Suggestion: Colors for charecters

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

4Leks

08-26-2009

Ideas:

I'd suggest to maybe implement a color differentiation between heroes...

Reasons:

1. When person pins on the mini map it always goes yellow and you don't know who was doing it...

2. Little circle icons on mini map with characters pictures in them are very hard to differentiate between each other...
I always have to go and select person to see who it is. And it's annoying if you want to gang, help etc...
So please make it easier to to distinguish between heroes on mini map.

Suggestions:

1. Instead of having everyone in green boarder circles make the color of each boarder around the character different? (on mini map)

2. When you press tab the boarders or something will show which color they are.

3. Also color groups (taken from dota) can be different, for an example on side is bright colors and other is dark.
Or warm colors vs cold colors: red, pink, orange, yellow, bright green VS gray brown dark green purple blue

Chainyk

08-26-2009

imo no sense

4Leks

08-26-2009

K edited post see if you can understand my idea now... lol

Thadious

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-26-2009

FIRST POST WHOO HOO!

Anyways, I completely agree with this. The pictures of characters on the minimap are very difficult to see, and I find it difficult to distinguish the characters from creeps and other heroes when in a heated battle.

Not to mention I always had a favorite color for different characters in DotA...

Asfy

08-26-2009

agreed, asides from OriginalPoster's points there's another benefit of being able to quickly recognize who is who on battlefield especially during hectical 5v5 hero encounters

it really sucks to have heroes blend in with creeps so you have hardtime figuring out whats goin on around you

Squee9

08-27-2009

I haven't noticed a problem with heroes blending into creeps.. Maybe in the confusion of a ig team fight it is possible to lose trak of all 5 enemiy heros...but that is part of the fun. Even small heroes like Amumu look distinct enough, not to mention the big name, hp bar and level number above their heads, to avoid being a problem. However...

I do think that having individual hero colors would be a good idea. At the moment when someone pings a building or an enemy hero it gives you a little text line telling you who is defending that turret or marking that hero.

It would be a lot easier if the building was highlighted with the color of the person who had pinged it, or if the cross hair over the enemy hero was in the color of the person coming to gank him.

On a related note, it would be great if your teleport spell matched your individual color so that your teammates ould know at a glance who was coming to the rescue.

MappoTrell

08-27-2009

Agree, colors like in WC3 are very good idea especialy usefull on minimap

4Leks

08-28-2009

So how do we get this msg to admins?

Mayple

08-28-2009

I see where you guys are coming from but I actually like the way it is now.

The best option would to implement an option to change if you want to see colors or hero avatars in the mini-map.

Or maybe make the hero avatars a little less detailed so you can very noticeably tell who is who on the mini-map.

Thistledown

08-29-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4Leks View Post
So how do we get this msg to admins?
You... uh, post in the In-Game HUG Discussion forum. Thats how.