Replays + Deny

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Loktor

08-26-2009

I played dota for a very long time and i just can say that leauge of Legends is a real competition for dota but there are missing 2 points in my opinion.
1. it would be nice if there would be a function to save replays of games
2. Denying in my opinion it is a big mistake to not include deny because this aspect is very important because then you don't have to just last hit the enemy creeps then you'd have also to deny yours and that would bring more action into the early game

Lollerman

08-26-2009

Read this.

Details why denying is silly, albeit a little old.

If you play a few more games and get some friends together to play with the vets, you'll realise how silly denying becomes when you're busy trying to survive 5-man ganks/pushes at level 1.

Xagur

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-27-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loktor View Post
I played dota for a very long time and i just can say that leauge of Legends is a real competition for dota but there are missing 2 points in my opinion.
1. it would be nice if there would be a function to save replays of games
2. Denying in my opinion it is a big mistake to not include deny because this aspect is very important because then you don't have to just last hit the enemy creeps then you'd have also to deny yours and that would bring more action into the early game
it only removes actions and attention against other heroes, slowing down the game greatly.

toomad

08-27-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lollerman View Post
Read this.
[...]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xagur
it only removes actions and attention against other heroes, slowing down the game greatly.
+1 (thx for searching that link)

why are there ppl wanting denying back? seriously...

Squee9

08-27-2009

Last hitting and farming are my two least favorite aspects of any DotA style game. They are the least interesting, least fun, and involve only a player vs. AI kind of interaction. You can argue that with denying available it makes for player vs player fights over the last hits, and I agree with that...but...I want the player vs player fights to be about their own hp bars, not about 15 gold arrow shots. LoL has done a great job so far in making itself a gankfest and teamfight bananza mostly because it has eliminated aspects such as denying, creep pulling, and jungle creeps that are easy to abuse for gold and exp. Leave denying where it was buried.

On a side note. Yes replays!

Byny

08-27-2009

I'm generally worried about depth brought by game mechanics like denying, before I played LoL I was a stubborn defender of denying. It was just I wasn't introduced to not be able to deny. The absence of denying made the game flow faster and with more focus on the actual game. Also, it seems that this issue is already settled.

Yes with Replays, but with better control, like a timeline you could navigate, or you could jump to events like hero kills, buildings destruction...

oR BlueWizard

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-27-2009

+1000 replays
-1000 deny

This is NOT dota