Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Quick questions - heroes for beginner

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Youmu Konpaku

08-27-2009

I don't know about that. I picked up Annie and Ryze as my main heroes when I started playing and they haven't failed me in game yet.

KBTKaiser

08-27-2009

I've played mainly Sivir and Taric, Sivir's a mixed bag for me due to her low HP, but her role is support. You don't go out and kill with her unless you're trying to run down the final hit on an enemy using the Q skill. Taric is nice for for starting out, very flexible build possibilities too.

Logo

08-27-2009

Quote:
Youmu Konpaku:
I don't know about that. I picked up Annie and Ryze as my main heroes when I started playing and they haven't failed me in game yet.

But did you start playing before or after last patch (one that added Gem Knight and Taric)? Previous to that patch I'd recommend caster heroes but now, not so much.

MaximalBeast

08-27-2009

Quote:
Obsession:
But annie is weak as hell and you'll die alot. Stack AP and you have so low HP you die to anything. Stack HP and past mid-game your abilities can't hurt anyone. Either way, that 5k HP Nunu is gonna rock you... Annie isn't for noobs.

I know what you're saying and I agree she's not even close to the best hero in the game, but I'm referring to your first few matches. If you've never played a MOBA before many of the heroes abilities might seem overwhelming due to their multiple uses whereas Annie's are straight forward and allow you to grasp the basics of LoL with a strong attack, wider area attack, shield, and Tibbers as her ulti. Also at what point will you be facing a one on one with Nunu? Nunu's a tank, you never 1v1 a tank and Annie is not meant for 1v1 anyways. Always have a buddy with her preferably your own tank as she can support them well with her long range and the tank can absorb the blows for her. Plus if its your first time you should be doubling up with a vet anyway. Although she's not exactly a good hero she's decent enough to get the job done so long as you just keep your distance and fire away.

Youmu Konpaku

08-27-2009

I started playing after Taric was added, and I still think Annie's a great way to pick up.

I personally think that in a 1v1 Annie is fine- she can kite melee heroes decently with impact and there's no ranged hero with an absurd amount of HP yet.

Donoflan

07-31-2013

From the Graves....

Haha,
Actually a decent post to resurrect. Easy to learn characters for newbies, go!

Melee:
Caster:
Ranged:
Other:

Chillzilla

07-31-2013

Quote:
Donoflan:
From the Graves....

Haha,
Actually a decent post to resurrect. Easy to learn characters for newbies, go!

Melee:
Caster:
Ranged:
Other:

OMG necro thread man, i'd be suprised if the op still plays lol(dual meaning).

Buuuuut since i went and already got my stuff ready to post before i looked at the dates here it goes.

Easy choices to start out are

Melee: master yi, garen
Ranged: ashe, graves
Caster: teemo, brand

Funner choices or choices that are a little harder to learn but alot funner.

Melee: trynd, jax, jarvan IV
Ranged: vayne, twitch, kog maw
Caster: Singed, Cho gath, twisted fate
Other: Hecarim, vi, xin zhao(junglers). Sona, taric, thresh, lulu, leona(supports).

My personal favorite champions are singed, cho gath, hecarim, tryndamere, jax, twisted fate, and thresh. If i had to pick one to recommend i'd go with singed - he plays alot differently than most ap casters but is extremely fun and cheap to buy.

Thaiboxer87

07-31-2013

necro necro!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! this post is like 3 years old