[Champion Suggestion] Ashe's Passive

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

realgirl

02-28-2010

Quote:
Plentiful Bounty - Each time Ashe kills a unit, she gains some extra gold.
Ashe gains 1/2/3/4/5 extra gold whenever she kills any unit.
Cooldown
20 seconds
This ability is weaksauce. The gold gain is completely useless early game (you won't hardly notice it). And late game? Only if your games are lasting long enough you can max this out, and even then, this passive is weak, at best. It's going to get the lowest priority, the gold gained simply isn't worth the skill point. Maybe you'll get an 15-30 extra gold per minute, at rank 3, and that's if you're perfect targeting the weak units.

Ways to improve this dilemma:

1. Adjust the gold gained.

A) Solid gain, just boost the amount a little. Non-hero kills give 2/4/6/8/10 extra gold. Doesn't effect creeps or anything else.

B) Percentage based. Non-hero kills give 5/10/15/20/25% extra gold. Effects creeps, bounties gained for killing towers.

C) Re-work. 1/2/3/4/5 gold per kill, but Hero kills give 3/6/9/12/15% more gold.

D) Re-work. Time-based. Ashe gains 2/3/4/6/8 bonus gold every 10 seconds she is alive.

2. Replace the skill.

I think this is the best course of action. I really dislike the skill's concept - why does Ashe get more gold than everybody else? Why such a paltry sum anyway? Is it just 'cause she's got ****s so she can work the bounty office a little better than the other heroes?

Ideas:

[Passive]

Improved Fletching - Increases Ashe's attack range by 3.5/7/10.5/14/17.5%.
Alacrity - Ashe has a 4/8/12/16/20% chance to knotch two arrows and fire - letting her strike two neary by targets at once for 80/85/90/95/100% damage. [multishot]
Heightened Senses - Ashe has an additional 1/2/3/4/5% chance to dodge an attack. When she dodges an attack, her move speed increases by 3/6/9/12/15% for 10 seconds.
Trueshot Aura - Obviously, you'd change the name. Same skill POTM has in WC3, maybe the change effect up a bit. There's no point trying to be original here though, Ashe is basically a clone.

OR

Swap passives. Make her % chance to do crit on the first strike a learnable skill, and make her innate passive give her 10% bonus gold on kills.

[Active]

Going to be more vague here. There are countless things that could go well with Ashe, but how about a scouting spell? A trap spell?

Summon Hawk / Crow - Summons an ethereal bird to survey an area. Can fly over territory. Has 25/50/75/100/125% move speed of Ashe. Lasts 30 seconds. Level 5 versions can see invisible units if they are flying right over them.

Animal Trap - Summons a steel trap below Ashe's feet. Enemy units that walk into it are stopped for 0.2/0.4/0.6/0.8/1 second and take 30/50/70/90/110 physical damage. Ashe can have a maximum of 2 traps out at once. Traps last a maximum of 180 seconds.

I'm new to LoL, but I played DotA on and off for a while. What are everyone's thoughts?

Leoran

02-28-2010

That's Ashe's E, not Ashe's Passive. Ashe's passive is freaking beastly :|

Bladee

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-28-2010

Ashe's E is a passive too... btw didnt know it had 20 secs cd

realgirl

02-28-2010

Quote:
That's Ashe's E, not Ashe's Passive. Ashe's passive is freaking beastly :|
Sorry for the mix up, I'm talking about her passive learned ability, not the innate one.

As for the 20 second CD, it doesn't it mention it anywhere but I copied it directly from her profile on this site. So if it doesn't activate more than once every 20 seconds in-game, the ability is even more useless than I thought.

Tyvor

02-28-2010

I'd have to agree with you in saying it's not very useful. I think it deserves a change.

I think while they're at it they should reduce the range on Volley just a titch...it's always been a bit too ridiculous. I'll preemptively move away from her Volley before she casts it and she'll still hit me, that's hardly fair. She's already great at chasing, honestly doesn't need the silly range on Volley. Not sure how many units of range they should reduce, but it doesn't need much.

realgirl

02-28-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyvor View Post
I'd have to agree with you in saying it's not very useful. I think it deserves a change.

I think while they're at it they should reduce the range on Volley just a titch...it's always been a bit too ridiculous. I'll preemptively move away from her Volley before she casts it and she'll still hit me, that's hardly fair. She's already great at chasing, honestly doesn't need the silly range on Volley. Not sure how many units of range they should reduce, but it doesn't need much.
I agree about volley. I've only played Ashe a few times, but I was surprised by how far the projectiles reached. I could spam volley from a safe distance away and do some damage. Volley isn't really that powerful though, or at least, I've never seen it do more than a single bar of damage.

Tyvor

02-28-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by realgirl View Post
I agree about volley. I've only played Ashe a few times, but I was surprised by how far the projectiles reached. I could spam volley from a safe distance away and do some damage. Volley isn't really that powerful though, or at least, I've never seen it do more than a single bar of damage.
It's pretty weak mid/late game yes, but early game, especially with the crit passive stacked, it's a huge nuissance in terms of damage. Not sure if they could change that, I guess the damage isn't a huge issue. At any point in the game though the range on it is a wee bit much for chasing heroes, she'd do just as fine with a little range taken off the top

Davidordark0

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

03-01-2010

I dont think she needs a change, Ashe is meant to be a beginner character but also viable with a summoner who knows what there doing. Giving her another ability might make her a OP in the right hands. Also the money skill is more useful than u think. It may not be as noticable if you dont go for last hits but Ive definately taken out a wave of 10+ minions with a good volley and at level 5 thats 50 extra gold which is more than u think. Also her passive is another Noobie helper, a new player appreciates the extra damage they probably dont effective use it to its potential. I think a buff now would definately make the good Ashes out there dominate

TheDrunkenMagi

03-01-2010

They try to design heros around a concept of Q= 1v1 ability W= AoE ability and E= self-benefit ability. Most champions aren't going to pick E unless it's very useful like Veigar's EH. Ashe's is designed to be worthless until level 14-18 when mashing level 5 volley on minion waves will gain you 200-300 a wave.

I haven't heard of this 20 second down time. I haven't played Ashe in awhile but when I did it worked everytime I killed something. If they did that then they should remove it immediately. Keep the ability because Ashe doesn't need any buffing or nerfing. Ashe is one the most fair champions in the game. If you have problems with her 3 second stun it's your own dumbass fault for not buying merc treads. If you can't deviate from your build then you deserve to lose.