,maybe just way too easy to play?), otherwise I dont think there would be that much people crying against him.