@ Riot, About wards

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

JukenJ

04-18-2011

PLEASE READ EVERYTHING BEFORE YOU COMMENT, DON'T BOTHER COMMENTING IF YOU DON'T READ WHAT I HAVE TO SAY.

Champion like eve are op, i almost never am in a game that an eve can be ignored, even if you buy oracles and wards. Even if you are able to stop her from getting ganks/farming early she is a nuisance and can turn a game around.

My reason for bringing this up is that i think the "Timer" on the wards is far too short, a champ should be able to stay out in their lane until atleast 6 without going back. if you can do that you are doing just fine. and then again you dont want to go back (because you don't want to lose out on exp and gold and get behind the ppl you are laning against) until you have money for an item that would improve your game.

here is a list of problems that wards have and either all or some of them need to be considered in order to balance out champions like eve

1. The kill timer is far too short. you have to keep buying countless wards throughout the beginning of the game and that will take so much of your money that you wont get your items needed, and the other team will.
2. The range is too small, you have to buy multiple vision wards to cover the whole lane, if you put it in the bushes you don't get the rest of the lane, and if you put it in the middle you cant always see the bushes.
3. Cost is too high for what you get atm (to effectively stop a single champion from ganking all lanes every champ needs to buy multiple wards very early on in the game. and it stops EVERYONE from getting the needed items when the other team gets theirs you have to keep spending your money on wards)

The mere presence of an Eve that is even slightly competent ensures that one team will have better items than the other/one team will not be able to push as well as the other for fear of a stun that can come literally out of nowhere.

And for all you skeptics out there the same can be said for elixers, the range is too short, if you die you lose it and to replace wards with elixers in the laning phase you still have to buy some wards for the river and 3 elixers (one for each lane) is 1200 gold.

I recently started playing eve alot and know all of this from experience. i know riot said they will be changing her more but i think changing wards to the way they were before or something like that will stop one champion from causing so many problems.

Bizu

04-18-2011

Hard to read when its all gray.
Go agree to the summoner's code...

I also didn't read the whole thing, but:
That advantage is her advantage. She's easily thrown down by a tank with an oracle and her mana costs keeping her from spamming invisibility.
Bring two wards, throw one down, and as the first expires, throw the second down. Alternate with your lane mate for these. Use normal wards for the river, a pink ward at dragon and baron. (Also to see their wards)

Play Teemo (NEWSKIN) and watch your shrooms poof.

Stop sucking.

ShadyGrave

04-18-2011

seriously, it really is hard to concentrate when its grey.

JukenJ

04-18-2011

i don't know why its gray......

SBEB

04-18-2011

Why is it so hard to read

KatarinaCatKitty

04-18-2011

I read it all but ya go agree with the code. Its a good idea been thinking about it myself but alot of people think its the champion and not the items that need a nerf/buff.

KatarinaCatKitty

04-18-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by JukenJ View Post
i don't know why its gray......
Click my account (if it asks if you want to veiw something say no) go to summoners code and agree to one of them.

JukenJ

04-18-2011

got it, thanks lol

tmacandcheese

04-18-2011

I do agree that wards need to be messed with a bit. One of the big thing I read on here a while ago that I really want to see is a ward-like summoner spell. Increase the sight range, and just drop ward as a summoner spell. I think that'd be an invaluable summoner spell, and still save a good amount of money in the sense of buying wards. Something like this situation could also benefit greatly from this if the ward were able to see invis... *Lightbulb effect* Maybe you could spec it to see invis o.o ME LIKE

Sorry, I like rant/brainstorming =P Least it was slightly relevant xD