Ashe pro's - I need help!

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Celetial

04-21-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fizzmopper View Post
Actually one other question I was wondering about. Ashe's Enchanted Crystal ult is dependent on magic (and I am assuming her Q and E too) but all the builds are for attk speed and damage. Is it worth getting any AP items there to get better ult damage? 650 dmg is the max level if I remember correctly, so if you had 500 AP that is a 1150 dmg ult on a relatively short CD....
The answer is no because you will never nuke as much as an AP mage and your job on a team is to do the constant dps without cdr worries. The purpose of dps carries is tower and constant dps on ppl because your normal atks do not have cooldowns.

Beside that, your arrow is a skillshot. People can dodge it. In fact, it is not that hard to dodge when you see some better opponents. On top of that, it is single target. It is not gonna kill their entire team, while your other skills and normal atks can devastate an entire team.

If you really want to utilize your ults,you'd want to use dmg+cdr items such as brutalizer and cdr boots. You can also go for pure dmg build and takes blue buff if your team's mage doesn't need it. It lets your spam your volley and arrow more often, which increases Ashe's support and kiting utility by a lot.

Celetial

04-21-2011

Quote:
Hi all,
I am a new player and have been playing pretty much just Ashe. I have watched all the vids and read most of the guides for Ashe and I feel like I have gotten my beginning (lvl 1-10) and end game (lvl 16-18) Ashe pretty well perfected w.r.t gear and k/d ratio (always positive).

But, I am struggling with the mid game Ashe, lvls 10 - 16 and usually because of this phase wind up with a K/D ratio that is equal or +/- 1 on either side.

I find that right when all the team fights start that I am too squishy, don't do enough damage, and can't avoid ganks that I wind up going like 1-2 K/D or 1-4 depending on how much I participate in team fights.

I would prefer to stay mid lane farming minions until I have enough money for the real good upgrades, but by that time it is too risky because of enemy champs passing through from top/bottom.

What I would like to do is improve my mid level game so that I can avoid those deaths and net some more kills.

So, any Ashe players out there feeling the mid-game blues and have any advice on how to keep leveling up, getting money, gear, kills without getting dying or getting ganked??

Thanks,
Fizzmopper
There are times when you need to build early defensive items to survive mid game, but that's a bit too much for new players.

Standard ashe core build is
atk speed or movement speed boots.
Infinity Edge
Last whisper(Do not really need if the enemy has absolutely no armor, which should not happen, but at lower levels, people don't really care as much)
Banshee Veil
Phantom Dancer

You can get zeal whenever you want after you bought at least a BF sword. It is usually bought after you finish boots+infinity edge at around 20~25 min mark. Zeal gives you some movement speed, which is very important for Ashe. However, do not ever finish dancer too early unless it is already an early gg game. Dancer is not very cost efficient.

Eledhan

04-21-2011

Quote:
Ha thanks Eledhan!
I read your guide literally right after posting my last message. I had read almost all the others but found yours to be the best wrt Queen Ashe and a guide on how to play when you aren't 30!

Thanks dude!
Well, you are quite welcome!

Stay tuned to the guide, as I keep it updated and am making some major changes to it here in the next month or so.

I've discovered some crazy combo's that simply make Ashe amazing!

If I may be so bold...

I would recommend to any new Ashe player to purchase Boots of Lucidity or Swiftness. Nothing else makes a whole lot of sense on Ashe. I can elaborate more, but the other boots simply do not provide the same caliber of benefits those two do.

Eledhan

04-21-2011

Accidental double post....stupid internet...

Astral Yorae

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-21-2011

Quote:
Actually one other question I was wondering about. Ashe's Enchanted Crystal ult is dependent on magic (and I am assuming her Q and E too) but all the builds are for attk speed and damage. Is it worth getting any AP items there to get better ult damage? 650 dmg is the max level if I remember correctly, so if you had 500 AP that is a 1150 dmg ult on a relatively short CD....
Actually, it's a bit rare, but can work. The concept would be similar to the build in my another post. You would not be an auto attacker. You would relly on Lichbane to do damage, so, it's important to get it fast. Hextuech Gunblade have a nice nuke also.
It can surprise enemies when your team don't have AP and they don't get any resists.

Fizzmopper

04-21-2011

thanks again for the info and answering the question about the AP build.

I tried running with a Doran's shield, and then 2 blades while I was gearing up and that did significantly help my mid game (instead of having just a shield or blade and waiting for the money to go BF). In addition I didn't get the philosopher's stone (which I normally do) and I just played a bit more cautiously and in place of that I was able to get the IE much faster and start to dominate earlier. With the 2 doran's swords I was able to get my hp back up pretty quickly, but I was struggling with mana basically until I hit 17, but yeah the Phil Stone is a crutch that was only holding me back I just need to l2play and balance my mana usage out better. I also ran with the CDR boots and found those to be fantastic!

My last match I went 14-8-21 so not too bad, which we actually came back from big time to win. They had taken all our forest towers out except the bottom and we hadn't taken a single one of theirs out - but that Ashe man she is a carrier!

I was still a bit high on the deaths, but those basically all came from the first 20 mins, and my laptop was overheating and giving me 5-10 fps so that didn't help.

Cheers guys,
I am looking forward to kiting you guys around haha!