10 Tips for Free Week Leblancs

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Narvuntien

04-20-2011

hello Leblanc was free the week I started playing LoL and I quickly took a liking to her. She has been my favourite ever since.

So you have decided to try Leblanc. You have picked the most powerful early nuker in the game. These tips should help you to beat any equally skilled player in lane and start snowballing.

1. "Paitence Summoner", like most assassain champions you need paitence wait for the right time for the kill, it will take some time to develop a sense of when the right time is.

2. Q R W E ignite Q..... that is your kill combo, practice it and use it. It will kill pretty much every champion in the game at level 6. be warned you will be useless after using it.

3. Leblanc is a 1v1 champ never ever use your full combo in a situation that isn't 1v1. If you are alone under a turret against 4 enemy champions... abandon the turret if you try anything you'll die.

4. Don't try to help allies in trouble.. you are squishy you'll both get killed.. you will understand when you can help when you are better at Leblanc.

5. Last hit minions!... yeah killing the champion is great and all but don't forget to kill minions. NEVER EVER use W to do so. (exceptions: protecting inhibitor or nexus)

6. When your abilities are on cooldown, you are completely useless... leave the fight and wait.

7. Keep harassment fairly limited or you will burn through your mana, I can play Leblanc with no mana items or runes. When you harass before level 6 you want to use Q+ W combo, This a) deals serious damage b) Silences your opponent c) can be used to farm minions

8. Don't buy Mejai's unless you have 2/0 score. All the guides might say buy mejai's but if you are failing you are wasting your gold... buy it when you get better at Leblanc

9. If you kill your opponent in mid and push your minon wave to thier turret, don't bother to auto attack it, you cannot push turrets. Leave the lane and gank other lanes, if your opponent is dead, they wont be able to call mia. in normal games people have no map awareness and rarely use wards... use this to your advantage to get extra kills.

10.Once you feel you have the basics branch out and try some combo's with your Ultimate that isn't your basic kill combo. Example: W R Q can kill those low health champs just out of reach.

other Leblanc players feel free to add to the list but keep in mind that this isn't really about items or runes or masteries it is just people starting out with Leblanc, in Normal games... not ranked.

Also you can't play Leblanc against Annie bot in Coop vs AI because Annie bots reaction time is faster than you can silence her.

(I posted this in the general section but it gets buried too fast)

Warrrax

04-20-2011

Thanks.

Rrbhaunoch

04-20-2011

Thanks for the tips I have tried her once...she plays very much like Kassadin to me, just a few more buttons in the full combo so it is a little harder to pull off sometimes. She is definitely a boss when played correctly, I am going to keep practicing!

I would just like to reiterate that mejai's are always a bad idea when you are new to any new champ. Best point of all of them...so I think you should move it to #1!

Šuperman

04-20-2011

A good combo if your opponent gets wise of you and always runs away when you move in is to use W to get closer then Q+R for the kill then W back out.

Suicide Penguin

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-20-2011

if you can, blink over a wall, unload, then blink back over the wall so you dont get dropped when ur on cooldown

FckMan

Recruiter

04-20-2011

leblanc is my all time favorite champ. i think in 50 rank games or so im 10/2/8 now rounded up or down. i round down if its .7 or lower and round up if its .8 or higher. unfortunately just because you are dominant doesnt mean you are going to win and its not too hard for me going legendary.

1. lol patience is a virtue not shared by many

2. ignite? what for? you either nuke or you dont. you are better off with a cleanse since you have 2 blinks already. i use cleanse and flash all the time.

3. no comment i agree. if you have your full set up, cleanse and flash up and ready, you could probably nuke someone fast enough. if i also finally get my deathfire grasp, even better. kill somebody and dip out.

4. you can help, just dont nuke anything. you have 2 snares or 2 blinks or a silence. save em with your E. keep in mind if you are able to time it right, you can snare the same enemy 3 times in one session.

5. i use W to kill minions if im lvl 6 therefore i have another with R for an escape. if i dont need to escape then i can probably mimic a Q if need be.

6. pretty much agreeable but dont stray too far off. i pretty much will have deathfire grasp + 9% CD from masteries making it 24% CDR, sometimes i have blue elixir, so my Q's can be tossed around a bit. E cools down rather well so throw those in there from the distance. if you cannot nuke anything, those W's better be saved to escape.

7. i use mp5 seals, does great. dont buy any kind of mana items, you dont need it. well you can get banshee's but you arent buying that for the mana. i laugh at leblancs with archangels, waste of time and money.

8. i start with boots and 3 health pots. i always rush mejai's. everyone is a squishy early on into mid. for the bigger enemies that you cannot kill, you can snare 3 times in around 8 seconds, grab the assist. but yah if you are new and you need to practice with her and make them combos dont buy it.

9. ill push the tower, the idea is to last hit or destroy all minions to the point where your next wave will come up with with the current wave giving you plenty of time to hang out at tower. but this can only be done with map awareness, keep in mind of their jungler, have cleanse and W's ready to escape. possibly R and if you have flash up and ready. maintain map awareness, i can agree with leaving lane to gank. i gank alot since she does serious damage. feed your mejai's, it'll be the early game food for deathfire grasp.

10. add a deathfire grasp, ouch!

my masteries is 9/0/21 which is the standard for casters.

my current runes is mp5 seals, mpen marks, 1x mpen quints, 2x flat AP quints, flat AP glyphs. that totals for 19 AP, 10 Mpen, 11 mp5 at 18.

my other rune set up have been mpen marks/quints/glyphs and mp5 seals and the other page used to be xp quints, mp5 seals, mpen glyphs/marks.

you may ask why xp quints, that was to see how fast i could reach the levels over my opponent. she hits like a truck. but the first rune set up i mentioned is what i usually just stick with as its my caster page. her rune page can be anything really, she doesnt need much early on. my skill order is usually W Q W Q E R W Q...and if i know its gonna be useless to nuke a champ in lane as some cannot just be nuked out with one combo im just gonna farm with a Q. my mana regen is just fine and those Q's cooldown at 4 or 5 seconds.

i can tell ya my muscle memory for her combo, DFG active > Q > R > W > E is easy stuff. deathfire active is at button 1 above Q

Narvuntien

06-21-2011

BUMP.

it has been nercoed on the general forums but it will get buried quick so here is a better place for it to be seen by those interested.

Narvuntien

12-05-2011

bumperlicious for leblanc free week... nerco nerco nerco.