Best Early, Mid & Late Game Champs?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

YourRoleModel

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-19-2011

Quick pet peeve first... I've noticed that when players don't recognize how champions scale, they'll get discouraged if their team is losing by a few kills and a tower or two, but, they're losing to champs that have a powerful early game but taper off later.

Then, in the item rich team fight phase, the late game team starts winning team fights and wins... ASSUMING the players stayed possitive and didn't fall into surrender depression.

Early Game Powerhouses:
Pantheon
Zilean
Anivia

Mid Game Juggernauts:
Vlad
Mordekaiser
Akali
LeBlanc
Malzahar

Late Game RoTFStompers:
Jax
Kog'Maw
Soraka (insane unkillable other team if played right)
Twisted Fate (can result in extra critical items a team fight sooner in late game)

Definitely not an all inclusive list... and definitely subjective. Who do you think?

When you see a team composition, do you have a feel in your head of:
- We'd better win early.
- We'll win if we play even early.
- We have to harass early and survive the mid-game and we'll be fine.

I know that this stuff is build and team dependent... but, I find that there's a general feel to how the flow of the game is going to go? What do you think?

Draghinaazzo

04-19-2011

imho anivia and zilean are more late game than early game. The both need ******ed amounts of mana and have amazing ap ratios. Also, zilean scales with the carries on your team which are all lategame heros.

fizzNchipz

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-19-2011

Pantheon is absolute **** early game. Hes underpowered and cannot kill anyone by himself to save his own life... He really shines at end game with all his items, and is a acceptable mid game..

TehKaster

04-19-2011

I think that Anivia can be placed anywhere, really. Her combo-nukes help her early game in the way that she does not need that much AP to do a lot of damage. And her amazing AP ratios are great for late game. Same goes for Zilean. With his ult having insane AP ratios, he can revive a champ for pretty much full health end game, which makes him a priceless support to have.

reaver99

04-19-2011

It's a good idea but I don't know how you're making these decisions... TF as a late game hero? Maybe if your late game plan revolves around split push. And you're missing the classic late-game heroes like Tryndamere, Veigar, Poppy, Kayle...

Sorbon

04-19-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Onyx Mage View Post
Pantheon is absolute **** early game. Hes underpowered and cannot kill anyone by himself to save his own life... He really shines at end game with all his items, and is a acceptable mid game..
Panth's shining spot early is his ability to tower dive. With that exception, I agree with this.

Jax is also massively misplaced on the OP list. Jax's early burst is phenomenal, and his stun his much more reliable when folks depend on autoattacks. Late game, his scales are **** so his damage is ****, and the majority of champions can just not autoattack him and still smoke him. Jax is basically a wasted slot after 25 minutes.

This list probably could use more distinction, too. If Vlad is awesome "mid game" and Anivia "early game" then I'd assume midgame starts at level 7 or 9. I would think a list that includes folks who really shine pre-ultimates would be nice too. Jax can be on that list. Alongside Gangplank, Taric, and Sion.

By this timeline, Soraka belongs on Mid and Late game, too. Her burst healing at level 9 is about when she becomes a serious concern, and a lot harder to focus.

Amumu can be on Early and Mid. He's far too easy to ignore late game. Leblanc, Caitlyn, and MF are "Early." Ashe and Twitch can be added to "Late."

Udyr is an incredible example of tapering slowly off. His damage is stellar at low levels, combined with an awesome shield and stun... but he contributes relatively little to team fights, and far less than other offtanks can. He can still regularly out damage the carries in a game that's less than 45 minutes, however, with that early advantage.

The layout that some of the fellas I play with and I use takes advantage of these sorts of observations in a healthy way. Shen, Soraka, Udyr, Ashe, and generic AP carry (Kennan, Ryze, and Morganna being the normals). Shen and Udyr have an incredible early game, particularly with ganking. Ashe, Soraka, and GenericAP can hold their own in lane, and will generally only die to those who can tower dive early on. Mid game, as Shen and Udyr are still shining, Soraka catches up, and any early teamfights that involve poking before hand, this team will win no sweat. Late game, Ashe and GenericAP finally have their builds finished and with the few ganks and early teamfights, the other team's never quite there (I mean it. NEVER!). So, Soraka, Shen, and Udyr orbit around the two carries seeing to it that their targets are stunned/taunted, and that they are healed/shielded.

People are usually stupid enough to focus the GenericAP or Soraka, so the enemy team just gets aced until they give up.

Ripjaws

04-19-2011

Anivia is my main. Early game powerhouse?

Please.

I rock end game like no other when I wall up the whole enemy team in my blizzard.

I would add Heimerdinger to early game/mid game powerhouse. I love seeing Heimerdinger in a game at end game I just one or two shot his turrets even when he ults me. Heimer's so silly.

Sandrock7383

04-19-2011

Heimer is an early game BEAST. this list seems off. If my team doesnt win within the first 25 mins I always regret having a jax on the squad. he is pretty much worthless in team fights.

BeyondGodlike

04-19-2011

gragas early game

Mang0s

04-19-2011

early game:
leblanc
panth
garen
shaco
caitlyn

mid game:
vladmir
kassadin
nidalee

late game: